Beginning Of The New Historicals :-)

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Beginning Of The New Historicals :-)

Postby KimberlyK on July 22nd, 2008, 11:52 pm

I love the last line! I can't wait to read more of this book Lynsay! I'm just glad my husband wasn't in the room as I read this because I made a funny snorting sound as I read Cullen's reaction to being smothered by her chest as she looked for his head wound.

This line reminds me a bit of Lucern *grin*

"Cullen debated offering yet another apology, but he’d already given one and it was more than he normally offered in a year."

It's so frustrating getting caught up in the excerpt and then realizing that you read all of it and will have to wait months until you can read the rest! But I'll try to be patient. I'll just have to reread the Lynsay Sands books that I already own over and over while I wait. *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby Stauri on July 24th, 2008, 9:10 am

*Clapping* Very well done Dave!!!

Lynsay, I was all excited about the new Enforcer book, now I'm just as excited about the new Historical. I love all of them so far, but to date my favorite has got to be The Chase. Love the crossovers in which you have Scottish falling in love with English, such strong characters with proud heritage ideals.

Can't wait!!! Like Kim heading to read the excerpt now!

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby wren on July 25th, 2008, 1:34 am

Mr Spice wrote:"When shall we three meet again,
In thunder, lightning or in rain."

"When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won"

"In the winter, deep in snow,
Or maybe Sands' next Argeneau"

Shakespeare's Macbeth - Act 1 Scene 1.

Lynsay wrote:Now see, he's obviously misquoting Shakespeare here, but I can't figure if he's calling the three sisters witches, or he's calling me old cause I'd have had to be around for five hundred years or more to be in a Shakespeare play.

Lynsay, eyeing Mr. Spice with squinted eyes

I think he is just pointing out in a poetic way that we still get the three sisters...just that we get them in the next Argeneau instead. ( I'm defending you Dave! :) Send me a cheesecake! Oh, and I don't like chocolate cheesecake, either!)

Well, at least I know my memory isn't going Lynsay, and the new trilogy sounds fabulous! Also, smart thinking not to bring the new plot to your editor until you had it all going on again! You know the books never work out when you try to change the way they "talk" to you! :lol: Oh, and you know you're not "old" as your bio on your website says you were only born in 1142. I'm guessing that is A.D. Lucian is much older than that!! Why, you are just a baby vamp by immortal standards! :twisted: Hmmm...I better stop before I get into trouble! heeheehee

Eagerly awaiting new historicals, new Argeneaus, anything new Lynsay writes...
wren

Postby love2read on July 28th, 2008, 4:35 am

Hello everyone,
my name is love2read (pause)
and i am a lynsay sands addict.
i am very happy that there will be a new book out to fuel my addiction. lol
I cannot wait for the new book!
love2read

Postby jill on August 3rd, 2008, 9:21 am

Me neither. It really is going to be a delicious read. Not that her other historicals weren't. In case you are reading this Lynsay I love your historicals. ALLLLLLLLLLL OF THEM!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Jodi on August 12th, 2008, 10:32 am

I can't wait for a new historical. I am still trying to find some of the older ones that I haven't read yet. I love, love, love your historicals Lynsay....who am I kidding I love all of your books :mrgreen:
Jodi

Postby Goodhoney on August 19th, 2008, 9:26 pm

“Bitch,” Mildrede hissed furiously from behind her.

Cow!” Mildrede snapped as soon as the keep doors closed behind them

“Vile, ugly, cruel creature,” Mildrede continued. “She has a heart of stone and a face to match. The devil must have been laughing the day the king forced your father to marry that she-devil.”

I just got through reading the new excerpt for the new historical book coming in Jan these were one of the funniest parts in my opinion and i couldnt stop laughing. Looks like another homerun for Ms Sands.

I LOVE ALL YOUR BOOKS LYNSAY!
Goodhoney

Postby Nicola on November 5th, 2008, 12:59 pm

GUYS could u help me out please could some 1 please send me a full list of Lynsays historicals so i can go out and try to find them i have the Argeneau books all 10 them but im wondering if some good soul would post me a email or something and give me the rest of them i would be greatfull .... :)
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby sin on November 5th, 2008, 1:29 pm

From Lynsay's website;

Historcial Books

The Deed
April 1997

The Key
February 1999

The Switch
August 1999
February 2007 (reissue)

Sweet Revenge
February 2000

Always
July 2000

Lady Pirate
January 2001

Bliss
September 2001

A Reluctant Reformer
February 2002

What She Wants
September 2002

The Chase
November 2004

The Perfect Wife
September 2005

Love Is Blind
August 2006

The Brat
May 2007

Devil of the Highlands
January 2009

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on November 6th, 2008, 5:44 am

Be prepared Nicola...even if you've never been a big historical fan, you are going to laugh your tootsies off (this is a PG forum) when reading Lynsay's hysterical historicals! They are in a permanent place beside my Argeneau Series and any other Lynsay Sands books that I own on the first shelf of my keepers bookcase! :D
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the books