Devil of the Highlands

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Devil of the Highlands

Postby love2read on August 26th, 2008, 4:00 am

Ok Lynsay's newest historical is going to be the Devil of the Highlands.

Man i cannot wait for this book to come out! I love all of her historicals that i have read so far and i just know that this one is going to be great! The release date is january 27, 2007 so i know where i will be that day, lol, at the bookstore. :D

I hope that Lynsay will keep going with historicals because she is really, really, good at them!!!!!!

(L2R patiently waiting for January so that she can get DotH) :P
love2read

Re: Devil of the Highlands

Postby Mr Spice on August 26th, 2008, 10:37 am

There are already another two historicals in the pipeline to follow DotH. The first is a companion piece to DotH and will probably be published in late 2009. The other is a book that Lynsay is a couple of thousand words shy of completing. She'll have a finished manuscript in a week or so although I don't think it will see the light of day as a book until sometime in 2010.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby love2read on August 26th, 2008, 11:14 am

Thanks for the info Mr. Spice, it is greatly appreciated. :)
love2read

Postby wren on September 5th, 2008, 8:45 am

I don't think Lynsay will ever give up her hysterical historicals, not as long as her readers still want them and she doesn't get tired of writing them. It seems it would get tiring to write just the same type of romance book all of the time. Besides, Lynsay has a whole following of just historical readers...they may be quieter on the forum than the paranormal readers, but they are here!! :)

We will probably hear some comments when the new historicals are released. It has been awhile since the last came out, as Avon has focused on the paranormal series until now! Some of her historical readers have even tried her paranormals, and actually enjoy her Argeneau series, but paranormals are not their favourite type of romance. As for me, I like everything Lynsay writes...even anthologies, which are what I usually pick up last from most authors! :lol:
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 5th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Nope, not giving up historicals. Have been fighting for years now to get them to publish two a year as they used to and it's a battle. Dorchester kept wanting the vamps rather than historicals and then once I moved the vamps away from them to clear the way for historicals, would still only pub the historicals one a year. So I moved them to Avon who promised two a year, and they're giving me hassles too. We're working on it. My agent and I are scheming. WE WILL SUCCEED. I just hope I don't drop dead from a shock induced heart attack when it happens. Sheesh

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 6th, 2008, 1:04 am

Lynsay, dear, please tell your fabulous agent that when scheming is necessary, the SASSy ARGENEAUTS are at YOUR BECK AND CALL!! The whole reason we made our name inclusive (SASS = Sands and Spice Society, the part that includes all of your work and readers, whether it is historicals, paranormals, anthologies, the halfbooks, or anything else you decide to write...not just those who love the Argeneau series) was because so many love the Hysterical Historicals!! Many of us who absolutely love the Argeneaus are missing the historicals, too! We are standing by at your command...Image
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 6th, 2008, 11:28 am

You guys are sweet.

Part of the problem is probably me. I like to switch between medieval and regency and vamp. The variety helps keep it fresh for me and keeps my funny bone exercised and in good shape. Being forced to write from one genre, book after book wears down the funny bone on me. Anyway, they seem to think that's bad, that you have to stick to one or the other. For Instance, Avon wanted three medieval in a row, no regencies. Even my agent said that is better because readers tend to prefer one or the other, regency or medieval. So, were kind of thinking maybe I should do medievals for Avon, they can pub one a year, and then I do regencies for someone else who can pub one a year. That makes two historicals and two vamps. And then I can play with my spy spoofs if I like when I have time. So, there you have it, that's part of the scheming, or one of the ideas. We have others, but I like that one fine, then I don't get forced into doing one or the other when it comes to historicals.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 6th, 2008, 11:56 am

Sounds good to me, Lynsay! Sadly, AVON is the one making the mistake!

I love regencies as it's my favourite era, but want a medieval in between to keep things interesting. I like books that are connected through families and friends, but part of the fun is the anticipation of waiting on the next one and discussing the various theories with friends. I read many paranormals, but as the genre has become so hot and flooded the bookstore shelves, I got very picky! I don't want them to go away...I love your paranormals, and have a few other authors that I read...but I dropped most of the others. I like your halfbooks with Hannah Howell because they have a touch of both the medieval and the paranormal! Historicals are my first love...especially the regencies and medievals. It may seem silly, but I like the English and Scottish romances instead of the American romances best! Other than those Canadian immortals, of course! :lol: If you read the recent "What we're reading..." on the General Discussion, you will find that I actually started out with one of your Christmas anthologies of the regency period because of Lisa Kleypas...long before I had discovered you or the Argeneaus! I don't read very many contemporaries unless they have some kind of fantasy element to them, are mysteries, or unless they are inspirationals. How's that for being contradictory? heehee

I can see where writing only one type of book would get very boring and stifle creativity! You have to have time for the "characters" of each series to come out and talk to you and play for awhile...while you are waiting on them to open up, you can be typing up someone else's story and making all of your readers happy! You do what you need to do...trust me, your readers will follow you...and the SA's as a group will make sure the historical readers get the word that you haven't abandoned them!
wren

Postby lisa on October 3rd, 2008, 7:41 pm

Great Book cover on Devil of the Highlands . It was a great surprise to see it along with new family trees. :D
lisa

Postby wren on October 4th, 2008, 10:37 am

Ooooh, Lynsay, what a fantastic cover!!!! What can I say but...YUMMY! Image
Eagerly awaiting this book, my dear! :D
wren

Next

Return to Discuss the books