Devil of the Highlands

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Devil of the Highlands

Postby wren on April 6th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Thanks Lynsay for the additional information. :) I had seen some bits of info that stated Hamburgers, like many other foods, may have come about when 'hamburg steak' was placed on buns at a world's fair around those dates you mentioned. However, there were so many different claims as to which fair & who had originally put it on the buns & sold it, with none that can be verified accurately. One site did say the meat was often served on bread with onions in what we know even today as a "patty melt"...I can see how that could have led to buns when someone ran out of regular bread slices! :lol: For some reason, I'm hungry! No wonder...we are talking about food origins, and it's time for lunch! ;)
wren

Postby Lynsay on April 6th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Do you know I once read that sandwiches were started by John Montagu the Earl of Sandwich? LOL. The man is immortalized for all time thanks to asking a waiter at his club to slap some meat between two slices of bread so that he could continue gambling without getting his fingers, and therefore the cards, greasy from eating the meat by itself. Guess necessity really is the mother of invention.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on May 9th, 2010, 11:39 am

I really enjoyed this book. When I read it the first time, I had no clue that it was Fergus who was the killer, but on my re-read I picked up your subtle clues. Very sneaky! I felt terrible for Aunt Biddy! That poor woman had more than her share of troubles. I hope she can get past all that heartache now! I really like her son, Tavin, too. I know he's been misguided, but I really don't think he meant any harm. I hope that now he realizes what can happen, that he can change for the better. I'd love to see his story! (HINT!). Another story I'd love to see is Tralin's! He's such a good friend of Cullen's and he seems to have a wonderful personality. (HINT HINT!) As for the lovebirds in this story -- Evelinde and Cullen -- What can I say? I love that big lug! I'm glad he's starting to talk to her. I'd get pretty tired of being called daft if I were her!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby jacks28 on December 22nd, 2010, 6:03 am

HI All. I know this has probably been answered somewhere but there are alot of posts here. Is there a book about Tavis? I just finished Devil of the Highlands and LOVED it! And would love to read more about Tavis. If some one could let me know that would be great.
jacks28

Postby susan60625 on December 22nd, 2010, 3:47 pm

Jacks28,

Unfortunately, there is not a book YET about either Tavin. We ALL want to see his book. We have to wait until he "talks" to Lynsay and she gets a chance to write it down. According to her latest publishing schedule, she is scheduled to write another historical and it should be published in October, 2012. She is thinking that this historical may be from the Highlander series, but she is not sure. She has other older historicals that have characters waiting for books, as well. We are all waiting on pins and needles to see who actually "talks" to Lynsay when she sits down to actually write this historical book. Whoever's tale we get, will be welcomed!

Next year, Lynsay has 4 books and an anthology scheduled to be released. Among them are two books in a new historical series and two Argeneau vampire books. The anthology will also be for the Argeneau series. These books are: The Countess (1/25/11), The Heiress (2/22/11), The Reluctant Vampire (6/28/11) and the as-yet-unnamed Argeneau book (12/27/11). The antho is scheduled to be released on 10/25/11.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I do have a suggestion for you. Lynsay has written many other books, both historical and with her Argeneau vampire series. They are all wonderful reads and, since you liked Devil of the Highlands, I'm sure you will like the rest of her books. She usually has a few books out each year and they tide us over until we get the stories we are all waiting for! I hope this helps!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Previous

Return to Discuss the books