"Rolfe Kenwick" from "The Deed"

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

"Rolfe Kenwick" from "The Deed"

Postby maliksmama on December 23rd, 2008, 6:21 pm

Does anyone know if Lynsay Sands is going to tell his story? Or if she has, what's the title of the book?
maliksmama

Re: "Rolfe Kenwick" from "The Deed"

Postby Denise on December 23rd, 2008, 11:30 pm

Is he the same Lord Rolfe that appears in The Key, too?
Denise

Postby wren on December 24th, 2008, 12:30 am

Denise wrote:Is he the same Lord Rolfe that appears in The Key, too?

maliksmama wrote:Does anyone know if Lynsay Sands is going to tell his story? Or if she has, what's the title of the book?

Yes, and Rolfe is also in The Chase. However, I don't think he has ever had his own story. {shrug} He may be in "historical oblivion" like some of the other characters still under contract at Dorchester, Lynsay's previous publisher. If so, like some others we would like to read about, we will have to wait and see if Lynsay writes for Dorchester in the future. Through her agent and a lot of hard work, Dorchester released Lynsay's rights to the Argeneau series characters so she could continue it when she moved to Avon/Harper Collins, but her historicals written for Dorchester remain with that publishing house. Dorchester also still has the rights to & continues to publish Love Bites, Single White Vampire, and Tall, Dark, & Hungry, but they are currently reissuing the books in new covers to match the new books in the series. I'm looking forward to the new Devil Of The Highlands which comes out at the end of January '09, because it is Lynsay's first historical since moving to Avon, and it is the first book in a trilogy! :) Up until now, Avon has focused on the paranormals, which I love, but I also love the historicals!! Welcome, maliksmama! Image We hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do!!
wren

Postby Mr Spice on December 24th, 2008, 12:29 pm

wren wrote:...Dorchester ...

Sssssssssss! :twisted:
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on December 24th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
wren wrote:...Dorchester ...

Sssssssssss! :twisted:

I totally agree, Mr. Spice. But, since maliksmama was new here, I had to explain the facts as best as I could...but now I will hiss with you...Sssssssssss! :twisted: I don't like that they who shall not be named hold our other books and characters hostage...personally, I think the rights to any character or book series should always remain with the author!!
wren

Postby Denise on December 25th, 2008, 2:31 am

wren wrote:personally, I think the rights to any character or book series should always remain with the author!!
Ditto! And how it ever got to be standard procedure that a publishing house owns the rights to an author's characters is a mystery. That just isn't right. :x :x
Denise

Postby Mr Spice on December 27th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Even that isn't as bad as some of the contracts that are now being offered by e-publishers.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on December 27th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Mr Spice wrote:Even that isn't as bad as some of the contracts that are now being offered by e-publishers.

I haven't purchased anything from an e-publisher. And I don't want to if their contracts are even worse on the authors than the regular publishers...even the publishers I consider to be good, like Avon. :)
wren

Postby maliksmama on December 29th, 2008, 1:27 pm

wren wrote:
Denise wrote:Is he the same Lord Rolfe that appears in The Key, too?

maliksmama wrote:Does anyone know if Lynsay Sands is going to tell his story? Or if she has, what's the title of the book?

Yes, and Rolfe is also in The Chase. However, I don't think he has ever had his own story. {shrug} He may be in "historical oblivion" like some of the other characters still under contract at Dorchester, Lynsay's previous publisher. If so, like some others we would like to read about, we will have to wait and see if Lynsay writes for Dorchester in the future. Through her agent and a lot of hard work, Dorchester released Lynsay's rights to the Argeneau series characters so she could continue it when she moved to Avon/Harper Collins, but her historicals written for Dorchester remain with that publishing house. Dorchester also still has the rights to & continues to publish Love Bites, Single White Vampire, and Tall, Dark, & Hungry, but they are currently reissuing the books in new covers to match the new books in the series. I'm looking forward to the new Devil Of The Highlands which comes out at the end of January '09, because it is Lynsay's first historical since moving to Avon, and it is the first book in a trilogy! :) Up until now, Avon has focused on the paranormals, which I love, but I also love the historicals!! Welcome, maliksmama! Image We hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do!!

Thanks. I had no idea that publishing houses owned the rights to characters. Hopefully, she'll be able to tell his story very soon.
maliksmama

Postby Denise on December 29th, 2008, 11:47 pm

I just finished The Chase and its obvious that Lord Rolfe and Helen were headed off to their own adventure. I'd so love to read their stories. What would happen if she wrote their story but changed the names of all the characters? Go ahead, be sneaky! It's really a bummer that we can't hear his story, especially since he was such a great character.
Denise

Next

Return to Discuss the books