The Hysterical Historicals - Romance With Laughter!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

The Hysterical Historicals - Romance With Laughter!

Postby wren on May 22nd, 2009, 9:10 pm

*Moved from the Argeneau section - The Immortal Hunter Spoilers Thread

MsKitty wrote:So they're more 'hysterical' romances than 'historical'....

Yeaaahh - probably heard that one before huh!! I'm a little reluctant to read anything that doesn't invole fangs but since you said they're funny... I will give it a go!

MsKitty, I didn't want to mislead you...and this actually belonged in the Historicals section so I've moved it here...the historical romances are in very accurate historical settings...but they have some hysterically funny parts & some wonderful romance with a bit of mystery thrown in because Lynsay just can't help but be funny & give a surprise twist in her books! A few examples from different historicals...A bride who locks a chasity belt on herself until her highland groom takes a bath...but he only bathes once each year, an extremely superstitious bride, a sick farting horse in a castle keep, a couple ordered by the king to marry who are having a silent war with some disgustingly funny actions toward each other to try to get out of it, and so on...no fangs, but plenty of funnies & finding true love just like in Lynsay's paranormal books! However, these are historical instead of contemporary settings, and so far no extra teeth are involved!! :lol:

Also, Mr. Spice reminded us on the Devil Of The Highlands thread that there is an exerpt of each of Lynsay's books on the website...so you can try a taste of any of them to see if there might be one that interests you! Since you like fangs...be sure to try out the paranormal half-books that Lynsay wrote with Hannah Howell...about a clan that is "just a little different." They each wrote half of each book about related characters. You may enjoy those! :)
wren

Re: The Hysterical Historicals - Romance With Laughter!

Postby MsKitty on May 23rd, 2009, 6:22 pm

Thanks Wren!

I really enjoyed 'My Immortal Highlander' (men in kilts..... pwhoar!) & did have a good giggle while reading it! I am going to get hold of the other books aswell - I am going to need a bigger bookcase before too long!

I'm waiting for a copy of 'Always' to arrive.... But which book has the bride with the chastity belt & the stinky husband?? Too funny!

Thanks Again, Kat xx
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on May 23rd, 2009, 11:50 pm

MsKitty wrote:Thanks Wren!

I really enjoyed 'My Immortal Highlander' (men in kilts..... pwhoar!) & did have a good giggle while reading it! I am going to get hold of the other books aswell - I am going to need a bigger bookcase before too long!

I'm waiting for a copy of 'Always' to arrive.... But which book has the bride with the chastity belt & the stinky husband?? Too funny!

Thanks Again, Kat xx

Always is one of my favourites! My Momma happened to call right when I was reading the scene with the horse and the husband, and I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe or talk. After you read it, please give us your thoughts. I think we have a thread for the book already so we can discuss it. I was laughing so much that my momma & my sister have read the book now, too! :lol:

The book with the bride's chastity belt & stinky husband is called The Key. It has some overlapping characters with two other books. If you want to read them in order, read The Deed, The Key, and The Chase. They are all too funny, and each books stands alone if you can't get them in order. I had access to The Chase first, and it didn't mess up anything to read them out of order. If you like the historicals, then try Bliss (the couple ordered to marry who are having a "silent war") and The Brat (with one of the most superstitious brides you will ever meet. <grin>) I've read almost all of the historicals, and they have all been great!

If you haven't read Devil Of The Highlands, it is Lynsay's first historical of a trilogy since she moved to Avon/Harper Collins publishing. The next one comes out at the beginning of next year, so you have time to read it. All three books are finished, but it seems the publisher is spacing out releasing them between the paranormal books...ahhh...marketing techniques! :)

Yes...I also need a much larger bookcase...ALL of Lynsay's books stay on my keeper shelf and I do not lend them to anyone, because they don't seem to find their way back home! *giggle* So, like Denise, I'll take anyone who wants to read my Lynsay books to the library or the bookstore and help them find her books, or they'll get a surprise gift to help them get started! ;)
wren

Postby MsKitty on May 24th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Oh! I have read 'The Chase'! I did have a good laugh at the thought of the two women walking out of the water starkers with thier swords to fight those men.. hilarious! I will look into the others you mentioned aswell - they sound good & Husband will be relieved that I'm reading about something toher than Vampires (LOL)!!

I will look for the 'Always' thread - I'm really looking forward to reading it - Come on Postie!!

Chat soon, Kat xx
MsKitty

Postby MsKitty on May 27th, 2009, 12:33 am

Wren!

I just received my copy of 'Always' & have a few more 'Hystericals' coming in the mail!

I just read (cause I couldn't help it!!) 'Instructions for the Marriage Bed' & laughed - will definately start reading it tonight!!
MsKitty

Postby wren on May 27th, 2009, 10:02 am

Have fun, Kitty-Kat! You are going to laugh so much that I'll hear you in Mississippi! ;)

wren :D
wren

Postby MsKitty on May 28th, 2009, 11:06 pm

OMG! I'm sure you heard me laughing last night!! 'That does not look like a male chicken' ?! Too funny!
MsKitty

Return to Discuss the books