An English Bride In Scotland

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

An English Bride In Scotland

Postby terri on February 27th, 2013, 12:43 pm

The excerpt is up for An English Bride in Scotland.

Looks good!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: An English Bride In Scotland

Postby terri on June 13th, 2013, 10:25 am

I really enjoyed this book! I hope whoever wins the copy will post a review for us. <G>

I liked Annabel. Her resilience and tenacity were a necessity for her to succeed in such a different life. (Besides she would have been a very unhappy nun). And she's such a contrast to her sibling (thank-god!). Loved her faith in people however as you'll see when (or if) you read it that she could be blind about those closest to her.

Lynsay's favorite scene (and I admit it's mine as well) is when Ross wakes up one morning to find another has joined them in their bed. LOL

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on June 13th, 2013, 2:12 pm

sounds great. Can not wait to read it

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on June 13th, 2013, 4:47 pm

The book is on pre-order already, but I'm hoping for the autographed copy. Can't blame a girl for reaching for the stars, can you? LOL! ;) :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on June 28th, 2013, 7:51 am

Well, I finished this book yesterday! What a great book, Lynsay! Of course, I wouldn't expect it to be anything less!

I loved MOST of the characters. That is all except for ALL of Annabel's family! God, what a HORRIBLE bunch of people. I think the most loving thing those people ever did was to abandon Annabel at the abbey! Her parents were the most selfish, self-absorbed people! And, they managed to raise a spoiled brat of a daughter. I've got to admit that I wanted Kate to be more like Annabel, so I actually let myself feel sorry for her when she appeared on Annabel's doorstep, knowing how terrible her parents were and assumed (yes, I know that's where my mistake was!) that she could be saved once exposed to the love that was Annabel. So, I never expected the final twist!

I loved Ross! I loved the way his family and his people accepted Annabel and banded together behind her! I can soooo visualize that castle full of bairns running around and being filled with love and laughter!

Thank you, Lynsay!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on July 4th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I loved the book. Had me laughing in certain places. And like Sue wanted to "slap" Annabel's family. Do hope there will be more stories around this family.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Return to Discuss the books