The Hellion and the Highlander --spoilers alert!!!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: The Hellion and the Highlander --spoilers alert!!!

Postby sherr on April 23rd, 2010, 4:33 am

Not to give anything away Denise but it truly gets better and better ;)
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Denise on April 23rd, 2010, 5:35 pm

I'm halfway through and lovin' it.
Denise

Postby sherr on April 23rd, 2010, 5:42 pm

Knew you would!!! ;)
sherr

Postby Denise on April 26th, 2010, 1:09 am

Now that I've finished the book I'm playing catch up on the spoiler posts. I agree with Lisa. I've met so many that I want to hear from. Glad that you want to continue with these characters, Lynsay. I love Gawain and look forward to him "speaking". And of course Ian will return to his lassie to find things in an uproar of some sort and Will needs to find his love!

Mabel48 wrote:Last weekend while reading the end of Hellion & Highlander I went back to 'The Deed' to refresh my memory about a few things. I'm now about 2/3 of the way thru The Deed again refreshing.my memory on a few things. No wonder I never get anything done. I almost have to make an appointment with myself to clean house.

Oh, Mabel, I SOOOOO do that. I'll be sitting in my closet (that's where my book stacks are) pulling out a book for a quick peek and two hours later I'm still sitting in my closet reading the book and finally give up and take it with me to my fav. reading spot to finish.
Denise

Postby wren on April 26th, 2010, 3:00 am

Denise wrote:Now that I've finished the book I'm playing catch up on the spoiler posts. I agree with Lisa. I've met so many that I want to hear from. Glad that you want to continue with these characters, Lynsay. I love Gawain and look forward to him "speaking". And of course Ian will return to his lassie to find things in an uproar of some sort and Will needs to find his love!

Mabel48 wrote:Last weekend while reading the end of Hellion & Highlander I went back to 'The Deed' to refresh my memory about a few things. I'm now about 2/3 of the way thru The Deed again refreshing.my memory on a few things. No wonder I never get anything done. I almost have to make an appointment with myself to clean house.

Oh, Mabel, I SOOOOO do that. I'll be sitting in my closet (that's where my book stacks are) pulling out a book for a quick peek and two hours later I'm still sitting in my closet reading the book and finally give up and take it with me to my fav. reading spot to finish.

That's why Jewelz & I are begging Lynsay to consider making these books into an entire series...chime in, lisa, Denise, and Mabel48! :D

Mabel48, some days I'm terrible at keeping my appointments...that must be why my house remains somewhere under all this clutter. When it comes to reading my books or cleaning the house, the battle always goes to the books! lol Like Denise, I do know where my books are kept...and I find I do the same thing when I pick one up...even if I just meant to move it for a moment. For some reason, it always falls open, and I find myself "refreshing" until I've reread the whole book! :oops: :)
wren

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 5:17 pm

I totally agree that we have had our curiosity stirred! We desparetely need to know their stories, as all seem of be worthy of their own happy endings! However, *deep sigh* I must try to remember that Lynsay is but one woman, and she is not a book writing machine! ( Did that sound a like a lecture-well it is- to myself!) I try to contain my enthusasium when I post about one of her books, but I worry about sounding whiney and desparate when I mention followup stories! And I certainly dont want to take time away from her beloved Immortals! ( I would fear finding myself staked/shaked and baked! ) Lynsay, sweet sweet Lynsay, when you have the time and the lovely characters in your previous books speak to you, please write it down and share your lovely world with us once again. ( How did I do? I was trying to sound eager for " tales of old" , but not whiney. There has got to be a happy medium!)
Last edited by lisa on April 26th, 2010, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa

Postby sherr on April 26th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Bravo Lisa!! You didn't sound whinny at all....much.....o.k....but only a little :?
sherr

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Thank you Sherr. I was really trying not to whine annoyingly. Maybe it will work. I was serious though, I am afraid of being shake/staked and baked if she took too long a break between her beloved immortals! I'm pretty sure that you would be leading the mob with the pitchforks!
lisa

Postby susan60625 on May 9th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Okay! This book had my favorite of all the characters in this trilogy! I love, love, love LADDIE! I was nervous about him at first. Especially after being burned by Godfrey in the previous book. But my favorite scene is when Averill takes him, Will and the soldiers out to look for the weed and to cut the rushes and she needs to relieve herself. I nearly split my sides laughing at Laddie telling Will over and over again that she wasn't talking. What a little bulldog! I missed Merry in this story. I realize it would have been very difficult for her and Alex to travel with her so close to having the baby, but I was hoping for a reunion between her and Cade! Well, that's just another reason for more books! (HINT!). I also want to meet Will's betrothed that he was talking about picking up on his way back to Mortagne. (HINT HINT!) And, who is this sweet English lass that tended to Ian? (HINT HINT HINT!)

Lynsay, you really left far too many characters with open story possibilities. It really isn't fair to leave them hanging. Let's hope they start talking to you soon!!!!!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sherr on May 9th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Sue with all these people supposely trying to talk to Lynsay she better be careful or she will be diagnosis with schizophrenia. One at a time people; one at a time.
sherr

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the books