Ready to take the plunge!!!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Ready to take the plunge!!!

Postby susan60625 on April 20th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Okay Ladies! HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP! :o :shock:

I'm ready to take the plunge into Lynsay's hysterical historicals, but I need some advice as to which ones are your favorites and where I should begin. I finally have the opportunity to place an order, so I just need to know where to start. I'd appreciate any help y'all can give me! :)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: Ready to take the plunge!!!

Postby Lynsay on April 20th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Hmmmm, does my opinion count? LOL. I actually do have favorites. Although, I would never tell the characters that, lol. For medievals I really enjoyed writing The Key, Always, Bliss, The Perfect Wife . . . oh, sigh, I have others but its hard to narrow it down. For Regencies it was Lady Pirate, The Switch, Love is Blind.

Hmm, maybe you should read the sample chapters on the website and see which ones you think sound good.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jodi on April 20th, 2010, 8:43 pm

The Switch was the first book I ever read by Lynsay and is still my favorite, although I haven't read all of her historicals yet...I am still working on it :) I also really enjoyed The Chase and Always. Hope that helps :D
Jodi

Postby wren on April 21st, 2010, 2:20 am

My top faves overall of the Dorchester historicals that I've read are Always, Bliss, and The Brat. I also like Love Is Blind and The Perfect Wife, and I enjoyed A Reluctant Reformer which has a character waiting in historical oblivion for Lynsay to write his story for me. I'll remind you who in my next email, Lynsay! ;)

All of the books mentioned stand alone, but I recommend reading The Deed, The Key, and The Chase in that order, as some of the characters are connected and all three are excellent books. If you have read and enjoyed the recent Avon/Harper Collins Scottish trilogy, then you will really like those three. If you haven't read the new Scottish trilogy yet, run to order it now! :D

I haven't yet read Lady Pirate, but I have it here on top of the tbr pile, and I need to order Sweet Revenge and What She Wants because I never find either of those in the bookstore. I need to do a reread of The Switch, as I read it quickly between other books being released. Of the Argeneau Series, TAV, VAF, and VI were released back-to-back over three months in a promotion of the series...so it may have been during that time that I squeezed in The Switch...alas, we were so spoiled when Avon did that.
wren

Postby MsKitty on April 21st, 2010, 4:52 am

Susan60625..... The answer is EASY!! ALL of them!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby susan60625 on April 21st, 2010, 10:44 am

LOL MsKitty! I, eventually, want to read all of the historicals! I was just looking for opinions on what order to pick them up!

I'm probably going to put together an order on Friday, so I'll see what is available. I usually have pretty good luck finding good condition used books on Amazon at a reasonable price. I'll have to check it out for most of the older books. I just put together an order for the three Jocelynn Drake books for under twenty bucks with shipping!

I'm looking forward to getting the books and being able to comment on them here!
susan60625

Postby Denise on April 21st, 2010, 10:58 pm

The Perfect Wife and Love Is Blind were fav's of mine. Also, The Switch and Bliss. It's hard to pick, though, because I loved them all so much.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on April 23rd, 2010, 3:10 pm

Okay, I'm going to have so many books to read!!! Heaven!!!! I ordered 9 of Lynsay's books - Devil of the Highlands, Taming of the Highland Bride, The Hellion and the Highlander, Always, Bliss, The Brat, The Deed, The Key and The Chase.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I'll get to the rest at a later date.
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 25th, 2010, 11:08 pm

I Bought The Brat just before we moved last year, and it accidently got mixed in with the books to be put in storage, and I Haven't found it yet, so I haven't had a Chance to read it yet.
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 1:50 pm

hangs head in shame..am sorry to say I have yet to read any of the other works.. :oops:

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Next

Return to Discuss the books