Ready to take the plunge!!!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Ready to take the plunge!!!

Postby Kath on April 26th, 2010, 9:22 pm

So far of the historicals, I've read The Deed, The Key, The Chase and of course The Devil of the Highlands. I bought the other 2 from that newer trilogy but just haven't gotten to them yet. However, the more I hear about some of the other older historicals, I want to read them as well.

Can anyone tell me which ones are which so far as "medieval" vs "regency"?
Kath

Postby Denise on May 20th, 2010, 2:34 am

Regencies:
Love Is Blind
The Reluctant Reformer
Lady Pirate (slightly pre-Regency)
The Switch
Wish List anthology

I think that's all. The rest are Medieval.
Denise

Postby Kath on June 5th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Denise wrote:Regencies:
Love Is Blind
The Reluctant Reformer
Lady Pirate (slightly pre-Regency)
The Switch
Wish List anthology

I think that's all. The rest are Medieval.

Thanks, Denise. That'll help me decide what order to get them in. :lol:
Kath

Postby Jewelz on November 11th, 2010, 12:24 am

I'm going to try this again. I just lost my last post. Had even pulled a wren, and now its gone. :( I'm about ready to take the plunge! Been trying to find Lynsay's Historicals for awhile in the book stores. Not had much luck, except for the recent Highland series. Which doesn't help me because I already have them. Ive looked online, but most of the used books online are high priced, and then you have to add the shipping fee. :|

So today I went to a couple of used book stores. The first store "Bargin Books", didn't have anything I was looking for. So then I went to "Rainbow books" and scored BIG!!! Go figure... Whats at the end of the rainbow??? It really felt like I had won the lottery. :lol: Here's what I found: "The Switch, The Deed, The Brat, The Perfect Wife, Love Is Blind, What She Wants, and three of Christine Feehan's that I don't have either. :D I'm Still missing "The Key". I can't start "The Deed or The Chase", unless I have "The Key". It will drive me nuts to know that somewhere in the world is a copy of "The Key", when I've read the other two books.

Is kinda sad to see people sale their books, but I sure did benefit from it. :D I guess I'm not one to sale my favorite authors books. It would be sad if the day of the book goes away. Of course e-book devices are nice because they hold hundreds of books. They are also great to travel with too. How would you ever get your book signed by an author? I love the feel of laying on my bed with a book in hand. ;) I'm almost finished with Christine's Leopard Series, and then I'd like to move on to some Historicals. :D Happy Reading All!!!

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on November 11th, 2010, 12:58 am

Jewelz, Congrats!

I've been enjoying the historicals for a while now. I started with The Deed, The Key and The Chase. I really do recommend that you wait until you can read all three. IMO The Key is my favorite of the three, but they are all great! After those, I moved on to Always, Bliss and The Brat. Again, all great. Then, I got a signed copy of What She Wants with the Love Bites bag from Lynsay. I recently got Lady Pirate, The Reluctant Reformer, The Switch, Love is Blind and The Perfect Wife. I haven't read them yet. I'm working my way through a whole bunch of Heather Graham books, then I've got her vampire series that she wrote under the name of Shannon Drake. Hopefully, by then I'll have HFY! Otherwise, then I'll start my other historicals. Now, the only one I'm missing is Sweet Revenge. Oh, and the contemporary, The Loving Daylights, and most of the anthologies. Ah, but those will have to wait until I have extra money again!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby cgsdesigns on November 11th, 2010, 2:48 am

I wish they would make more of these available in audio! *hint hint* I'd buy them! I prefer my audio books over ebooks and regular books. I have a real tendancy to get lost when I read a book and don't do anything until I'm done reading them.

And with all of the time I spend driving and in the pool, I find I can't read either ebooks or real books there. I actually designed my own "head gear" to carry my ipod into the pool with me so it stays dry. :D It was the only way I could get my books into the pool and I just couldn't see wasting that hour letting my brain run off into its own directions which usually it will focus on the pain and how slow the clock moves. With my books in the pool, I get to actually enjoy therapy time. I've actually even gotten a few of the "old ladies" at the pool to start listening to books. They love them since they find it hard to find "large print" books and most aren't real comfortable with "newfangled" technology.

But I also buy the actual books of authors I really love. I have them displayed with the rest of my collectable stuff.

I am kinda hoping to get a kindle for Christmas for myself and maybe I'll get more into the actual reading that way. I don't like reading on my laptop, it's just not right.... it feels too much like "homework" or "research", both of which I have done way too much of in my life.

But, hint hint..... we need more of Lynsay's book in audio form. Yup.
cgsdesigns

Postby Lynsay on November 11th, 2010, 10:20 am

A friend of mine just found one of almost every one of my books at a used bookstore here in town. The woman told her that the lady had died and the husband had brought all her books in. Mine were one set.

As for audio books, sweetie, you're hinting to the wrong person. You need to write Avon. They have control of all that stuff.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sherr on November 11th, 2010, 7:15 pm

There is an used bookstore in London....WHERE???
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby cgsdesigns on November 11th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Lynsay wrote:A friend of mine just found one of almost every one of my books at a used bookstore here in town. The woman told her that the lady had died and the husband had brought all her books in. Mine were one set.

As for audio books, sweetie, you're hinting to the wrong person. You need to write Avon. They have control of all that stuff.

Lynsay

Any suggestions as to who I should write to there? :D I love nothing more than a good email campaign! :D Especially for something I would love to have!
cgsdesigns

Previous

Return to Discuss the books