The Countess ***Spoiler***Warning***

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

The Countess ***Spoiler***Warning***

Postby Jewelz on January 26th, 2011, 1:40 am

Absolutely loved it! I never even thought about George's valet Freddy, having a part with the Blackmailing. I thought it was Woodrow's Carriage driver who blackmailed Richard. My guess was way off. Suspected Haversham having some kind of knowledge about George's death. I thought Grace could of had involvement too. My favorite Grace qoute is "Finally killed him, did you? Its about bloody time." That was hilarious!!! Lord Madison impressed me when he held Richard at gun point, while trying to collect his daughters. It was so thoughtful of Richard to protect the Madison sisters from scandal and ruin. I love Lisa's personallity! She's intelligent but out there. Can't wait for her book. I keep pairing her up with Robert. I can just picture Christiana turning ten shades of red while discussing her marriage consummation with Robert. I can't wait to read "The Heiress". I think its only a month away. I'm glad Suzette stood up to George. She's not the type who takes crap off anyone. Suzette was naughty! Daniel and Suzette really need to get married. Should be another excellent read to look forward to. :D
Last edited by Jewelz on January 29th, 2011, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Re: The Countess

Postby Lynsay on January 26th, 2011, 10:45 am

LOL. Glad you liked it hon.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 26th, 2011, 2:11 pm

I loved it, Lynsay. All three sisters are wonderful, but I really like Suzette! Maybe it's because she is a little bit naughty & maybe it's because I liked Daniel so much! :lol: Lisa absolutely must have Robert...he doesn't have an inkling that he doesn't know all three sisters as well as he thinks he does! <grin>

I suspected that Haversham knew something, but what a surprise twist! Like Jewelz, the valet didn't even occur to me. Keeping him in the background was an amazing way to keep the suspicion away form him...I forgot all about him, even though knowing Richard's valet had been killed gave us a clue! You are a mastermind at those twists & turns. 8-)

Like some of the other historicals, I laughed hysterically in parts...good thing I was by myself at the time, or I would have been getting those "what are you reading now looks" :lol: When Christiana had too many drinks at the ball & couldn't get Dicky's name right & wanted to see his bare bottom...I was laughing as hard as when I read Always & The Brat! Now I can't wait for Suzette's & Lisa's stories ...I'm just sad it's a only a trilogy. You must revisit the regency era more often! See how we want all of your books to become major series! :D

Jewelz, let the speculation & theories begin! ;)
wren

Postby Denise on January 27th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Just got my copy and am reading it tonight so I didn't read the above posts. Should there be a spoiler alert on this?
Denise

Postby Lynsay on January 28th, 2011, 11:33 am

I had fun with the strawberry Jewelz. Well, I always have fun with my characters....kind of always have fun really. I mean, yesterday I wandered into the kitchen to say something to Terri and Leigh and stayed several minutes cause we got talking and laughing, and I thought, gees, I have the best job in the world. I don't remember laughing so much with co-workers at the jobs I had before being able to write full time. Maybe it's just the three of us (Terri and Leigh have the same sense of humour and fun as I do) but, I like to laugh and get to do it daily whether with my characters, my family or my friends. Life's too short to not laugh.

I shall see if I can add spoilers to the heading Denise

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Lynsay on January 28th, 2011, 11:36 am

Dang, can't figure out how to edit the topic title. Grrrr...Must ask Terri on Monday I guess. Sorry guys

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: The Countess <<SPOILERS>>

Postby Denise on January 29th, 2011, 12:11 am

Finished! Loved it! Every character was perfect and I'm anxiously awaiting the rest. It would even be nice to see the father find another wife since he's going to be awfully lonely without his girls.

Yes, I suspected Haversham of killing George from the start but didn't guess about Freddy. I did suspect Grace of playing a part somewhere. Actually thought she and Haversham worked it out together. I loved seeing the beginning of Suzette and Daniel's relationship and look forward to their story. But I'm going to love Lisa and Robert's story, too! I've always enjoyed the "childhood friend growing up to fall in love" stories, I even almost did it myself!

My favorite part for funnies... Daniel's embarrassment when he and Suzette would get found out, and the LOL part for me was when Haversham told the girls about George's fingers sticking out of the top of the carpet. "It was most distracting."

Wonderful book all around, Lynsay! Congrats.
Denise

Re: The Countess ***Spoiler***Warning***

Postby Jewelz on January 29th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I fixed the thread subject Lynsay. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Rawr on February 6th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Hey guys long time no chat. Lynsay I loved the countess. And I'm going mad trying to figure out Lisa's story. Is it Robert or not?? Does she fall for someone else trying to snag Robert?? How would Robert finally notice Lisa as a woman? Who would be the villain? Another of George's scumball friends? See? I've been goin' nuts.
Rawr

Postby wren on February 8th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Rawr wrote:Hey guys long time no chat. Lynsay I loved the countess. And I'm going mad trying to figure out Lisa's story. Is it Robert or not?? Does she fall for someone else trying to snag Robert?? How would Robert finally notice Lisa as a woman? Who would be the villain? Another of George's scumball friends? See? I've been goin' nuts.

I'm with you Rawr! <grin> We get Suzette's story this month, but have to wait until early next year for Lisa's story...and it has to be Robert! I'll be heartbroken if it isn't him, but I don't have the slightest theory on what Lynsay plans on doing to him to make him see the light! :lol: I hope Suzette's story will give us a clue...or two! ;) :D
wren

Next

Return to Discuss the books