Reprints!!!

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Reprints!!!

Postby TomEC on April 26th, 2011, 6:00 pm

It would be nice to have a used bookstore nearby. Actually it would be nice to have any bookstore nearby. Where I live buying books online is a huge step forward from nothing. Those times we drive into Saskatoon (the nearest town of any size) I like to browse bookstores. It's a rear treat.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Jewelz on April 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm

I didn't score much from the used bookstore this time, with regards to Lynsay's historicals. Its really hit and miss. I found a couple Christine Feehan books. Both looked like they hadn't even been cracked. Never been used, so I had to buy them. I also found one of Lynsay's anthologies, Dates From Hell". It was in good shape. The cover had a small crease in the corner. Looks like it may have been read once or twice. My dad was laughing at me because I carry a list of books to watch for. I bought three books, and was able to check off two of these book from my list. Still haven't found "Sweet Revenge". Its nice to hear they plan to reprint it.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on April 26th, 2011, 9:37 pm

TomEC wrote:It would be nice to have a used bookstore nearby. Actually it would be nice to have any bookstore nearby. Where I live buying books online is a huge step forward from nothing. Those times we drive into Saskatoon (the nearest town of any size) I like to browse bookstores. It's a rear treat.

I like to check out bookstores when I'm on vacation. Your right its a real treat! Its really too bad your so limited. I love going to B&N. Sometimes I'll buy a book and start reading it there, in addition I'll grab a blended caramel frappuccino along with a poofy chair. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on April 26th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Jewelz wrote:I didn't score much from the used bookstore this time, with regards to Lynsay's historicals. Its really hit and miss. I found a couple Christine Feehan books. Both looked like they hadn't even been cracked. Never been used, so I had to buy them. I also found one of Lynsay's anthologies, Dates From Hell". It was in good shape. The cover had a small crease in the corner. Looks like it may have been read once or twice. My dad was laughing at me because I carry a list of books to watch for. I bought three books, and was able to check off two of these book from my list. Still haven't found "Sweet Revenge". Its nice to hear they plan to reprint it.

Jewelz, that antho has the first of Lynsay's shapeshifter novella's. I haven't read it yet, but I did read the second one in Holidays are Hell. Also, the Kim Harrison novella refers to her Rachel Morgan series. One of these days, I'll have to get that antho! You should like the shapeshifter story though. Wren and I are hoping that eventually Lynsay will write more in that series.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Jewelz on April 27th, 2011, 4:09 pm

susan60625 wrote:Jewelz, that antho has the first of Lynsay's shapeshifter novella's. I haven't read it yet, but I did read the second one in Holidays are Hell. Also, the Kim Harrison novella refers to her Rachel Morgan series. One of these days, I'll have to get that antho! You should like the shapeshifter story though. Wren and I are hoping that eventually Lynsay will write more in that series.

I had no idea she wrote shapeshifter novella's. I have "Holidays From Hell" on my little list. Thanks for letting me know. :D

Jewelz

Postby Denise on May 6th, 2011, 10:44 pm

ElectricFedora wrote:Yay! <3 I just ordered The new releases. I love the new covers as well, especially The Brat's cover. I like it best. Although I will say I really really love the original three covers for Love Bites, Tall, Dark and Hungry and Single White Vampire. I want more reprints. I have a very hard time finding Lynsay's old books because we don't really have any used bookstores around me. :cry: And B&N is getting some hate. My store didnt order them in! So I have to buy them online. How could they not stock a release by Lynsay! Shame Shame! :evil:

That is a shame on their part. She's a NYT bestseller author and they aren't ordering her books. Something's not right, there.
Denise

Postby wren on May 7th, 2011, 9:53 am

Denise wrote:
ElectricFedora wrote:Yay! <3 I just ordered The new releases. I love the new covers as well, especially The Brat's cover. I like it best. Although I will say I really really love the original three covers for Love Bites, Tall, Dark and Hungry and Single White Vampire. I want more reprints. I have a very hard time finding Lynsay's old books because we don't really have any used bookstores around me. :cry: And B&N is getting some hate. My store didnt order them in! So I have to buy them online. How could they not stock a release by Lynsay! Shame Shame! :evil:

That is a shame on their part. She's a NYT bestseller author and they aren't ordering her books. Something's not right, there.

Have a polite but firm "Reasonable Woman" hissy-fit on them and they'll start getting the books in time for release day! :lol: If my little Bookland (which is owned by Books-A-Million, but is a smaller chain) can do it, then so can the big B&N, Borders, and any other large stores. 8-)
wren

Postby ElectricFedora on May 7th, 2011, 5:07 pm

I shall XD The odd thing is they do stock ALOT of Lynnsay's book, its where I found my original What she Wants All of her Highlander, some of her ARG books, Dates from Hell, and The Countess. They just didn't order in the reprints. :roll:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Lynsay on May 11th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I love the new covers they used. They're "perty" (grin)

Lynsay, who is in house hell
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on May 12th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Lynsay wrote:I love the new covers they used. They're "perty" (grin)

Lynsay, who is in house hell

They're verra, verra perty! :D

Why are you in 'house hell' Lyns? Have I missed something? Surely you're not moving again!! Image That big Christmas tree looked verra perty in your condo, too! 8-)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the books