Always *SPOILERS*

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Always *SPOILERS*

Postby wren on July 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm

I've just finished reading Always for the first time!

Aric and Rosamunde and "Blackie the horse" were hilarious! When she wraps that horse up in all of those clothes, and all Aric can say when he discovers it is "There is a horse in my keep" over and over...and then the horse is having, um, flatulance...where on earth does Lynsay come up with all of this? I was laughing so hard throughout this book that I could not talk or breathe. Image

Every time I think one historical is the funniest, I read another one and then I can't decide which is funnier. I can't even choose a favourite anymore. I just read them all and laugh until tears are rolling down my face! Image
Last edited by wren on May 24th, 2009, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Re: Always

Postby Denise on July 4th, 2008, 1:29 am

I loved the horse! And when someone points out to him that those are his clothes on the horse.

I thought the interactions between Aric and his father and friend were great, too. Very fun reading.
Denise

Postby love2read on January 15th, 2009, 9:29 pm

I was just rereading Always and was wondering if Aric's friend Robert was ever going to get his own book?
love2read

Postby wren on January 16th, 2009, 7:36 am

love2read wrote:I was just rereading Always and was wondering if Aric's friend Robert was ever going to get his own book?

Leisure Books are published by, hissssssss, they who shall not be named :twisted: who still hold the rights to those historical characters...so unless Lynsay should write for them again, I don't think we'll see Robert's own book anytime soon! :cry:

In the meantime, we have the new historicals from Avon/HarperCollins to look forward to, and I'm sure many characters that we are going to want books for will "magically" appear in the new stories written by the awesome LYNSAY SANDS!!!! :D
wren

Re: Always *SPOILERS*

Postby MsKitty on May 31st, 2009, 7:22 pm

I got to finish Always FINALLY last night!!

OMG. Where do I start?? The explanation of 'Marital Relations' by Eustice? Rosamunde repeatedly getting on all fours? Aric getting grumpier & grumpier because he ISN"T getting any? And Blackie with his stomach staggers?? & in their bedroom?? Still with the clothes AND the hat (OMG Don't forget the hat!!) & that horse would have been HUGE!! My poor husband was sleeping next to me, quite unwell with a cold & it was SO HARD not to laugh out loud at that whole section!! I'll be reading that book again definately!

As for that horrid Shrewsbury.... I didn't like him form the beginning, the whole 'we have been moving around alot' speel.... as IF the King would NOT get all his messages (Y'know 'Off with his head' & all that stuff'. And then Shrewsbury was just THERE at Goodhall. So creepy & quiet (sneaking around) & always hovering over Rosemunde... and he just didn't let up about the whole 'returning to the convent' thing. Plus when Blackie foiled the murder attempt - his wound was small. Surely if someone had been sent to kill her, Blackies wound would have been much worse? I was thinking it was someone already there & someone not that physically strong - plus to hit someone from behind is quite cowardly....

Just a question... The Chase - is that Aric & Rosemundes son?? I can remember a reference to his mother who wore brais...

Anyway!! Great book - I am NOW an 'Hysterical' convert!! Thank Goodness there is MORE coming in the mail!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Re: Always *SPOILERS*

Postby susan60625 on May 10th, 2010, 10:46 pm

O.M.G. "There is a horse in my great hall!" ROTFL!!! :D :lol: And, then, Robert and Aric's father dragging Aric out of the castle when he finds all the animals in the great hall!

Wren, I've gotta say, that I was wondering what you meant about funny when for the first half of the book I was mostly in tears. It wasn't that I was mad at Aric, but I just felt so bad for Rosamunde! Especially when she lost her father. :cry:

All together, though, it was a great book! I really enjoyed it, and, Lynsay, now that you've got the rights back for these characters, I would eventually love to see you write Robert's story! He is such a sweetheart. I know lately I've been asking for a lot of stories from you Lynsay, and I realize you need to have a life too, but since I'm just starting to read your historicals (and loving them, BTW!) I see so many possibilities!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Return to Discuss the books