Greetings

Greetings

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 24th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has a good day!
grlnxtdr29

Re: Greetings

Postby susan60625 on November 24th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Well, I'm sitting here watching the National Dog Show and I have my very first homemade turkey in the oven. I decided to make my own bird this year after talking to my young neighbor (20-year-old college student) who couldn't go home for Thanksgiving. Since he helped me earlier this year when I had a power problem, I've kind of taken him under my wing, feeding him occasionally. So, when I found out he couldn't make it home and really had no place to go, I decided to make him a Thanksgiving dinner! I've been excited about this for about a week and a half now and am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Kath on November 24th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Sue how'd your first turkey turn out? Dinner and the cleanup done now so it's time to relax.
Kath

Postby susan60625 on November 24th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Kath, it turned out pretty well for a first time. I wanted to make my father's stuffing recipe, but it has never been written down, so he tried to tell me over the phone, long distance how to make it. The flavor came out fine, but I now know I needed more bread and more celery to get the proper consistency. Oh, well, live and learn! Everything's all put away here, as well. I think I'm going to crawl into bed and give in to the turkey coma soon!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Kath on November 25th, 2011, 1:10 am

susan60625 wrote:Kath, it turned out pretty well for a first time. I wanted to make my father's stuffing recipe, but it has never been written down, so he tried to tell me over the phone, long distance how to make it. The flavor came out fine, but I now know I needed more bread and more celery to get the proper consistency. Oh, well, live and learn! Everything's all put away here, as well. I think I'm going to crawl into bed and give in to the turkey coma soon!

Cool. Glad it worked out. Must have been kinda tough learning a recipe over the phone long distance.
Kath

Return to General Discussion