Hey! Anyone else from Stirling?

Hey! Anyone else from Stirling?

Postby Boycle on December 13th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Hey guys,

My name is William and I am from Stirling in the United Kingdom. I have not long ago discovered this forum and I like it very much.
I am a bit shy so I wont write much about me but maybe when I will get confortable, you guys will get to know me better!
My main hobbies are cooking and watching movies. I also like outdoor activites but the temperature has been terrible for the last days or so here in Stirling.

I was wondering if anyone else here is from the united Kingdom too?

I am glad to have joined this forum!
Cya!
:)

William

PS: Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. I could not find the right one!
http://www.psikologi.ui.ac.id/2011/07/18/hasil-seleksi-tahap-2-psikologi-profesi
Boycle

Re: Hey! Anyone else from Stirling?

Postby susan60625 on December 14th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Welcome William!!!! You have come to the very best forum on the internet, at least in my opinion!

First of all, you are not the only male presence among us. We have another forum "brother", Thomas, who usually participates quite frequently. However, things have been kind of slow around here lately with real life taking up more of our time! Don't worry, keep coming back, we love "newbies"! And believe me, newbies don't stay that way very long.

Second, you are not the only foreign member of the forum. We have several members from the U.K., Europe, Canada and the U.S. We even have one sister from Australia. Lynsay love is spread all over the world!

Next, look under the "Getting to know you" section. There is a listing of forum rules and a couple of questionaires. The "Getting to Know You" and "Quirky Questions" are not mandatory, but they help the rest of us get to know a little about you, plus you can look back and learn a little about us, as well.

One thing you will notice is that your name appears in green. This is just an indicator that you are new to the forum. This also means that your posts will have to be monitored before they post onto the full forum. This is just to prevent the spammers from getting a foothold here. The monitors are the moderators, namely Lynsay and her sister/assistant, Terri. Because of sometimes being busy, they may not get to your postings right away. Don't let that stop you! Once you have about 20 postings, your name will become blue and you will be "turned" into an immortal. Then your posts will appear immediately.

We have a whole selection of games that we play, but I suggest you wait until you become immortal to fully join in, because if your posting isn't put through right away it can either stall the game or if the game continues without your posting , when it does get approved it shows up out of sequence and can get confusing. However, feel free to lurk and learn how they are played until you are turned.

One suggestion I would have, is that you go back to the website and sign up for Lynsay's newsletter. They come out every month or so and have contests and all sorts of upcoming news about Lynsay's books. However, being a member here on the Forum gives you an advantage. We sometimes get tidbits and information from Lynsay that can't be found anywhere else! We get our own contests. Plus, we have the advantage of having Lynsay dropping in and answering questions and giving teases about upcoming books personally!

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you! But we are a friendly bunch here and are always eager to welcome new members to the family! Come on in and join us! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Someone here will hopefully have the answer or at least know how to get it for you!

Once again, Welcome! :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on December 25th, 2011, 12:07 am

Welcome, William (Boycle). Glad to have another male to share ideas with!
Denise

Postby lisa on December 25th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Welcome William!
lisa

Postby Copper on March 16th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Hey William

I'm not from Stirling, but Edinburgh which is probably the closest you will get on here.

I'm not a cooker but I love baking and I am a giant film buff

I have been away for a while but I am hoping to be on here soon looking forward to hearing more from you

I'm Claire btw but everyone calls me Copper :)
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Return to General Discussion