Postby MsKitty on October 22nd, 2012, 6:00 am

sin wrote:4 months 6 days (roughly 129 days) til Immortal Ever After

Sorry could not help meself.. {cackles evilly}

BWAAA HA HAAAAAA!! Awesome!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Re: COUNT DOWNS

Postby susan60625 on October 22nd, 2012, 7:57 am

nightmare wrote:What can I say, only 18 days till the german release of Hungry for You :D

Grrrrr, Nightmare! I didn't realize that the foreign translations were so far behind! I hope you were able to read them in English at least. I'd hate to have to wait that long!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby nightmare on October 23rd, 2012, 3:07 am

susan60625 wrote:
nightmare wrote:What can I say, only 18 days till the german release of Hungry for You :D

Grrrrr, Nightmare! I didn't realize that the foreign translations were so far behind! I hope you were able to read them in English at least. I'd hate to have to wait that long!

You can understand how tempted I am to buy the books in english, but on the other hand, I like the german translation in my bookcase. For Armands story I made an exception and now I have problems to read the translation. ;)
The publisher wrote on facebook that they want to catch up, so I think I wait till christmas to see the release dates and then I decide again.
But I think I will start buying the ebooks, so I can carry my favorite books with me at all times. :D

And only 17 days till Hungry for You... still counting :D
"Have you talked to her?"
"What would you have had me say Bastien? Oh, I'm sorry Inez. I didn't mean to bite you, my fangs slipped.”
― Lynsay Sands, Vampires Are Forever
nightmare

Postby Denise on October 23rd, 2012, 7:52 am

**chuckles**
Denise

Postby Lynsay on October 23rd, 2012, 12:42 pm

ooooh, nightmare! You can tell me then, I've always wondered, are the translations all right? Or do they read totally different?

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby nightmare on October 24th, 2012, 4:17 am

Lynsay wrote:ooooh, nightmare! You can tell me then, I've always wondered, are the translations all right? Or do they read totally different?

Lynsay

Hi Lynsay!
Good thing you are asking, I never really thought about that. I think I will make an experiment this weekend and choose one chapter of Armands book and read it first in english and then in german. Then I can tell you if the translation is different or not.
But I think the translation is good. It is good enough to get me hooked on your books ;)
Normally I think a series is getting boring after 6 or 7 books, but your Argeneaus a very special, I am kind of addicted to them and read them once a year. :D
So I hope you will never stop writing about them, especially not before Marcus Notte tells you his story. ;) I don't know why but I am very curious about him. :D

And Lynsay, I hope you have/had a good time with Stephanie!

Oh and now are only 16 days till Hungry for You :D
"What would you have had me say Bastien? Oh, I'm sorry Inez. I didn't mean to bite you, my fangs slipped.”
nightmare

Postby sin on October 24th, 2012, 7:52 am

nightmare wrote:So I hope you will never stop writing about them, especially not before Marcus Notte tells you his story. ;) I don't know why but I am very curious about him. :D

Great choice nightmare. Several of us are chomping for some Marcus.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on October 24th, 2012, 8:11 am

nightmare wrote:
Lynsay wrote:ooooh, nightmare! You can tell me then, I've always wondered, are the translations all right? Or do they read totally different?

Lynsay

Hi Lynsay!
Good thing you are asking, I never really thought about that. I think I will make an experiment this weekend and choose one chapter of Armands book and read it first in english and then in german. Then I can tell you if the translation is different or not.
But I think the translation is good. It is good enough to get me hooked on your books ;)
Normally I think a series is getting boring after 6 or 7 books, but your Argeneaus a very special, I am kind of addicted to them and read them once a year. :D
So I hope you will never stop writing about them, especially not before Marcus Notte tells you his story. ;) I don't know why but I am very curious about him. :D

And Lynsay, I hope you have/had a good time with Stephanie!

Oh and now are only 16 days till Hungry for You :D

Cool! Let me know what you think. I'm sure they're well done, I always just wonder. All these books on my shelf in foreign languages makes me wish I spoke and could read every one, lol.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

I'm having a blast with Steph, she's SUCH a trouble maker. And Marcus almost got his story this time. But then got nudged out. Maybe next book...which is next month's job. Three books in three months then I get a break. YAY! Just in time to rush around like a crazy person over Christmas. LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on October 24th, 2012, 9:08 am

humm I wonder who could have nudge Marcus. Steph is a troublemaker but she does so with love.. kinda.. 3 books wow Lyns you are a busy immortal. Hope you are taking care of yourself.. :) Holidays? ugh I love them but it will be busier than ever here. :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby nightmare on October 28th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Lynsay wrote:Cool! Let me know what you think. I'm sure they're well done, I always just wonder. All these books on my shelf in foreign languages makes me wish I spoke and could read every one, lol.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

I'm having a blast with Steph, she's SUCH a trouble maker. And Marcus almost got his story this time. But then got nudged out. Maybe next book...which is next month's job. Three books in three months then I get a break. YAY! Just in time to rush around like a crazy person over Christmas. LOL

Lynsay

Today I can answer your question, Lynsay. I read a chapter in english and german. The translation is as good as I told you before. Then I read the german and compared later just some sentences. Some of them I understood different but they were not important for the whole story.
The most interesting thing was the translation for no-fanger. I have no idea how I would translate it, because there are no good german words for it. So I think the person who did the translation did a very good job in naming them after what they do to their victims.

Three books in three month are very impressiv. As a reader I am very happy :D but as a person I hope you have enough spare time for yourself. Like sin said, take care of yourself!
I think Marcus is definitely worth waiting for, so take your time ;)
If you can, I have no ideas about deadlines and such things ;)

Now I go back to Armand and Eshe, they just escaped the fire and get a visit from Mr. Grumpy... ;)

Oh, by the way, only 12 days left... :!:
nightmare

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion