What Kinda Pets have you Had?

What Kinda Pets have you Had?

Postby KittyGirl on April 23rd, 2012, 2:04 am

This is just another little thing for us to get to know one another. And what better way then to talk about our little 'fur children'. These sweetys have been part of our lives since who knows when and deserve a little recognition too.
This will also give us all a little chance to brag about something in our lives and hey, who doesn't love that?

So the rules I guess are these:
1. Pets name and what they are.
2. Put a little info for us perhaps on how you got them, how old they are, their personalities or perhaps some cute little story you have on them.

make it fun guys. I can't wait to see what comes up.
"DISTRACTION!!!" "Where!?"

"Oh my great cheese tree of picture frame.."

"Is there a doctor in the house!?" "I am!" "Ok." ^_^
KittyGirl

Re: What Kinda Pets have you Had?

Postby Denise on April 24th, 2012, 9:14 pm

We've just got one dog, a mutt from the pound. We got her from the animal shelter when she was about 14 weeks old which gave her a Christmas birthday. Saw her on the website Petfinders.com and fell in love with her immediately. Went to see her and it was definite. I just wish we could have her inside with us, but we've got a couple in the family with major pet allergies and even being on constant medication doesn't help a lot. But she's always right by our side when we go to the back yard.

Our favorite thing to do is have one of the kids hide. She's half beagle and she tracks them down every time. So funny to watch her because she'll sniff, sniff, stop and look around, doesn't see them, so nose back to the ground and off she goes.
Denise

Re: What Kinda Pets have you Had?

Postby KittyGirl on April 25th, 2012, 3:38 am

Ok. I wrote a much longer version..but it logged me out and when I hit post I had to sign back in and lost all the writing I'd done. Grr.

Thank you Denise for putting something on here your puppy sounds like the most adorable thing! I wish i could see her.

But seeing as I forgot to add my own pets when I start this. My bad, it was 3am and I was tired. I'l put down a short..short version. Just the animals in my life that made a difference...except Bullet. :D

Bullet: a mutt my family owned while I was still too young to remember him. Mom tells me the story of how he got his name so much it like I have memories of it myself. But we had an electric fence and he would run in circles faster and faster then suddenly shoot straight through it so fast it wouldn't even hurt him.Thus he became a Bullet of a dog. :D

Copper: My mom and I got him from an old man that couldn't take care of him and was going to put him down. Now Copper was a puppy at the time and being the saps for baby animals we were, mom and I took him home. I named him Copper because I had fallen in love with the Fox and the Hound movie at the time and it seemed to suit him. He was such a special mutt, so mixed we couldn't even begin to guess what breeds he had mixed in him. The cutest things about him though is he never got big, just a medium size and was always a fluff, his curly hair making him more fluff than straight frizzy hair ever could. Then he also had such a long tongue that the tip of it was always sticking out from the front of his muzzle. Though here is something else. His face was never hidden by his hair. It was always clear of any long hair. So he had this sorta mane and and his face was always full of expression. His tail was also curled, not curved, curled. The tip of it curled tightly while the rest of the tail just curved. He was the definition of adorable. But he went missing about a year or so before we moved to H'ville. My parents never told Cory or I what happened. :(

Kittymer: A kitten I had chosen myself from the pound once we had moved to H'ville. I was six when we got her and she turned out to be the best cat, the most perfect cat ever to walk the earth. She was my little side-kick, and my best friend. As we grew up together Kittymer was very patient with me. I could carry her around the house all day and she'd keep on purring up a storm. I'd put her in the basket of my bike and ride around the neighborhood with her sitting in it calmly. We would sit side by side in the pink lazy-boy like chair in the bonus room that later would be considered mine, and watch movies and tv together.Sometimes during Christmas her and I would sit there side by side just staring up at the beautiful lit Christmas tree together. Me petting her as she purred beside me and kept me warm, both of us keeping eachother company in the middle of the night. She mostly slept on my bed at night and during the day would take naps on my doll's bed which was just big enough for her. She even put her head on the small pillow! :mrgreen: I loved her so much and miss her terribly. :cry:

Luke: Sir Lucas Cole. A minature Snauzure my mom found and bought at the flea market one day. Completly black except one white stripe down his chest making him look like he was wearing a tuxedo. ^_^ This little goofball was a little hudini when it came to escaping the house and I had to train him differently then most dogs. Having never trained a dog before I had to do it my own way. Putting him on a leash, bringing treats with me, and giving orders in the middle of his walk, sometimes making him do it by moving the leash a little and giving him a treat immedialy as soon as he had. He got it. He never got hurt I promise you. Mostly I was teaching him to stay or come to me, or as I liked to call the most important two comands when he escaped, "Stop" and "Come here" . The first was when he got out without a leash he learned to immediatly freeze and stop what he was doing no matter what, which meant he wasn't allowed to run off. The next "come here" is explanitory, telling him to come straight to me and sit at my feet until givin the next order. Which was usualy "In". Where he was supposed to go inside as soon as I said it. Unfortunaly..I was the one that trained him and he throught it meant he didn't need to obey mom. So when he got out when i wasn't there, mom had to either chase him down, or wait till i got home. He was smart as a whip and mom, my grandmother, and I loved him soo much. But it was his hudini nature..that caused us to lose him. He'd gotten out one night and as mom and I were searching for him he got hit and got carried home by the guy who hit him as mom cried her heart out beside him. I don't think mom has still gotten over it yet and might never. Luke was my mom's baby, like Kittymer was my best friend. And Copper was my child. :cry:

Percy: Another cat, but this time gotten from a friend down the road. This cat..wow. He was the most interesting and bravest thing I'd ever met. And had more personality and spunk than some humans I know. He found the most interesting places to hide and would often astound us with some of his stunts. Often making us laugh with his antics. Though he had his "Durr" moments too. Like the time he became curious about the warm orange and yellow stuff in the fireplace..and stuck his paw right into the flames! You'd think he'd have learned that lesson after burning his paw on the candle before this but nope. I bandaged him up without a struggle because he tended to get hurt and was used to me doctering him up. And he went right back over to the fireplace and layed down infront of it and fell asleep! Ugh! I loved that infuriating cat. He was like a little brother type of pet, I watched over him but he just kept getting into trouble. He went missing, we think he may have found another family. That would have been so like him. :roll:

Timmy and Smokey: These two are the latest kitties to grace my family. They actualy grew up with Luke. Percy came before Luke, sorry. lol. We actualy brought Luke home while Percy was still around. Its why we think he found himself another family. Mom didn't think Percy would take it that way but he did apparently. But anyway. Timmy, or Timid is his real name, is the only one left living with mom. Smokey left with my ex-step dad Matt. We don't know if Matt took him or if he snuck into the van, either way Matt has him. Timmy and Smokey are brothers two of the three kittens my grandparents siamese cat had. They kept "Mamma Cat" and "Fluffy" Smokey's and Timmy's sister. She has long hair somehow so they named her Fluffy Cat, Fluffy for short. Smokey like Percy before him is smart as all get out. Even smarter than Percy. He hid his toys from us and Timmy and hid them well enough that we never found that little bead until he had it out. He and Timmy are also the most graceless cats I have ever met or heard of. If they wanna lay down they just fall over with a loud thump. These guys are some big cats, and heavy. They can't get passed anything without knocking it over with their bodies or tails. Its just amazing to think of cats without the grace but thats what these guys are. But they are loyal, Timmy has stayed by my mom's side through thick and thin and never leaves her side at all hardly. Hes a sweet cat. Once you get over his ego. But those two are beautiful, cream colored with silver faces, tails, and ears. And sparkling blue eyes. They are the latest additions to the family and will be around for a long time yet. :D

Those were and are my little fur babies and friends. Sorry if its alot of writing but I do love them. And seriously..this is the shortened version. I have alot more pets I could write about but these were most promnent.

^_^ Hope you enjoyed. And if your curious about the others just ask. I'll be glad to tell ya'll about them.
"DISTRACTION!!!" "Where!?"

"Oh my great cheese tree of picture frame.."

"Is there a doctor in the house!?" "I am!" "Ok." ^_^
KittyGirl

Return to General Discussion