Fun and Interesting Links

Fun and Interesting Links

Postby TomEC on May 15th, 2012, 11:34 am

I hope I'm not being redundant here since it seems after all this time there must be a thread like this already though I haven't been able to find one.

I think we need a thread in which we can put all the fun and interesting links to websites and pages that we found either funny or informative or moving or simply enjoyed for their entertainment value. Of course, this is something we've already been doing but it seemed to me that it would be good to have one thread especially for that. You may correct me if you feel that I'm wrong.

I notice that some threads become inactive and disappear quickly into the archive while others gain traction and are always being posted to. I hope this one gains a little traction since I'm always interested in finding new and interesting things on the net and I suspect that some of you may be familiar with websites that fit the bill.
:D :D :D

As my first contribution to this thread, I would like to point you to a website that always cheers me up and is capable of making me laugh until my nose runs. You may or may not have heard of it. It's filled with photographs of signs and labels in non-English countries where translation into English has gone awry, sometimes with absolutely hilarious results.

Here's one example: http://www.engrish.com/2007/12/then-say-someone-made-you-do-it/
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Re: Fun and Interesting Links

Postby ~Linda~ on May 15th, 2012, 9:36 pm

funny sign Tom
An now for something completely different:
A lovely waste of time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5tpLjUcrE&NR=1 A little long but watch till the kitty does the box slide. OMG sooooo cute
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Denise on May 18th, 2012, 12:12 am

Luv those Scottish Fold cats!
Denise

Postby TomEC on May 18th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I just thought I'd mention that I quoted Linda's video on the thread, Video That Tickles the Funny Bone.

It seemed like the thing to do as this is more evidence that cats, and not humans, really run the internet.It all started when they signed a secret accord with the infant-toddler alliance to seize control of YouTube.

THE CATS ARE TAKING OVER, PEOPLE! :o

And I, for one, welcome our new feline overlords and would like to remind them that people like me are useful, as muscle, to round up slaves to work in their kitty-litter mines.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on June 5th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Here's a wonderful short film staring Kevin Spacey.

If you ever feared a trip to the dentist and you enjoy movies about pirates, you're going to love this.
:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn9pYtUoM20&feature=relmfu
TomEC

Return to General Discussion