Need adivce/help

Need adivce/help

Postby grlnxtdr29 on June 15th, 2012, 11:39 pm

As I mentioned on another thread somewhere, I often get very good ideas for books, but have trouble translating them on to paper. I've really been thinking of a story that I think would really work for publication, but again, it's not getting out of my head very well. I'm thinking of finding a writing partner who can help me get the idea into a manuscript, but have no idea where to look for someone. It has to be someone I can trust not to take my idea and sell it as their own, and someone who has simular reading habits as I do. Does anyone know someone who might be willing to work with me, even by email or private messages on FB or Yahoo?
grlnxtdr29

Re: Need adivce/help

Postby Lynsay on June 17th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Girlnxtdr when you're writing, write as if you're writing it for yourself, like you're just putting it down for your memory so you don't forget it or just for your entertainment. Try not to think of the possibility of others reading it. Worrying about others reading it can stifle you. That makes you critical, well hypercritical. You can edit later, just get the story down at first.

As for a writing partner, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I never found that very helpful. You could try joining the RWA or something, that will connect you with people in your area in RWA and you probably can find someone that way. Good luck.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on June 17th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Thanks, Lynsay! Your advice is really appreciated, especially since you are what inspired one of the stories I've been trying to put on Paper (it's about a Paranormal Vampire Author who learns that vampires are real!)
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on June 18th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Lynsay wrote:Girlnxtdr when you're writing, write as if you're writing it for yourself, like you're just putting it down for your memory so you don't forget it or just for your entertainment. Try not to think of the possibility of others reading it. Worrying about others reading it can stifle you. That makes you critical, well hypercritical. You can edit later, just get the story down at first.

As for a writing partner, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I never found that very helpful. You could try joining the RWA or something, that will connect you with people in your area in RWA and you probably can find someone that way. Good luck.

Lynsay

That is great advise. Just write! Don't worry about how good it is or whether anyone else will like it. You can worry about such things later. Please yourself. Write stories that you would want to read.You can never get good at it unless you do it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Return to General Discussion