Place on bestseller lists/sales rank for The Rogue Hunter

Re: Place on bestseller lists/sales rank for The Rogue Hunter

Postby KimberlyK on November 7th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Based on sales through November 2nd, this week's top 150 best sellers (published in USA Today) includes at #133, *drum roll, please* The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands. *applause, applause* It has remained on the list now for 5 weeks which is a new record. Bite Me If You Can was the previous record holder at 4 weeks.

I really have to say that I am amazed that the book is staying up there for so long. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic news!! *grin* It's just surprising because in today's economy and with how many new releases come out all of the time, especially in the paranormal genre currently, it is unexpected. I think that the popularity of that other author (whose books the True Blood T.V. show is based on) must be helping the sales of this books as well. I know that after I discovered the Argeneau series I flew through it and then looked around for more in the same genre and I have to think that fans of that author must be doing the same.

Lynsay, I can't wait to see how the new release of Single White Vampire does now. The timing couldn't be better with movie Twilight being released in theaters on November 21st and your book coming out on November 25th. I'm sure that a lot of movie viewers may head to the bookstores to buy the other books in the series by Stephanie Meyers. If they are interested in vampires, and your books are right there....it can only be good, right? *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby sin on November 7th, 2008, 3:34 pm

KimberlyK wrote: I think that the popularity of that other author (whose books the True Blood T.V. show is based on) must be helping the sales of this books as well.
Kimberly

I know what you mean about the above statement Kim.. Personally we do not have HBO so can not watch said show. But, I went and had some t-shirts done and mentioned that they were for us to wear when we meet Lynsay. Went this week to order 2 more and the owner said since I came in and talked about Lynsay they were watching that show. Asked if that was Lynsay's work. Told them no. But they are looking into the books. *laughing evilly*

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on November 8th, 2008, 3:57 am

Oh, my big sis, what a great way to make more turns! Image I'll email the pics to the Sands Ranch tonight so they can see what we are talking about! Image :)
wren

Postby sin on November 8th, 2008, 9:32 am

okie dokie..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on November 8th, 2008, 1:11 pm

wildfire1423 wrote:I still can't believe the "leech scene"

Hi Tatiana and welcome to the forum.

This is another one of the scenes that turn up in Lynsay's books that are based on an actual event. This really did happen to someone. Nice, eh?
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on November 8th, 2008, 1:46 pm

wren wrote:Oh, my big sis, what a great way to make more turns! Image I'll email the pics to the Sands Ranch tonight so they can see what we are talking about! Image :)

sin wrote:okie dokie..

Apparently, I tried to send too many in the attachment and it was returned. However, I will send pictures later! :)
Try, try again...
wren

Previous

Return to General Discussion