Hey what's up?

Re: Hey what's up?

Postby rockie on October 27th, 2008, 11:16 pm

wren wrote:
rockie wrote:Wren at least you got older sisters!

Actually, just to clarify, I am the oldest girl of three in my in real life family! I am truly a bossy, fussy, sometimes intimidating big sister!! :shock: Think "Julia Sugarbaker" of Designing Women, if you have ever seen that old show! :lol:

sin, GiGi3, jill, and I are the AE4 sisters...although we are sisters by heart, not by birth. However, our personalities and ages just happened to line up with the Charmed sisters on which we based our game...and it became a real bond between us! The four of us are also close to several others on the forum...and always looking for other special "sister" or "brother" AEAs...that is, the AE Associates! 8-)

This past week-end was the first time my family has met sin and her dear hubby in person...although she and I have been talking by email, facebook, and telephone for over a year now! It was a fantastic week-end for us!! All because Lynsay, her books, and her forum brought us together! :D

As for my Gypsy and my Seashell Belle, Terri & Sherri respectively, they are my in real life by birth younger twin sisters by 3 1/2 years...and I never let them forget who is the eldest! The three of us are very close, although we don't live in the same towns and we live our lives very differently. We were not blessed with any brothers, but we do come from a huge extended family so we were close to a lot of cousins! I also "turned" them to Lynsay's books, and while living with me earlier this year, Gypsy began popping in on the forum and set up a facebook page. We are still trying to help Seashell learn how to turn on the computer :roll: ...when we get past that hurdle and review the keyboard :geek: ...well, then she may appear. When she has been on the forum, I type for her what she tells me to say...but she isn't comfortable at home with it herself! We're working on it! ;)

Logging off...it's past my bedtime! :cry:

G'night! Have a great college day tomorrow, rockie! :)

Its all good.. Im the youngest of three! SO I know about being let known who is older trust me! My brother sometimes wouldn't let me outta the house because I didn't match! I mean really I didnt care but he did.. So I always had to change! I believe that he told me once that I was not going anywhere with him looking like that!
All though I do love my brothers they do suck!! I had a "sister" but she died in a car accident and I now have a tattoo for her! I love my best friends like they are sisters well most of them!!! all though one of me best friends is a guy! but he don't really count in this concept!
Its all good though! I love them!
Night Wren! I will try to have a good day in class tomorrow.. I only have 2 classes which is awesome! so it should be midly tolerable!
rockie, who need to go to sleep! but not really tired now!and is listening to "Cover Of The Rolling Stone"
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby rockie on October 28th, 2008, 9:48 am

wren wrote:How embarrassing Image...I just realized we have been singing the Dr. Hook's entire greatest hits together for 22 years...no wonder you girls think I'm, ahem, vintage?? 8-) That's longer than you have been born...however, you both seem to like really good music and movies, not to mention great taste in reading and your favourite author! :D

Hey Wren the whole 22 years thing! I mean really its only by a year!! In 21! muahaha! I figured I would say something!!! haha!
rockie, who is laughing, but with love!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Mr Spice on October 28th, 2008, 11:07 am

rockie wrote:Hey Wren the whole 22 years thing! I mean really its only by a year!! In 21! muahaha! I figured I would say something!!! haha!
rockie, who is laughing, but with love!

Don't forget that you need to add another 9 months on to that while you were gestating. Apparently there is a story that says, during that time, wherever your mother went there could be heard the faint sound of an infant voice singing The Bangles song Walk Like An Egyptian. Strangely, no one could ever quite pinpoint the source of the singing.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby rockie on October 28th, 2008, 11:57 am

Mr Spice wrote:Don't forget that you need to add another 9 months on to that while you were gestating. Apparently there is a story that says, during that time, wherever your mother went there could be heard the faint sound of an infant voice singing The Bangles song Walk Like An Egyptian. Strangely, no one could ever quite pinpoint the source of the singing.

Ok Mr. Spice,
a year and 9 months longer than I have been alive! I mean really, if you have to be technical about it! :lol:
haha! I woulda picked a better song than Walk Like An Egyptian! I mean really I have some taste! and I would prefer you said Easy (Like Sunday Morning) or one of Dr. Hook's songs! I mean really that sounds more like my mom! She is an easy going person! :lol:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on October 28th, 2008, 12:38 pm

well rockie I kind of like Walk Like An Egyptian.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on October 28th, 2008, 12:51 pm

rockie wrote:Its all good.. Im the youngest of three! SO I know about being let known who is older trust me! My brother sometimes wouldn't let me outta the house because I didn't match! I mean really I didnt care but he did.. So I always had to change! I believe that he told me once that I was not going anywhere with him looking like that!

I'm impressed...your brother really got you to go change?? Wow!! That did not happen with Seashell...who more often than not was wearing my jeans & my cosmetics with her "on purpose mismatched checked shoes - one was black/white & the other pink/white" and huge amounts of dangling silver hoop earrings and probably one of those idiotic shirts with a tiny alligator on it worn in some unusual way (brand names were getting very popular at the time)...she was very much a trendsetter back in the late '70s/early '80s (really, people would try to copy her style 8-) I'm rather proud of that now, but not back then! LOL) so when I dropped my two younger sisters off at school, I usually just ducked and pretended I didn't know them!

Got to remember I was four years ahead of them in school...and while we were close, I was in Sr. High and they were in Jr. High and even without their wild outfits I wasn't about to acknowledge either of them at the time. :P Also, Sherri could find my jeans and make-up no matter where I hid them :roll: and she usually made sure I didn't see her until it was too late for me to make her change her jeans! I was a stickler for leaving at 7:00 a.m. or I wouldn't have time to get them to school and get a parking place at the high school! Besides, if she didn't have them on, Gypsy-Terri did! Believe it or not, back then our Gypsy wasn't quite as wild as Seashell in what she wore or how she wore the same outfits, although by my standards she was wild enough...by that time they were way past the "dress just alike" age of twins and developing their own styles. In fact, if they were dressed alike, they were probably up to no good...like fooling someone or skipping classes or going to each other's classes that day...it always worked it there was a substitute teacher! :lol: I will say they did more of that kind of thing in Sr. high school, though...but only because they either hadn't thought of it, or hadn't yet figured out how not to get caught! :twisted: (Gypsy says that was it right there!! LOL)

I do remember saying "I'm not going anywhere with you looking like that!" several times to both of them...and I didn't!! heehee :mrgreen: I wasn't very brand name conscience, but I was very conservative in my dress and things had to match...in other words, my younger sisters & I were extreme opposites back then! We look back now on those days and laugh a lot about it and they are both so very remorseful about continually borrowing my jeans and cosmetics (yeah, right ;) ) as they both claim they didn't know I was buying them myself...I wonder why they thought I had those jobs while I was in high school and junior college??

Often, my best friends were their best friends older sisters, and we would all agree in our complaints about our younger sisters...but now we are all close to them...and for the most part they all live too far away to borrow our clothes and, sadly, we don't get as much time with them and their families as we would like! Life is strange that way! That is why this year has been really nice with Terri able to spend so much time at my home, and I have seen Sherri several times...and they and their children were all at the halloween birthday party with my parents...so sin has met them all! :o :D

Hmmm...my older son thinks that "surprised" smilie looks like the Art world's "Scream" :o The more I look at it, the more I agree! :lol:

wren...who isn't listening to any music at the moment, and I was laughing at "Walk Like An Egyption"...c'mon, haven't you thought about how an expecting mother walks, rockie <biggrin> especially as she gets bigger...I was "Waddling" by the time I had my sons! Oh, and no mother is easy going by the time she is ready to give birth...thankfully, our great easy going natures come back! Now, I must have lunch and accomplish something in the area called "work" today...I'm glad basketball practice is delayed an hour! Who decided to make it cold Image here in Mississippi today? Although it is a beautiful sunny day, it is so chilly that I had to turn on the heat...and I'm hot-natured! :P
wren

Postby rockie on October 28th, 2008, 2:34 pm

wren wrote:Hmmm...my older son thinks that "surprised" smilie looks like the Art world's "Scream" :o The more I look at it, the more I agree! :lol:

wren...who isn't listening to any music at the moment, and I was laughing at "Walk Like An Egyption"...c'mon, haven't you thought about how an expecting mother walks, rockie <biggrin> especially as she gets bigger...I was "Waddling" by the time I had my sons! Oh, and no mother is easy going by the time she is ready to give birth...thankfully, our great easy going natures come back! Now, I must have lunch and accomplish something in the area called "work" today...I'm glad basketball practice is delayed an hour! Who decided to make it cold Image here in Mississippi today? Although it is a beautiful sunny day, it is so chilly that I had to turn on the heat...and I'm hot-natured! :P [/color]

Yeah, I know, Its freezing here in North Carolina also!! I mean really!! I want some SNOW please!!! but not yet! I want some on Christmas! I agree that the "surprised" smilie looks like the artwork "Scream" I was thinking about that the other day!
rockie, who needs to take a nap!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby rockie on October 28th, 2008, 2:37 pm

sin wrote:well rockie I kind of like Walk Like An Egyptian.

Ok.. Im sorry for the crack about the song Walk Like An Egyptian! :lol: Can you tell if I really mean it!!! muahahahaha!
rockie, who's listening to Madonna! "Material Girl"
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on October 28th, 2008, 4:32 pm

rockie wrote:
sin wrote:well rockie I kind of like Walk Like An Egyptian.

Ok.. Im sorry for the crack about the song Walk Like An Egyptian! :lol: Can you tell if I really mean it!!! muahahahaha!
rockie, who's listening to Madonna! "Material Girl"

Ugh...sorry, but I'm not fond of Madonna or "Material Girl"...not all that fond of any of her songs...have never been a fan of the material girl! :shock:

wren...who has "Walk Like An Egyption" stuck in my head... :lol:
wren

Postby rockie on October 28th, 2008, 6:25 pm

wren wrote:Ugh...sorry, but I'm not fond of Madonna or "Material Girl"...not all that fond of any of her songs...have never been a fan of the material girl! :shock:

wren...who has "Walk Like An Egyption" stuck in my head... :lol:

Well I was never fond of her music till my freshman year! My 1st roomie likes Madonna! I only listen to 2 or her songs! I mean really Material Girl and Like A Virgin! (which makes me laugh because I still am! and people pick on me about that also) Sorry That was A TMI huh? Sorry!
Hum! I fell tonight after me and my boyfriend got back from dinner and wally world! It was really embarrassing I hurt my wrist and I think I'm gonna have a bruise on my thigh! It hurts when I move my wrist and wiggle my fingers! ugh! But you know.. its stronger than It looks! I mean really when I was six I broke both my arms! so my bones are strong (hopefully) muahahaha!
rockie, who is listening to "Amie" by: Pure Prairie League
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie