Message From Lynsay

Message From Lynsay

Postby Lynsay on October 20th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Hi guys, I'm just waiting for the car to take me to the airport for the Levy Spotlight signing in Chicago, but wanted to write this first.

To start with, you're all wonderful and we enjoy having you here. I like checking out what you're all up to in your posts, though I know I miss a ton of them while writing, but you'd probably rather have the books than my comments on every little thing anyway.

Now, I do consider the message forum my domain. Essentially, you're guests in my cyber home, and as such I expect a certain amount of decorum, and for the most part you guys give me that. THANK YOU!! I do appreciate it. But we've had a couple problems. Dave has gone in and edited messages a couple of times when he thought they were too sarcastic or bordering on inflammatory, and he shouldn't have to do that. So here's the deal . . .

This is fair warning. I don't let sarcastic or critical people in my home. I don't like hanging with them. I understand that their behavior may be because they have had troubles in the past or a rough childhood or whatever. I get that. However, to me it's a sign of someone with low self esteem who wants to make themselves feel better by pointing out the flaws in, or making fun of, others. That's not acceptable. Very few people come out of their teens with great self-esteem, and I won't have anyone who comes here, or works for me, be made to feel bad in any way. This WILL be a safe forum.

So, be careful of what you write. Remember that while your tone in your head may be lightly teasing or whatever, that WILL NOT come across in words typed in the message. Treat each other like you would want to be treated (unless you're a sado-masochist or something and like being abused, then treat everyone like they're God and you want to get into heaven <grin>)

Anyway, that's it. Be nice or you will be invited to leave. Once again, you are all mostly wonderful that way, this is just a caution for the one or two who might forget that what they want to say may not always come out as they mean it.

Lynsay, who has to sign out and shut off the puter then run around like a chicken with her head cut off double checking she has everything before the car shows up. Hugs to all.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: Message From Lynsay

Postby Nicola on October 20th, 2008, 6:35 pm

hope u have a wicked time lynsay

now runs to check posts lol

OoOoOoO come to belfast id come see u for a signing of my books id bring them all down lol
Last edited by Nicola on October 21st, 2008, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby KimberlyK on October 20th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Lynsay,

First off, have a great trip. I just wish I could find some information on this Levy Spotlight signing so I could see if it's something I could attend! I came up totally empty searching online. *frown*

Next, If I have at any time ever said anything that would fall into the category of posts that you mentioned, I most sincerely apologize.

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 9:48 pm

KimberlyK wrote:Lynsay,

Next, If I have at any time ever said anything that would fall into the category of posts that you mentioned, I most sincerely apologize.

Kimberly

Im with Kimberly on that.. If I have said anything like that I am sorry also!!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Decibels on October 20th, 2008, 9:56 pm

rockie wrote:
KimberlyK wrote:Lynsay,

Kimberly

Im with Kimberly on that.. If I have said anything like that I am sorry also!!!

same here! i have been know to say/type things without thinking about if someone might take them wrong. So if there was anything I did, I really am sorry
Decibels

Postby love2read on October 21st, 2008, 2:10 am

i swear that i am 99% good..... And if at anytime my other 1% :evil: comes out and behaves badly then i am sorry too. i really like this fourm because it is so relaxed and i like coming here to have some laughs, however it is sometimes had to tell if a person is joking or being serious. :?
love2read

Postby Nicola on October 21st, 2008, 3:07 am

im hoping i have'nt had no bad post im a cherpy kinda girl dont see the point in badlashing people over the net just silly but i know cause im from Northern Ireland are humor is a we tade different to understand but if it is im sorry but i hope i have'nt offended anyone .....
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby lisa on October 21st, 2008, 4:52 am

I sincerely apologize if i have offended anyone in the past or present and I will try to do better in the future. Team spice and sands are GREAT for putting up with all of us. We have sort of joined together( kind of like a slightly dysfunctional family ) and sometimes what we type is lost in translation. It may come out meaning something that can offend or hurt feelings. As i try to type as i am thinking, i realize how hard this it to actually do and it sometimes comes out gibberish! I dont know how you do this as a writer Lynsay, cause i thought i could type and i thought i could spell, but since being on this forum i have found out i can do neither without alot of editing. :oops: Have fun on your trip, dont work too hard and hurry back soon.
lisa

Postby GiGi3 on October 23rd, 2008, 8:08 am

LYNSAY,
I am not on here as much as I would like to and sometimes I forget that there are new rules on your new forum.....if at any time had stepped over the line I am very sorry.
Have a safe trip, talk to ou soon!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby jill on October 24th, 2008, 5:50 am

Well everyone knows I have a big mouth. I do depend upon my sisters to keep me in line but if I have offended I am truly sorry. And I will try not to do it in the future or at least try to apologize profusely and throw myself at the mercy of the spice team and other fellow forum members.
jill

Next

Return to General Discussion