"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: Randomessosity

Postby MysticFan on January 24th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Thank you, Sue! :D

I come to realize something today. This little forum here really is the best lil forum on the internet. I recently looked into joining another forum of another author. Well, when I read the rules that the group is to follow I was taken aback a bit. It stated that you are not allowed to mention any other books, movies, authors… etc. You also can’t speak of relationships, children, grandchildren, or any personal matter. I do understand that people will run their sites the way they see fit, and I respect that. It just made me realize that this place is very special and Lynsay is definitely one in a million.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby wren on January 30th, 2013, 12:34 pm

MysticFan wrote:Thank you, Sue! :D

I come to realize something today. This little forum here really is the best lil forum on the internet. I recently looked into joining another forum of another author. Well, when I read the rules that the group is to follow I was taken aback a bit. It stated that you are not allowed to mention any other books, movies, authors… etc. You also can’t speak of relationships, children, grandchildren, or any personal matter. I do understand that people will run their sites the way they see fit, and I respect that. It just made me realize that this place is very special and Lynsay is definitely one in a million.

You're so right, Mystic! Lynsay & Terri keep this forum running as if it is Lynsay's cyberhome, where we can all sit & have tea & chat in a relaxed atmosphere. There are only a few rules, all of which have a stated reason for the need, when we aren't owed any explanation for them at all. We have only been asked to be kind & respectful so that we have harmony on this forum. Definitely the best forum anywhere!! 8-)
wren

Postby terri on January 31st, 2013, 5:43 pm

Tea anyone?

You all make the forum what it is. Just thought I'd say it in case you didn't know already.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Denise on February 2nd, 2013, 11:07 pm

Wow, MysticFan. I've never seen one like that. Though this is the only one I'm on, any more. That sounds pretty... stiff and boring. To each his/her own, I guess.

I appreciate all of you!
Denise

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 5th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Hubby was going to buy me a Nook Simple touch with Glolight for my Birthday on Sunday, but now he's not going to.

Instead, he bought me the Nook HD tonight! YAY!

And in more good news, hubby finally got the last of the paperwork he needs to file for Disability thru the Military! It only took 4 years to get it, and they should give him 4 years of back pay, so that will be great, but it will still be a few Months before we get it!
grlnxtdr29

Postby lisa on February 5th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Great News and Happy Birthday!
lisa

Postby MysticFan on February 8th, 2013, 1:50 pm

MysticFan wrote:

I unintentionally left out Terri and I have to appologize. Lynsay is definitely one in a million, and so is Terri. This place wouldn't be what it is without the both of them. So sorry, Terri! :(

Denise wrote:Wow, MysticFan. I've never seen one like that. Though this is the only one I'm on, any more. That sounds pretty... stiff and boring. To each his/her own, I guess.

I appreciate all of you!

This was the first forum I ever joined and Pamela Palmer's the second. Her's is pretty much along the same lines as this one, so I was assuming all were. Guess not. I agree with you, Denise. I appreciate all of you, also!

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Hubby was going to buy me a Nook Simple touch with Glolight for my Birthday on Sunday, but now he's not going to.

Instead, he bought me the Nook HD tonight! YAY!

And in more good news, hubby finally got the last of the paperwork he needs to file for Disability thru the Military! It only took 4 years to get it, and they should give him 4 years of back pay, so that will be great, but it will still be a few Months before we get it!

Yay! So happy for you, GND! I wish you many wonderful hours of reading on your new Nook. :D And I'm so glad to hear of the good news with your hubby!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on February 14th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Hey Mystic! Nice to see that you made it back, while I was away. How’s the baby? Yeah, I know I’m being lazy I should look back into some of the earlier posts and find out for myself. I got agree with you, though, this is the best place on the Internet of this kind that I’ve found. It’s the only one I’ve bothered with so far.

It’s great to hear, GND, that things are looking up for you and your family. I hope things continue on their upward trajectory.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on February 15th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Welcome back, Tom! We missed you!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion