Facebook stuff

Re: Facebook stuff

Postby Jewelz on April 5th, 2010, 2:47 am

Idaho taxes everything. Basic sales tax is 6%. Food has always been taxed. A few years ago while traveling in California pretty sure the tax was 9%. At least I think it was 9%. I never really think about sales tax. I've never not paided sales tax. My Mother-in-law used to have a Beauty Shop. Even though her shop furnature was long paided off, the state still taxed her yearly for it. I think its considered a property tax. :( I thought that was a little overboard.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Lynsay on April 5th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Hmmm, we have sales tax here too of course, both pst of 8% and gst of 5% (Provincial sales tax and goods and service tax) though in ontario they are "Harmonizing" the taxes to 13% in July. Sheesh. You know in England the tax was already in the price, so if you went to the store and something was 35 pound sterling, it was 35 pound sterling at the till, which I kind of liked a lot. There was no working out how much it would be and if you had enough. The only problem with doing that is that I still have no clue what the tax on things was over there, and it would allow them to mess with it here so that you don't know as well.

Hmmmm.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Kath on June 10th, 2010, 9:04 pm

What does everyone think about the stuff that was going on with Facebook regarding privacy settings? How's our settings? And I was just thinking about joining just before all that happened... Now I'm not so sure anymore.... Those of you that are on fb -- any reassuring thoughts? Were you affected in any way? Any tips?
Kath

Postby sin on June 10th, 2010, 10:48 pm

No really... Just put it so very few can access you whole information. And never re enter your password, while sending requests. Earlier this week when sending (or trying to ) gifts I was asked to go ahead and have my e-mail accessed to send gifts to those that are not on fb..Of course I chose cancel. There was not a no thanks option :/

For the most part I have not had any problems. Of course fb has more updates than Microsoft. :)

If you decide to join lets us know and we will friend you. Be prepared some of the games/apps are very addictive..**grins**

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby MsKitty on June 12th, 2010, 5:07 am

I've set my security so no-one will find me!! lol.. And I also left an old email address on my profile ;) seee... sneaky AND cheeky!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Copper on July 18th, 2010, 7:37 am

I used to have a very strong opinion that people should not be private but after all the bother last summer with the terrible house mates, I went total lock down so now just about everything is private don't want her snooping though my page or knowing anything about me... i does help me felling safer
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby MysticFan on August 1st, 2010, 2:25 am

I finally joined the wonderful world of Facebook a lil while ago. . . was never able to get on there due to my stoneage computer. My hubby got me an early b-day present which happened to be a lovely laptop that I adore. Now I can actually get online and view the world wide web :) I thought that before I had read that their was something on FB, a group maybe, for Argeneau fans. I'm not 100% sure what it was, but any info would be great :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on August 1st, 2010, 1:00 pm

Mysticfan there are 2 groups that "we" have started on FB..1 is circle of friends AE4 & AEA which is only seen by friends who are friended to us the other is SASSy Addicts which you can viewing is limited and posting to members only.
here is my link: http://www.facebook.com/sin.S1

See ya but be warned the games can be addictive :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on August 2nd, 2010, 12:58 am

sin wrote:See ya but be warned the games can be addictive :)

Ugh, says me as I come up for air from one of those games.
Denise

Postby MysticFan on August 2nd, 2010, 6:12 am

sin wrote:Mysticfan there are 2 groups that "we" have started on FB..1 is circle of friends AE4 & AEA which is only seen by friends who are friended to us the other is SASSy Addicts which you can viewing is limited and posting to members only.
here is my link: http://www.facebook.com/sin.S1

See ya but be warned the games can be addictive :)

Thanks Sin. I sent u a friend request =)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion