Facebook stuff

Re: Facebook stuff

Postby terri on February 17th, 2011, 10:36 am

Wow... I am a horrible facebooker... er... facebookee... whatever.

Just this past weekend my friend gave me a hassle about it. I just prefer the one on one but I should do more especially when friends are so far away.

Ah! The guilt.

Terri ble
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on February 17th, 2011, 1:00 pm

jill wrote:it helps me stay to connected because without my friends the brink of insanity that I have reached...well I would probably leap off of lol...

Yeah we all have to keep each other sane sis

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on February 17th, 2011, 1:01 pm

terri wrote:Wow... I am a horrible facebooker... er... facebookee... whatever.

Just this past weekend my friend gave me a hassle about it. I just prefer the one on one but I should do more especially when friends are so far away.

Ah! The guilt.

Terri ble

Don't feel bad Terri..we all go through phases..;)

sin

Postby terri on February 17th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Thanks Sin. :-)
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on February 17th, 2011, 4:39 pm

You are welcome :)

sin

Postby wren on February 19th, 2011, 11:35 am

sin wrote:Vinny is Winnie's heartthrob..oops mixing my forms. Sorry sis. Met Vincent in TD&H and he was a trip. Love the part at the wedding with Lady Barrow.

LOL...what sin is talking about is our Pet Society game on facebook. Winnie, who is named for sin's grandmother, loves Vincent! (Isn't Winnie a lovely name? Somewhat old-fashioned but sweet. When I was trying to decide what to name my virtual pet, sin & I were on the phone and I asked for suggestions, and when she said her grandmother's name, I knew it was meant to be! :D ) In fact, she has decorated her house so that Vincent has a room fit for a King (really...it's has furniture for royalty, as well as toys that Vincent would undoubtedly find amusing, along with a secret room where Vincent & Jackie can have dinner privately...hey, Winnie knows she is really a little girl who looks like a purple cat but she is still a devoted Vincent fan...and wants everything in place just in case he drops by! ;) ) When the recent 'Phantom of the Opera' theme week was taking place, Winnie decorated the room above Vincent's as Vincent Argeneau Productions It even has a Marquee that says so, as well as his awards on a shelf. In this room, she chose to feature backstage at the opera with Vincent's director's chair, costumes, musical instruments & sheet music, Opera Diva Vanity table, folding dressing divider, and wine & roses for the cast...and Winnie herself starred as Christine. :lol:

Currently, Winnie is on holiday because I really dislike the latest game changes that are requiring even more Playfish Cash (paid for with real money) to buy items or help from fb friends that play the game to build items, and is becoming more time-consuming. I've decided that Winnie is now on an extended holiday, which means I've blocked the game to take a break, and I think it's a good thing. Social Network games can become addicting and take up too much of your real life, so sometimes it's best to step back from it all.

Warning to those who go on fb or other social networks: some games get very addicting! Almost all of them eventually entice you to spend real money, because they set the items for coins (or whatever you earn playing the game) very high, and they set items you really would like to have at cash prices only. There are even gift cards out there that you can buy if you don't have PayPal or credit cards. I suggest keeping a spreadsheet of what you spend if you play, because otherwise you don't see a running total, and it can get out of hand quickly. Tread carefully!

Note to Terri: Sometimes it's best not to get too involved on facebook or other social networks, & to stay irl with your family & friends. Facebook is helpful for keeping in touch with family or friends who live long distances, especially if there is news you need to get out quickly. Otherwise, a good telephone or email will do the same thing. Social Networking is not for everybody...and much of it can be, as Betty White said in her opening monologue when she hosted Saturday Night Live due to a facebook page drive to get her there, "A big waste of time." ;) :lol:
wren

Postby wren on June 1st, 2011, 3:00 pm

Letting my forum friends who are on Facebook know that I will be deactivating my account on June 12. My family has a busy summer ahead. As of May, I've been on fb for three years, and I need a break from "social networking & games" to attend to my family & home responsibilities. Besides, I feel like I've been losing myself & my "real life" so this seems to be the perfect time to take a much needed break from so much computer time. I shall be rereading a certain author's books (you know who she is) to help me deal with the withdrawals and learn what to do with the extra time I hope to have available. If possible, I'll return to fb in the autumn. We'll see how it goes! :)

Since they lead the AE Circle & SA Group, sin & Denise have my personal info (email & phone) & permission to share it with active forum friends if you need it to reach me, but leaving fb will also allow me to return to the forum on an regular Immortal basis, which I've really missed. Plus, I know y'all have missed my lengthy purple posts, so I mustn't deny you any longer! ;) :lol:

ttfn...gotta go read The Reluctant Vampire so we can discuss, speculate, spout theories, and decipher the real clues from the red herrings...and try to beg, bribe, beguile, or bewitch Lynsay into confirming/denying our ideas or at least talk her into giving us a hint to point us in the right direction! 8-)

Image...the ever angelic wren
wren

Postby sin on June 1st, 2011, 3:20 pm

wren wrote:Letting my forum friends who are on Facebook know that I will be deactivating my account on June 12. My family has a busy summer ahead. As of May, I've been on fb for three years, and I need a break from "social networking & games" to attend to my family & home responsibilities. Besides, I feel like I've been losing myself & my "real life" so this seems to be the perfect time to take a much needed break from so much computer time. I shall be rereading a certain author's books (you know who she is) to help me deal with the withdrawals and learn what to do with the extra time I hope to have available. If possible, I'll return to fb in the autumn. We'll see how it goes! :)
Image...the ever angelic wren

I understand sis. Cutting back on what I do play and if I get in I get in.
This means more time for us to talk on the phone..bauhahhahahaha

sin

Postby sin on June 1st, 2011, 3:23 pm

wren wrote: Since they lead the AE Circle & SA Group, sin & Denise have my personal info (email & phone) & permission to share it with active forum friends if you need it to reach me, but leaving fb will also allow me to return to the forum on an regular Immortal basis, which I've really missed. Plus, I know y'all have missed my lengthy purple posts, so I mustn't deny you any longer! ;) :lol:

done ;)

burning up phone lines is more our style anyways...Lol

sin

Postby sin on June 1st, 2011, 3:26 pm

wren wrote:
ttfn...gotta go read The Reluctant Vampire so we can discuss, speculate, spout theories, and decipher the real clues from the red herrings...and try to beg, bribe, beguile, or bewitch Lynsay into confirming/denying our ideas or at least talk her into giving us a hint to point us in the right direction!

Enjoy sis. Yes then we I can talk with you without not giving anything away. :D Yes several items we must try to get
more info on..

sin

Previous

Return to General Discussion