Facebook stuff

Re: Facebook stuff

Postby lisa on April 4th, 2010, 8:23 am

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a Petville addict! That is a bad thing cause my computer is soo sloooowwww! It takes all day just to do something. I think on the next sales tax free weekend ( in August) I am going to have to buy a new computer! BTW, those of you coming to the RWA in Nashville, we have a sales tax on just about everything here, even food purchases at stores and restraunts. Make sure you bring enough money for purchasing books and all!
lisa

Postby sin on April 4th, 2010, 8:58 am

Thanks for the heads up lisa. I believe we also do. Good luck on your new comoputer.. Most of the apps on fb also are nor IE friendly.

Hi my name is Sin ..Enchanted Island, Pet Society (Scorch has a room devoted to LUCIAN), and Fairyland are where you will find me most times. Zoo is in there also.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on April 4th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Here is TN we are used to sales tax, but when my sis moved to Oregon for a while she got used to no tax on purchases and had a culture shock when she moved back a few years later. When we have visitors from other states that dont have tax on purchases they are kinda shocked ( and broke after a carefully budgeted weekend) when they forget about the tax
lisa

Postby Denise on April 4th, 2010, 10:47 pm

We have sales tax on EVERYTHING! Our current sales tax in Tulsa is 8.52%
Denise

Postby susan60625 on April 4th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Ladies, ladies! You know nothing of sales tax. Here in Cook County (where Chicago is) our sales tax is 11.25% Food is the only exception. That is 3%. However, junk food and soda are not allowed the discount. They get the full tax.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on April 4th, 2010, 10:56 pm

I see they make up the sales tax they miss on the food by making tax rate higher on the other.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on April 4th, 2010, 11:04 pm

The amazing thing is that only the last .25% has caused a rebellion here and cost our current county board president his job. He came in fourth out of four in the primaries in Feb. He's lame duck until the full election in November. The winner ran on a platform of repealing that .25%!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on April 4th, 2010, 11:12 pm

lisa wrote:Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a Petville addict! That is a bad thing cause my computer is soo sloooowwww! It takes all day just to do something. I think on the next sales tax free weekend ( in August) I am going to have to buy a new computer! BTW, those of you coming to the RWA in Nashville, we have a sales tax on just about everything here, even food purchases at stores and restraunts. Make sure you bring enough money for purchasing books and all!

AAAACCKK...lisa, someone got you on Petville before I got you on Pet Society! I'll be hunting the rogue that tempted you to the other app. ;) Hey, I have sent an invite for Enchanted Island and Fairyland, though! Come to the dark side...many of your forum sisters are on those apps waiting for you! Image Sin is so high up on Enchanted Island that she can tutor you through getting started...it's a passive game that you can play in between your other games...so come be a wizard with us...or maybe you already have. I've just started playing it again with sin's help. Btw, I'm a Pet Society addict myself. {sigh} My pet, Winnie, has more clothes & shoes & hair accessories than I do, and she is a way better gardener! lol One of her first rooms in her house was decorated & dedicated to none other than Vincent! She seems to think he is a king...you can tell by the decor. Image We'll have to look at the photo albums on each others profiles.

Hi, my 'undercover' name is wren, and I am sad to tell y'all that Mississippi invented the sales tax in our country :oops: (I profusely apologize, though I was not there when it happened Image)...& Mississippi sales taxes everything and I do mean everything!! :shock: lisa, it probably caught like wildfire and spread to the surrounding states when it first happened...then all through the nation :cry:

We finally began doing the sales tax free weekend in August...supposed to be to help students...Alabama does it too, which is good because Mobile has a very high sales tax. I'll have to mention that to dear frog prince, for if we are in the market for a computer by then, that would be the best time to purchase.8-)

On the plus side, in 1963 the University of Mississippi Medical Center accomplished the world's first human lung transplant and, on January 23, 1964, Dr. James D. Hardy performed the world's first heart transplant surgery. Root Beer was also invented in Mississippi. I'm fairly sure getting a lung or heart transplant is taxed, and I know buying a Root Beer is taxed. All groceries are taxed. Here we are, lisa, living in two of the states with major areas of poverty, and they tax our people for every scrap of food they buy!

sin wrote:Thanks for the heads up lisa. I believe we also do. Good luck on your new computer.. Most of the apps on fb also are nor IE friendly.
Hi my name is Sin ..Enchanted Island, Pet Society (Scorch has a room devoted to LUCIAN), and Fairyland are where you will find me most times. Zoo is in there also.

sin is correct...I had to install Mozilla Firefox. Many apps will not work with IE, or if they do, it's very slow and hard to do. I have heard that Safari also works well for facebook, but all the apps I've tried seemed designed to work with Firefox! :) I've learned to limit my apps now, and I have more success by playing just a few...otherwise, I would live on the computer round the clock and never accomplish anything else which would not make my family very happy! That's why I don't do the zoo games and have closed my farm town...time limitations...watch out, or facebook will suck you into it's mindless vacuum, too...<insert ♫ Twilight Zone ♫ theme> :P

susan60625 wrote:Ladies, ladies! You know nothing of sales tax. Here in Cook County (where Chicago is) our sales tax is 11.25% Food is the only exception. That is 3%. However, junk food and soda are not allowed the discount. They get the full tax.

Here they would include the junk food/soda in the "sin taxes" category just like cigarettes, which are taxed much higher...no offense to big sis sin, whose special name comes from a childhood friend & nickname from her birth name...just like in original or seven deadly, if you ever ask her! *giggle* Also, other things are taxed higher, such as hotels, etc. All sales taxes start at 7% and go up from there depending on what it is and where you are in the state.
wren

Postby Denise on April 4th, 2010, 11:22 pm

Our state even taxes used books! Go figure! These books were bought new and had sales tax paid on them, and now we have to pay sales tax on them AGAIN even when all we're doing is the swap 2-for-1 thing! that just started about two years ago and tempers were HOT, believe me.
Denise

Postby wren on April 5th, 2010, 12:02 am

Denise wrote:Our state even taxes used books! Go figure! These books were bought new and had sales tax paid on them, and now we have to pay sales tax on them AGAIN even when all we're doing is the swap 2-for-1 thing! that just started about two years ago and tempers were HOT, believe me.

That's just wrong! :(
wren

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion