I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........


I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby ~Linda~ on November 20th, 2008, 6:18 pm

Hey I know I have been kinda quiet on the board.
Heres why...... I was rear ended at the end of Oct.
All of the airbags went off in the Lincoln town car.
Which pushed me into the car in front of me.

I was just sore so I reported the accident to the police and the insurance company. And went on to work.........

I went to the Dr on the 31st and he gave me muscle relax-ers. I tried them for 2 weeks and have not really gotten any better. So I went back to the Dr and was told that I need to go to therapy. I thought OK. Then Dr Rick says the reason I am not getting any better is that I am lifting to much. Sooooooooooo he says I am not to lift any thing over 10 pounds! WTF. Since my work is nothing but lifting. Arrrrrrggggg
So I am off work for the next month. I couldn't get an appt. till Dec. 2nd.
And then at least 3 weeks of therapy. So I have been calling the insurance company's. Getting the paperwork started. ohhhh joy.
So far Nationwide has been great.
Lets hope for a better 2009 for us all.....

~Linda~
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
Image
User avatar
~Linda~
 
Posts: 329
Joined: May 8th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Location: Maryland


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby lisa on November 20th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Oh Linda, your poor thing. Of all the rotten luck. Hope you feel better soon. Just rest up and re-read all of your Argeneaus. You may soon (with the extra rest and muscle relaxers )figure out all of the next books' dark, dark secrets. Dont over do the lifting ---this break from work is NOT the time to drag out all the Holiday decorations from the attic. Did you check with your Dr Rick to see if ice packs/or heat packs will help the situation? Will they call you if they have a last minute cancellation? Maybe someone will cancel in order to travel for the holidays. I had a problem with my neck a few years ago. It was 'frozen' at a twisted angle. Muscle relaxers were impossible to go to work and still function. I finally had my Dr recommend a chiropracter who was a great help. Maybe your doctor can get you in quicker for therapy? Hope you feel better soon, and try not to get addicted to watching the daytime soaps.
lisa
 
Posts: 827
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: tennessee


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby ~Linda~ on November 21st, 2008, 6:30 pm

lisa wrote:Oh Linda, your poor thing. Of all the rotten luck. Hope you feel better soon. Just rest up and re-read all of your Argeneaus. You may soon (with the extra rest and muscle relaxers )figure out all of the next books' dark, dark secrets. Dont over do the lifting ---this break from work is NOT the time to drag out all the Holiday decorations from the attic. Did you check with your Dr Rick to see if ice packs/or heat packs will help the situation? Will they call you if they have a last minute cancellation? Maybe someone will cancel in order to travel for the holidays. I had a problem with my neck a few years ago. It was 'frozen' at a twisted angle. Muscle relaxers were impossible to go to work and still function. I finally had my Dr recommend a chiropracter who was a great help. Maybe your doctor can get you in quicker for therapy? Hope you feel better soon, and try not to get addicted to watching the daytime soaps.



Thanks Lisa, I had them put me on the cancelation list. And I am using Moist heat twice a day.
If the therapy doesnt work I am going to try a chiropracter.
I was thinking of pulling the tree outta of the attic lol. But will wait till I have some help. I just recieved in the mail Bobbie Fayes veryveryvery bad day, Bobbie Fayes (kinda sorta not exactly ) family Jewels by Toni McGee Causey, and Six of the Sons of Destiny books by Jean Johnson . So at least I have something to read. Has anyone read any of them?? Thanks for the help.....
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
Image
User avatar
~Linda~
 
Posts: 329
Joined: May 8th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Location: Maryland


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby Lynsay on November 21st, 2008, 7:57 pm

Hugs Linda, feel better soon! And enjoy the break, or at least try too.

Lynsay
Lynsay
User avatar
Lynsay
Site Admin
 
Posts: 992
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 3:14 pm
Location: Ontario


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby Copper on November 22nd, 2008, 5:48 am

feel better soon i hope u get everything sorted and start being able to relaxs and dont worry its only 6 weeks left till 2009 :D
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
User avatar
Copper
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:29 pm
Location: scotland


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby thaliazander on November 22nd, 2008, 2:32 pm

You might want to try this stuff called Bio-Freeze. Most pharmacy's have it now. It's really great. Chiropracters recommend it.
Hope you have a quick recovery!
Veni, Vidi, Velcro- I came, I saw, I stuck around.
User avatar
thaliazander
 
Posts: 11
Joined: May 28th, 2008, 6:29 pm
Location: Sioux Falls South Dakota


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby sin on November 22nd, 2008, 3:47 pm

Linda I feel your pain. Literally. Am so sorry to hear about your accident. Guess we were jealous. *grins* Hubby and I were today also. I hope you feel better. Have a great weekend. Or at least as good as you can.
Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
User avatar
sin
 
Posts: 4637
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Location: Georgia


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby ~Linda~ on November 22nd, 2008, 5:29 pm

Lynsay wrote:Hugs Linda, feel better soon! And enjoy the break, or at least try too.

Lynsay

Thanks Lynsay, at least this time it was just a strain not breaks LOL
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
Image
User avatar
~Linda~
 
Posts: 329
Joined: May 8th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Location: Maryland


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby ~Linda~ on November 22nd, 2008, 5:36 pm

thaliazander wrote:You might want to try this stuff called Bio-Freeze. Most pharmacy's have it now. It's really great. Chiropracters recommend it.
Hope you have a quick recovery!


thaliazander My Dr told me about that, thanks for reminding me. :)
I think the only reason My Doc pulled me outta work is because I work at a grocery store. He said I woudnt get any better till I stopped lifting for a while.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
Image
User avatar
~Linda~
 
Posts: 329
Joined: May 8th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Location: Maryland


Re: I am soooooooo ready for 2008 to be over...........

Postby ~Linda~ on November 22nd, 2008, 5:43 pm

sin wrote:Linda I feel your pain. Literally. Am so sorry to hear about your accident. Guess we were jealous. *grins* Hubby and I were today also. I hope you feel better. Have a great weekend. Or at least as good as you can.[/b]

OK that settles it. Everyone must now put a orange safety cone on there back bumper!!!
Dont be Jealous!! YOU both take care and follow the Dr's instructions. Warm moist heat twice a day, muscle relaxers and anti inflammatories Please take care!Counting down till the end of the year.....
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
Image
User avatar
~Linda~
 
Posts: 329
Joined: May 8th, 2008, 4:59 pm
Location: Maryland

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron