Curio Corner

Curio Corner

Postby Mr Spice on December 1st, 2008, 10:36 am

I thought I'd add a new thread to post something I found this morning which I found interesting. It's an exhibition of photographs of writer's rooms (no, Lynsay's isn't featured) and even though only know of a few of the authors who are featured, I did find the pictures fascinating. The slideshow of some of the pictures in the exhibition is here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7754115.stm

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Re: Curio Corner

Postby Denise on December 2nd, 2008, 12:03 am

Gee whiz! He's right, that one room should be condemned. I'd never get anything productive done in that room. I'd be constantly stopping to try and organize. But I'd be willing to bet that the writer knows exactly where everything in that room is.
Denise

Re: Curio Corner

Postby lisa on December 2nd, 2008, 8:08 pm

Thank you Mr Spice for posting that info on the various authors' studys/ desks. That was very informative. :lol: :lol: No really! I've always heard that creative people are very messy-some of those were actual proof. Or maybe they just created messes (sp?) and then call it art. :shock: I have always been messy and disorganized but some of those pictures take the prize. Other pictures showed offices that were very nicely arranged and neat, with nice furnishings. I was really impressed that one of the authors was so determined to share their work as a writer that they had to overcome back pain by lying almost flat and typing on a laptop. That would get very uncomfortable to me after a while. ( Either that or they dream their books and wake up and type them out? ) Thanks for sharing ! :D
lisa

Return to General Discussion