Hi & Welcome!!

Re: Hi & Welcome!!

Postby susan60625 on December 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Tom you'll soon learn that "epic" posts are part of Wren's charm. She's our forum wordsmith. We all tease her about it, but it is part of the reason we love her!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on December 21st, 2010, 5:33 pm

susan60625 wrote:Tom you'll soon learn that "epic" posts are part of Wren's charm. She's our forum wordsmith. We all tease her about it, but it is part of the reason we love her!

Tom you will see that Sue is right! lol...
Me IM the quiet one... lol.. I post here and there and mostly play the game..
you will probably laugh at me... I tend to talk a lot once you get to know me! lol
rockie
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
SASSy ARGENEAUTS ♥☮☆♪
ImageLive
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby tkw5002 on December 21st, 2010, 6:10 pm

Welcome Tom!!!!! You'll have a lot of fun on the forum!!!!!!!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby wren on December 22nd, 2010, 8:21 am

TomEC wrote:I’d like to thank you all for your wonderful posts making me feel welcome here. Coming on to a forum like this, that is mostly female, really did leave me with mixed feelings. On one hand, I felt outnumbered and on the other hand, male or female, good folks are good folks and there seems to be a great gang here. I don’t have a lot of friends I can talk to about what I read, even though it’s such a huge part of my life, so I think I’m going to have a lot of fun here.

We're glad you see the potential in us. We strive to be just a group of good folks, who enjoy reading and sharing our thoughts on the books we like as well as why certain books aren't for us. We really enjoy becoming friends who support and encourage each other in all aspects of our lives. Some of us have been on Lynsay's forum for three years together. Some of us had been on other "unfriendly" forums...not necessarily other authors forums, but other types too. Because of that, we were determined that Lynsay's forum would reflect her true personality, and you don't get more fun or friendly than Lynsay Sands. It gets quieter around here in the summer, when everyone is in & out with vacations and regular routines are interrupted, but it always picks up when a new book is released or when everyone gets back to their normal work or school routines in the Autumn.

What we have needed is for a few of our male friends to "stick around" and turn "Immortal" so that the other guys who join the forum will know that it's not just for Lynsay's female readers. Lynsay's two best long-time irl friends are both guys...and like a lot of her family & friends, their names have ended up in her books...D.J. in TAV & Justin (aka Bricker,) first introduced in BMIYC...and currently a very popular character. Many of Lynsay's fans are clamoring for his book, while a few of us think it's not quite his time yet.Image

TomEC wrote:Oh and Wren, or should I say princess wren, (am I violating some rule of etiquette by capitalizing names that aren’t capitalized already?) that was epic ! Wow, what a comment! You have all erased any doubts about my welcome here and I hope you will all enjoy my posts as much as I have enjoyed yours.

Why, thank you! Image Your posts have been excellent, and we are already enjoying them so keep on posting!!

I spell wren without a capital such as the chirpy, flighty little bird, but many friends capitalize it & it doesn't bother me either way. (I think most of us feel the same...) My username, which has turned into an actual nickname in my real life, came from my last initial put with the first three letters of Renée when I needed to create an email address for something several years ago. When I signed up on Lynsay's forum, I needed a username, and wren wasn't taken...so voila, here I am! Image :lol: However, you need only address me by my "royal title" if or when you wish Image as it's entirely of my own imagination...being the modest, humble, bashful gal that I am...NOT! Oh well, you'll pick up more on the princess thing as well as a lot of other forum friends nicknames as you go. My teenage sons told me at Halloween that I never outgrew the fairy & princess thing from being a little girl! All I was doing was trying on fairy wings and plastic tiaras, but I guess their opinions are fairly accurate! *giggle* I grew up with two younger sisters (both are on the forum when they can be ~ Gypsy & seashell) & even most of our pets were female (my poor Daddy...no wonder the man worked so much :roll: ) Now I have two sons...however, my cat is female, and she is a very pampered princess!

I've also seen a lot of avatars that say "When other little girls wanted to be a Princess, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire!" Forget that, I'd want to be the Vampire Princess, kwim? Now don't be surprised when you end up with a forum nickname yourself. Image I'm guilty of giving forum friends nicknames based on their interests or forum names after I get to know them, unless they don't want it. Respect is always first around here! However, you usually will get asked by one of us if we think of something that identifies you as part of "the official forum," or it may be that some of your creative interests lead you to form your own nickname. As for how my sweetheart became my frog prince, well my irl sister Gypsy posted it, so just search her posts and you'll find it. Until he finally took me to DisneyWorld three years ago, he was my Amphibian! <grin> I've already dubbed your Theresa as "Tom's Sunshine" or "Sunny Theresa" just based on how you talk about her. Image

You'll also notice that a lot of us refer to each other as "sis" or "sisters" and such...that's because we have become so close, with some of us even having the chance to meet in person, that we feel like sisters. As well as talk about the books, we truly support each others real lives! We'll be encouraging you in your photography and anything else you choose to share with us! We've needed a "brother" on our fabulous forum for a long time...maybe you'll feel comfortable in that role eventually.

As for you, do you want us to call you Tom, Thomas, or TomEC starting out? Image

TomEC wrote:I don’t know how long it will take for this post to get posted but it’s time to get down to what I’m here for and comment on Lynsay’s books. In my case, the Argeneau series.

By all means...and please join us on the games, too! 8-) Let the discussions, theories, and speculation begin...the more you post, the more Lynsay & admin Terri will see that you are here for the reason our forum exists, and the faster you'll be officially "turned."

♥ wren
wren

Postby wren on December 22nd, 2010, 8:28 am

Tom, there is a thread on the General Discussion to tell what your avatar & signature is about & why you picked it. I find it interesting to find out why people choose what they do. It just gives us more insight about one another, too!

Lately, adding glittery signatures or our names in other ways have been a big thing, as well as a fave quote. I just changed my usual "fairy-princess & frog prince" that I use most often to the purple pretty princess that is my avatar now. Still need to add a quote. As for the AE4 & AEA that you see on some signatures...I'll find the very lonnnnnggg post that explains how that fun all came about so you can read it. :D
wren

Postby TomEC on December 23rd, 2010, 5:27 am

wren wrote:As for you, do you want us to call you Tom, Thomas, or TomEC starting out?

Well, everyone calls me Tom. Which is okay. I’m certainly not above simply being known as Tom.

The thing is though, while it’s true that I’m used to being called Tom, I actually enjoy being addressed by my full name. The only ones who ever do that are my Mom and Theresa. I guess I’ve never suggested it to my friends before because I didn’t want them to think I was getting above myself. What other reason would I have to rebel against a lifelong tradition.

Still, I like my full name. My brothers and sister were all named to honor relatives, both first and middle names for maximum coverage. When I was born, Mom was in a bit of a whimsical mood so she decided to name me after Thomas Edison (though my middle name is actually Edward). I’ve always thought that was kind of cool.

I also have very fond memories of my Gramma calling me, in her thick Dutch accent, Thōmus. Whenever I think of that, I am reminded of the taste of gouda cheese and milk fresh from the cow as well as the rugged beauty of the West Kootenay region of British Columbia where their farm was.

So, now that you mention it, go ahead and call me Thomas. If I have the same name as a better looking guy with nanos, that’s fine with me.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein
TomEC

Postby Denise on December 23rd, 2010, 12:41 pm

Tom, YES, we read the Quirky Quetions and such...
TomEC wrote:17) If you were a bug, what would you be? A Volkswagen.

I do believe that's the best answer I've ever seen for that one! LOL
Denise

Postby wren on December 23rd, 2010, 12:59 pm

Denise wrote:Tom, YES, we read the Quirky Quetions and such...

Ditto! :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on January 4th, 2011, 6:19 pm

TomEC wrote:
wren wrote:As for you, do you want us to call you Tom, Thomas, or TomEC starting out?

Well, everyone calls me Tom. Which is okay. I’m certainly not above simply being known as Tom.

The thing is though, while it’s true that I’m used to being called Tom, I actually enjoy being addressed by my full name. The only ones who ever do that are my Mom and Theresa. I guess I’ve never suggested it to my friends before because I didn’t want them to think I was getting above myself. What other reason would I have to rebel against a lifelong tradition.

Still, I like my full name. My brothers and sister were all named to honor relatives, both first and middle names for maximum coverage. When I was born, Mom was in a bit of a whimsical mood so she decided to name me after Thomas Edison (though my middle name is actually Edward). I’ve always thought that was kind of cool.

I also have very fond memories of my Gramma calling me, in her thick Dutch accent, Thōmus. Whenever I think of that, I am reminded of the taste of gouda cheese and milk fresh from the cow as well as the rugged beauty of the West Kootenay region of British Columbia where their farm was.

So, now that you mention it, go ahead and call me Thomas. If I have the same name as a better looking guy with nanos, that’s fine with me.

Okay, Thomas it is!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on January 5th, 2011, 3:19 pm

wren wrote:
Denise wrote:Tom, YES, we read the Quirky Quetions and such...

Ditto! :D

One of my fondest childhood memories is of watching “The Love Bug” at the theater. It was a big deal to go to the “show” back then. I can still hear the music in my head that they played whenever Herbie was chewing up the competition in another race.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion