Hi & Welcome!!

Re: Hi & Welcome!!

Postby terri on July 13th, 2011, 9:57 am

HI Sylvia, linthidium and dawnfire. You are so welcome here on the forum.

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Denise on July 15th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Welcome lindithium and Bernard (whose post I missed, somewhere).

ETA: Ah, now I found you, Bernard. Was confused between Bernard and tilafiewaws. Welcome.
Denise

Postby TomEC on July 16th, 2011, 9:57 am

I'd like to say welcome to all the new ones I missed lately. Haven't exactly been on the ball there. Summer. Busy.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby lindithium on July 21st, 2011, 11:43 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and thank you for the advice Susan60625. I will answer the getting to know you, and quirky questions.

Why do bad apples always have to ruin if for the rest of us?
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby sin on January 18th, 2012, 11:58 am

Welcome Kathleen :) and to all of our other new turns..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on January 19th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Kathleen.B wrote:I always get call Kath or Kathy or in my uncle and sister's case Staffy (my uncle has a staffordshire bull terrier mix and got told his 'my' cousin and we look alike) my name use to call me Kitty Kat. my other sister and her boyfriend have other names for me such as Megan, Meg , Lloyd or their favourite Megloid, all after Meg griffin from family guy.

I have never been called kat or pussy cat or anything like that. i think people are scared to call me by a nickname as i insist my name is Kathleen even to family. I say 'my name is Kathleen, its on my birth certificate i should know'.

I see that you have already been welcomed by several of our regulars, Kathleen. But let me welcome you as well. And congrats on being turned Immortal so quickly.

My name is also Kathleen tho I prefer Kath or Kathy. Never been called Kat for which I'm glad but I have been called other things like Katarina (don't know why) or Kate.

Do you get all the same misspellings I've gotten over the years? Especially, starting it with a "C" instead of a "K" or the addition of an extra letter in the middle (Katheleen or Kathaleen, etc)? Just a pet peeve of mine.
Kath

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 19th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Hehe, Kath, I hate when people misspell my name too. Funny thing is, my name IS Spelled with a C and has an extra letter in the Middle. I Have to spell it for everyone. It's C-a-t-h-a-l-i-n-e. And I also preffer being called Cathy, although most people on this forum just call me GND :P
grlnxtdr29

Postby Kath on January 19th, 2012, 9:43 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Hehe, Kath, I hate when people misspell my name too. Funny thing is, my name IS Spelled with a C and has an extra letter in the Middle. I Have to spell it for everyone. It's C-a-t-h-a-l-i-n-e. And I also preffer being called Cathy, although most people on this forum just call me GND :P

LOL!! :lol:
So I guess they misspell yours with a "K" and leave out the extra letter??? Just the opposite of what they do to mine... :roll: :?
Kath

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 20th, 2012, 5:09 pm

LOL, Yup! Most people mispronounce it, too. It's Cath-A-leen, not Cath-leen, or the most common mispronounciation, Cath-O-Line (Like Caroline). That's why I just tell most people to call me Cathy.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Kath on January 24th, 2012, 8:56 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:LOL, Yup! Most people mispronounce it, too. It's Cath-A-leen, not Cath-leen, or the most common mispronounciation, Cath-O-Line (Like Caroline). That's why I just tell most people to call me Cathy.

Same here but in reverse. lol I get Kath-a-leen instead of Kath-leen. And those are the ones who at least come close to it. Oh well.
Kath

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion