Quirky Question Replies

Re: Quirky Question Replies

Postby Stauri on May 20th, 2008, 9:55 am

ceeceebullett - Finland huh. I spent several summers in Finland, my Dad would go over there to work when I was a kid during the summer months. His company would send him over there. Don't remember much though, but I remember the country being beautiful and the people there were awfully nice.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby ceeceebullet on May 24th, 2008, 2:08 pm

Stauri wrote:ceeceebullett - Finland huh. I spent several summers in Finland, my Dad would go over there to work when I was a kid during the summer months. His company would send him over there. Don't remember much though, but I remember the country being beautiful and the people there were awfully nice.

Yes, Finland. I love the country. Someday I plan on visiting the Northern Lights. Lauri Ylonen from The Rasmus writes about them in his lyrics sometimes. I have a couple friends from Finland. Three in a band (WidsScreen Mode, Coleman Bogey, and Happiness) and talking to them is cool. I love the accents, lol. My love for Finnish music has grown since I was introduced to TR back in 2006 and I can't get enough of it. That's really cool about you visiting. My friend Juho from Coleman Bogey told me if I visit that I can shack up with him at his flat, lol. Someday I'll see it for my own eyes. :)
.x. CeeCee .x.
{ Agent Squeakster of the Fiction Police }
"When you're sad and no one knows it...I'll send you black roses"
ceeceebullet

Postby Stauri on May 28th, 2008, 11:31 am

That's great I hope you get to someday.

Stauri

Postby Stauri on May 29th, 2008, 11:47 am

Alyssa321 - I noticed on your Quirky Questions Reply that you love Horses because of the theraputic benefits to your daughter. It's always great to hear that, when I moved to Texas I cried because I had to give up my horses, I had two. I wouldn't sell them because I didn't know how they would be treated, so I donated them to the local disability facility which I had volunteered at and when I go home I sometimes stop by to see them. They get better care there than they ever got from me, I swear they would be domesticated it they could get them into a house. :D

They are so happy, and get constant love and affection from all the kids and adults that use the facility from the center. I'm so glad you to hear your daughter gets to have that special bond with those animals.

Stauri

Postby Alyssa321 on May 29th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Stauri, Thanks! It's great that you could donate your horses to help the special angels :) Sorry you had give them up, I know how difficult that is, I grew up on a ranch, and now I wish I still lived there! Hippotherapy is the only therapy working for my daughter now, most of her therapist's have given up, but me and her Hippotherapist are actually the ones that are striving to improve her now. She was actually terrified of the horses but now after 3 months she loves to pet them.
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. ~Kahlil
Alyssa321

Postby Stauri on May 29th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Alyssa321, It was nothing really, I saw how much my cousin came out of her shell after being around them, it just felt like the right thing to do. She's in her 60's now (and the oldest at the center), but I swear she acts my age when she's around the horses.

I'm sure you have noticed a difference in her since she started Hippotherapy, and you'll see even more as she gets accustomed to them. They are such gentle caring creatures. I wish your daughter much progress, keep me up to date. :)

Stauri

Postby Copper on May 29th, 2008, 7:53 pm

love horses but im very upset coz i had to give up my lesons because i came to uni and dont have the money :(
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Jodi on May 29th, 2008, 8:19 pm

I've never been on a horse myself but last summer my daughter got the chance and she loved it.
Jodi

Postby shaashaine on May 30th, 2008, 3:43 am

I've read in some books that there is a Western and English style..
whats the difference? and is there any other style?
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby Copper on May 30th, 2008, 4:55 am

i dont reallyknow whats the diffrence but i know i learn the english style
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion