having a down day

Re: having a down day

Postby TomEC on June 8th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Get well soon, GND. Infection sucks. It's bad enough what happened to Susan without losing more of us to the sickbed.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on July 2nd, 2012, 4:06 pm

I think, when things are going well, it's easy to forget how our lives and well-being are hanging by such a thin thread. All the different ones lately, right here on the forum who are dealing with health issues, reminded me of that. Now my Mom, who has been suffering from chronic health problems for years, is in the hospital, in pain, as we wait anxiously to find out what the problem is this time. She got so bad, they had to ship her up to Saskatoon. My wife and sister up there sitting with her today and my brother and I will be up there tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to hearing the latest, as the news never seems to be very good. I wonder if, this time, we're going to lose her. I hate to sound lame, as I know my experience is not unique, (Poor Thomas! Orphaned at 48.) but I hate to imagine a world without my Mom in it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 2nd, 2012, 5:53 pm

I am sorry, Tom. I know how scary it can be losing a Parent. It's been 7 years since my Mother passed away, and I still miss her every day, and made even more difficult because i never got to say good Bye. I Hope your Mother gets better!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on July 3rd, 2012, 10:05 am

Thomas, please know that you, your Mother and the rest of your family are in my prayers! Believe me I know what being in a hospital is like. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on July 10th, 2012, 11:18 am

This isn't exactly a down day post but it is a continuation of my previous post on this thread. I just wanted to mention that my Mom is doing better. She gave us a scare, but she seems to be on the upswing. Of course, she's not out of the woods yet… actually I think she's taken up permanent residence in the woods so all we can really do is make the best of it. Anyway, I hope everyone here is having a good day.
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 14th, 2012, 7:58 am

I'm glad to hear your Mother is doing Better, Tom.

Meanwhile, Hubby is in the Hospital again. Not sure what is going on yet, as my Mother in Law drove him to the ER Late last night, and when she called at 2 am, said he was at the Hospital on This side of the river, but when I tried calling this Morning, I was told that he'd been transferred Across the River and was in the ICU, but they didn't have any news on his condition, and he wasn't able to answer the phone in his room...

(BTW, that Would be the Mississippi River for those who don't know. We live on the Illinois side, and he is in the Hospital on the Iowa side...)
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on July 14th, 2012, 8:59 am

Hang in there gnd. Sickness can turn our lives upside-down but we can get through it.
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 14th, 2012, 11:10 am

OK, so I Have an Update on Hubby now. On top of minor complications (Popped 3 stitches while vomiting, after having a Hienal Hernia{sp?} repaired) from the surgery he had almost a Month ago now, He has developed pancriatitus (sp?), and has a minor blockage in the lower intestine that has caused problems with going to the bathroom. There is also some question as to wether his gall bladder is functioning properly. The test they did for that was inconclusive. They also think something he ate may have caused some problems with his stomach, because it was Bloated. They stuck a needle in his belly to relieve some pressure, and he said it smelled so bad the nurse, who is six months pregnant, gagged...
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 15th, 2012, 12:31 pm

OK, Got good news. They did another test on Hubby's Gall Bladder, and it IS working, although not at 100%. They said it is doing about 95%, which is acceptable. They think that once he recovers from the surgery and the other complications, it should start working at 100% again. They are probably going to move him out of the ICU into a regular room later today, and they are going to try and give him liquids and soft foods to see if he can eat without vomiting. He'll Probably be in the Hospital till Tuesday or wednesday atleast...
grlnxtdr29

Postby Lynsay on July 25th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Well I'm glad things have turned around both for your mom, Tom, and your hubby, grlnxtdr. It's so hard when loved ones are sick. I know I worry like crazy when that happens. Hugs to you both

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion