having a down day

Re: having a down day

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 3rd, 2011, 7:21 am

I was wishing we had a recliner last night, but unfortunately we don't. Hubby has a Hienal Hernia (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong), but they aren't sure if it was that that was the problem last night, or if he had a mild Heart attack, or if he just got too hot. I'm waiting to hear the results of the blood tests they did, as well as a few other tests they had planned for this morning. In the meantime, my poor Daughter doesn't understand that it really hurt me when she tried to climb into my lap to give me a Hug this morning, and now she is looking at me as if I didn't love her anymore :(.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Lynsay on August 8th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Good Lord Gnd! Leave you alone for a couple weeks and all heck breaks loose. My condolences on your Uncle. And then your Gall bladder operation on top of that. I'm very glad they got it when they did, but sorry you're suffering. The last thing you needed was hubby on top of that. If things come in threes, surely that will be the end of it and life will settle down for a while for you now. And if life balances out in the end as I think it does, then you have a whole lot of good in store for you in the future.

Hugs
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 9th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Thanks Lynsay, and everyone else. Doing much better today. Only taken one half dose of pain meds today. Might take the other half later, depending on how I do after dinner, Sometimes eating makes the pain worse. Finally got my appetite back yesterday. Mostly was just thirsty after the operation, and only able to eat a few bites before couldn't eat anymore. Still drinking more than usual, but able to eat a nearly full meal now.

BTW, as for Hubby's trip to the Hospital, well, I really don't want to go into details now, but let's just say it wasn't neccessary.
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on August 9th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Well, it's nice to hear there's progress.

ER false alarms do happen. I had one myself last month. The chest pain was so bad that, even though I was sure it was my acid reflux acting up, I was scared enough to go to the hospital and have it checked out. Turned out my lower esophagus was spasming like a snake in a bear trap. It was the worst attack of acid reflux I'd ever had. It was no heart attack but it's better to be safe than too dead to be sorry.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 10th, 2011, 9:31 pm

His wasn't a false alarm, it was an attempt to steal attention away from me. Anytime I am sick or in pain, he suddenly gets sicker, or is having a lot more pain than me. He constantly has to be the center of attention. I'm doubled over in pain from Surgery, so Suddenly he has difficulty breathing and his chest hurts (BTW, his chest always hurts. He has an irregular heartbeat that causes a steady low grade pain, but it is not life threatening). Yes, he has a Hyenal Hernia, and a severe one at that, but he chose not to have the surgery months ago. Now they say he has to get it soon. Perhaps once he has the surgery he'll understand exactly what kind of pain I was in, but I doubt it. Maybe if I make him fix his own dinner and take care of the kids after his surgery Like he made me do he'll figure it out, but I doubt it.

Am I being Selfish, or is He? I've had the pain for almost 15 years. He only developed his hernia a few years ago. And even before he got the hernia, he never wanted to hear about the pain I was suffering. Anytime I mentioned it, he would start talking about any little ache he had as if his pain was more important than mine.

Oh, and I almost passed out again, and once again he didn't bother to get off the computer to see if I was OK.
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on August 10th, 2011, 10:37 pm

TomEC wrote:Well, it's nice to hear there's progress.

ER false alarms do happen. I had one myself last month. The chest pain was so bad that, even though I was sure it was my acid reflux acting up, I was scared enough to go to the hospital and have it checked out. Turned out my lower esophagus was spasming like a snake in a bear trap. It was the worst attack of acid reflux I'd ever had. It was no heart attack but it's better to be safe than too dead to be sorry.

Those kind of acid reflux attacks can feel like a heart attack. :cry: Also, you might feel like it's the 'usual' acid relux acting up, when it may really be another problem, like a gall bladder rupturing. I've known two people who had normal test results, and then had to have emergency surgery. Since acid reflux can mask many other problems, it's always best to be safe & get it checked out to be sure. :)
wren

Postby rockie on August 12th, 2011, 12:43 pm

so we just found out that my sister in laws mother died today... So much for a good birthday! :( :roll:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby susan60625 on August 12th, 2011, 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear that, Rockie! I'll keep my family in my prayers! :(
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on August 12th, 2011, 3:51 pm

rockie wrote:so we just found out that my sister in laws mother died today... So much for a good birthday! :( :roll:

Rockie, it sounds like we had the same kind of birthday. I did get to enjoy mine yesterday, but I found out this morning that a dear, sweet person to me passed away yesterday, my sister-in-laws niece. She was only 14 years old and had battled cancer for a few years, she passed away due to some complications. :cry: It seems that my birthday has a sort of curse on it. In 2003 on Aug. 8, my hubby and I got engaged, that evening my Grandfather lost his fight with Dementia, his burial service was Aug. 11, my birthday. 2004, on my birthday, my husband's uncle (he was more like a brother) passed away very unexpectedly. 2005, my uncle had congested heart failure and had to have surgery, thank goodness he made it through, but gave us all one heck of a scare. My birthday seems to be more of a dooms day. I am so very sorry to hear about your SIL's mother, Rockie; my prayers are with the family.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on August 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm

My condolences to both of you and your families.

It seems that tragedy has no regard for what day it is. When you think of it, death is an enemy that devastates us the same no matter when it strikes. When Theresa's little sister lost her fight against kidney disease at age 17, it felt like the whole world would become a dark, joyless place. Yet, life went on about its business and somebody out there was having a happy day. Joy and grief seem so mutually exclusive and yet they mix so freely. Even as we laugh and celebrate, we still feel the empty places where people should be.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion