⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Re: having a down day

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Rocky. For two years in a Row (2004 and 2005) Mother's day was not a good day for me. My Grandmother died shortly after Mother's, but I always associate her passing with Mother's day because that year I was late sending her her card, and I never knew if she recieved it or not. Then a Year later, ON Mother's day, my Mother Passed away. The following Mother's day (2006), I was fairly depressed, Having lost the two most important women in my Life around that time. Little did I know at the time that I would soon be a Mother myself. I got pregnant sometime around Mother's day that year. So I know how Bittersweet certain days can be.
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 16th, 2011, 8:57 pm

So Friday I had my post surgery Check up. Everything was great. I was almost back to 100%, Doctor lifted all restrictions (Of course I had been picking the kids up for a week before that without a problem). Saturday night, I Sneezed. Twice. Half hour later, I was in pain. An hour after that I had a glass of Iced tea, and that REALLY hurt. Woke up Sunday in so much pain I could barely walk across the room. Went to the ER, thinking they would say I pulled a muscle or something, and I would be home later that afternoon. Unfortunately, it wasn't a pulled Muscle. I'd popped a stitch, and sprung a leak. They had to put a stent in to block it. They did that Monday. I thought I would get to go home that night, but no, they made me stay until 7pm tonight (Tuesday). Feeling even better now than I was on Friday, except on the stairs. Still hurts a little to go up and down the stairs. So that was my Weekend. How was yours?
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on August 16th, 2011, 11:21 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote: So that was my Weekend. How was yours?

I'll go out on a limb and say it was better then that. Just keep your eyes on the prize! You are recovering.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby jill on September 7th, 2011, 2:52 pm

been without a job for the last 2 months...it feels so weird being home alone posting on the internet in the middle of the day.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby lisa on September 14th, 2011, 5:16 am

Hang in there Jill!( You can keep us updated if any new info comes up on excerpts of the newer books! ) My brother n law was out of work for 2 years.
lisa

Postby susan60625 on September 20th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Well, I had a rough weekend! I was back in the stone age! In my building, we have been complaining about not having enough laundry facilities for almost 100 units. So, Friday, they decided to add more machines to our laundry room. Unfortunately, that room is also where many of the electric meters for several of the apartments are located. Well, the installers weren't exactly careful when they were installing the new machines and proceeded to damage several of the electric meters. One of these was mine! I had NO electricity for the entire weekend! I had to call information to call my parents because since they moved I never memorized their new phone number and just had it programmed into my phone. With no electricity, my regular phones did NOT work. None of my clocks worked. I told time by the sun. It was either light or dark. Dark meant going to bed and light meant reading! I had nothing new, so I re-read four of my Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake's books! I didn't even know what had happened in the Bears game until the next day! I'm finally back on line! It only took two days to get through my email! I did get lucky on one point, however. I ran into my neighbor while throwing out my garbage. It turns out he didn't lose his electricity, so he let me put my perishables from my refrigerator and freezer in his! He said that he had plenty of room. All he ever kept in there was beer. He either eats out or orders in all his meals. His only demand was a home-cooked dinner. I think I can handle that! Too bad, he's only about 22-years-old and gay!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 20th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Well, of course he had to be gay! There are no chivalrous straight unmarried men left in the world (I had to add the Unmarried part so as not to upset our Tom ;) ). My sister in law was telling me earlier that she had a flat tire in the rain yesterday, and not a single one of the twenty or so men who passed by her offered to help. Finally a woman stopped to offer help, and the lady was 9 months Pregnant!
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on June 8th, 2012, 4:47 pm

I spent 5 hours in the ER today. I got seen pretty quickly, since there were only 2 people in front of me, and it only took about an hour for them to figure out I had strep throat (Which I already knew, as Daughter had it last week). What took so long was the fact that I was having so much trouble swallowing they decided to do a CT scan to make certain there wasn't something constricting my esophogus. That took about 3 hours to get the results, and then they gave me some antibiotics thru an IV. I actually fell asleep during that, which is good, cause I didn't get any sleep at all last night.
grlnxtdr29

Postby MysticFan on June 8th, 2012, 5:26 pm

So sorry, GND. Strep is so awful! My son has not been well for a few days, I ended up taking to see his doctor yesterday. He has strep, an ear infection, and a nasty head cold. Needless to say, we were loaded down with meds, but I'm thankful he is on the mend now. I hope you start feeling better soon!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion