What we're reading

Re: What we're reading

Postby sin on September 30th, 2013, 1:24 pm

I have them on my list now but I have no idea when I will have the time to read their books.
I try not to start new series because I already have to many ;) but there is allways just one exception... or two or three... ;) :D

[/quote]

That is how I got hooked on Alexandra & Laura. A friend posted a book and it look SO good. Next thing you know I read them all up to day. One series & author at a time tho.. lol

There are so dar 8 books coming out this month 5 tomorrow. Sheesh when will I find the time..{{shakes head}}

I just finished A SEAL Wolf Christmas by Terry Spear.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 30th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Currently reading anthology called The Crafters about a magical Family and how they survived Salem and other trials through out the centuries. And I recently found the sequel to it, too, which I've never read before. The stories are quite interesting and humorous. I love the first story where the first Member of the Family in the New World manages to trap Death....
grlnxtdr29

Postby nightmare on October 10th, 2013, 5:01 am

Yesterday I started Forever Charmed by Rose Pressey but although it has its fun moments, I kind of hoped to get to the end faster so I can read something else. There is a second and a third book in this series, but I think I will not read them. Maybe it was just not the right day for the book. Maybe I should stick to the series by her I really like and stop trying a new one. It was the third time this happend with one of her books. :(
I am not sure if I should finish the book or read something else. What would you do? :?:

But I know this my next books are Secrets Collide by Kathleen Brooks and Haunted by Death by Dale Mayer :D
I can't decide which I want to read first ;) :D
"Have you talked to her?"
"What would you have had me say Bastien? Oh, I'm sorry Inez. I didn't mean to bite you, my fangs slipped.”
― Lynsay Sands, Vampires Are Forever
nightmare

Postby sin on October 10th, 2013, 6:48 am

I am reading Bastion book 5 in the Collegium Chronicles by Mercedes Lackey

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby WonderlandBeat1990 on October 13th, 2013, 8:19 pm

I have, within the last 7 days, re-read through 5 very lovely books;
AQB - LB - SWV - TD&H - ABTR and am now about to start BMIYC
like within the next hour or so. I haven't re-read through in a little
more than a year so I thought it was about time.

Though I must say, I kind of could understand a bit of Jackie's surprise
and why she gaped at the woman when Marguerite said she was interested
in detective work and would partner up with Tiny while Jackie was busy.
If you think about it, with Marguerite partnered up with Tiny that would
mean she was working at least partly under the Morrisey agency.

Also makes me wonder what has happened with her interest in detective
work over the last books, you hardly hear anything about it if anything.
I love all the books but the ones where she was doing detective work
made me smile and laugh all the more.
WonderlandBeat1990

Postby nightmare on October 23rd, 2013, 4:59 am

I read Secrets Collide by Kathleen Brooks and it was great. I really like all her Bluegrass books.

Yesterday I started Under a Vampire Moon and could not stop until I finished it.
So now I am tired but happy but also a little sad because the next book will be out in February (german release).
And I have to wait. I hate waiting for the next book in a series ;)
"Have you talked to her?"
"What would you have had me say Bastien? Oh, I'm sorry Inez. I didn't mean to bite you, my fangs slipped.”
― Lynsay Sands, Vampires Are Forever
nightmare

Postby Denise on December 12th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Listened to the "Vows" quartet, by Nora Roberts. Really enjoyed them and I'm not a huge Nora fan. Her books have been hit or miss for me. But these four were nice.

Anyone ever read Debbie Macomber? I am currently listening to the first in the Cedar Cove series. Has anyone else read this series? Have a question, if you have. Are they all like this first one, a mish-mash of stories bundled up into one, sort of like a soap opera? I'm not fond of the style. There are at least five story arcs in the one book.

Re-listened to the David Eddings Belgariad and Mallorean. Sigh. Wish I could find a new to me author that I like as much as these or Lynsay or Lynn Kurland. Guess I'll just have to reread the Argeneaus, again.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on December 12th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Denise wrote:Listened to the "Vows" quartet, by Nora Roberts. Really enjoyed them and I'm not a huge Nora fan. Her books have been hit or miss for me. But these four were nice.

Anyone ever read Debbie Macomber? I am currently listening to the first in the Cedar Cove series. Has anyone else read this series? Have a question, if you have. Are they all like this first one, a mish-mash of stories bundled up into one, sort of like a soap opera? I'm not fond of the style. There are at least five story arcs in the one book.

Re-listened to the David Eddings Belgariad and Mallorean. Sigh. Wish I could find a new to me author that I like as much as these or Lynsay or Lynn Kurland. Guess I'll just have to reread the Argeneaus, again.

Have you tried reading Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampire series? They are really good! I know I'm slightly prejudiced because it's set here in my hometown, but the storyline is really good. I got Tom to read them and he enjoys them as well. I'd love to have others to talk to about it.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on December 13th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Most of my reading, lately, is listening since I don't have a lot of time to sit down with a book. But I'll pull the first one from the library and give it a go. Also need to try Victoria Roberts's Highland books.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on December 13th, 2013, 4:59 pm

I really hope you like it. I get nervous when I make a recommendation. :shock: The first book in the series is Some Girls Bite. Welcome to Cadogan House (you'll soon understand the reference! ;) ) BTW, they are available in Audio.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion