What we're reading

Re: What we're reading

Postby TomEC on January 24th, 2014, 1:13 pm

susan60625 wrote:I fell in love with Mercy about 3 books into the series (although I really think it is Adam that I fell for! :lol: ). I'm on pins and needles waiting for the new one! And, I've now got Hunting Ground, the second full novel in the A&O series sitting in my library TBR pile! I'm really liking Anna & Charles together.

I know exactly what you’re saying about book 3. I think that’s when the series went up a couple notches for me. What happened to Mercy in that book was heartrending and when Ben made that impassioned speech to Adam on her behalf, quite unexpectedly, I got so choked up and teary-eyed that I had to read it a couple times. I've rarely ever been so moved by a story, though it’s happened a few times with Lynsay's books. I can hardly recommend any book more highly than that that. Anybody who turns someone who’s read as many books as I have into a bowl of emotional jelly has, in my opinion, achieved the Holy Grail of fiction writing and has given me my money's worth and then some.

I think you’ll love the Alpha and Omega books. Charles and Anna really are great together and make a great team.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on January 31st, 2014, 8:16 pm

I've been listening to Lauren Willig's "Pink Carnation" series. They are sort of double stories. A contemporary woman is doing research on the aristocracy's "spy" activities during the Napoleonic era. As she searches for information, she discovers letters about people involved and it goes into those stories, interrupted every now and then with her modern romance with a descendant of one of the historic characters. I've really been enjoying them and my library has all but the newest!

Also re-listening to the Contemporary books in Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane series. Love those, too.
Denise

Postby sin on February 18th, 2014, 10:36 am

Read Vampire Most Wanted early this morning. I LOVE my Nook :D Will be re-reading as soon as I get back from B&N. For some reason the cover did NOT download :(

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on February 24th, 2014, 5:15 pm

I've been reading Keri Arthur's Dark Angels series and Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series.
Kath

Postby Kath on March 16th, 2014, 11:50 pm

But now that I finally got my hands on Lynsay's Vampire Most Wanted, I put the others aside for now. Loving it so far. When I finish it, I can finally join it on the spoiler thread!
Kath

Postby susan60625 on March 17th, 2014, 10:33 am

I have found a new-to-me series that is a lot of fun reading. I've only read the first book, but it left me wanting much, much more! It is the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison. Great characters, fun world.

I also have to mention again the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. The first book was a little heavy on the sex, but since then she is more character driven and so hysterical that I laugh so much that it takes me longer to read these books than it should!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby nightmare on April 10th, 2014, 4:58 am

susan60625 wrote:I also have to mention again the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. The first book was a little heavy on the sex, but since then she is more character driven and so hysterical that I laugh so much that it takes me longer to read these books than it should!

Susan, I know what you mean about laughing, I think everyone around me thinks I am nuts when I read those books because I laugh so much. One of my favorite of the Pride series is Beast Behaving Badly. I had to read it twice before I could read the next book.

I read some of Katie Reus Red Stone Security series and Mary Burtons Texas Rangers.
The first two books of Men of Wolf Creek by Carla Cassidy.
The Castle Mountain Lodge series by Elena Aitken.
And every Copper Mountain book I could get, this is a series by different authors.

But last monday I kind of fell in love with the Faerie Tale Collection by Jenni James and since then
I read seven of the nine books. Now I can't decide which book I like the most, The Frog Prince,
Beauty and the Beast, Rumplestiltskin or Cinderella.
But maybe Hansel and Gretel or Jack and the Beanstalk will surprise me and maybe they are even better.
I will see... very soon... as soon as I will logout ;)
"Have you talked to her?"
"What would you have had me say Bastien? Oh, I'm sorry Inez. I didn't mean to bite you, my fangs slipped.”
― Lynsay Sands, Vampires Are Forever
nightmare

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 10th, 2014, 5:19 pm

I've been rereading Christine Feehan's Dark series. I finally had enough credits to buy all but three of the books for my Nook, and Hope to get those next month. After I finish those I'm going to do a reread of Lynsay's Argeneaus and then JR Wards BDB series. Then I'll probably do Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake Books.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Denise on April 28th, 2014, 3:51 pm

I've just finished a re-read of the Pride books. Those, and her Dragon Kin books under the G. A. Aiken pen name, are my guilty pleasures. She so fun to read.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on April 28th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Denise wrote:I've just finished a re-read of the Pride books. Those, and her Dragon Kin books under the G. A. Aiken pen name, are my guilty pleasures. She so fun to read.

I've read all of the Pride books now except the last one "Bite Me," which I'm waiting for from the library. Once I'm done with that one, I'm going to start the Dragon Kin series. They really are hysterical!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion