What we're reading

Re: What we're reading

Postby jill on May 18th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I know. We only have a couple weeks that what I keep repeating in my head. I am guessing that V's you favorite brother right?

I love Z myself but I am dying to find out about Phury. June can not come quickly enough!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Kelli on May 18th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I finally got to read Kresley Cole's two newest Dark Needs at Night's EdgeandDark Desires After Dusk they were freaking great! Very sexy. I can't wait for more but I don't have any idea who or what she'll be writing about next.
I also got to read The Sorceress of Belmair by Bertrice Small. So now I am trying Dark Fever by Karen Moning then I will read BloodFever I think it's a series? Then maybe I will try some light reading by Lynsay. Right now for some reason I've been wanting darker and more I guess you would call it thorough reading? Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I can't wait for Janet Evanovich's book either Shaa 8-)

KeL

Kelli

Postby Denise on May 18th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Kelli wrote:So now I am trying Dark Fever by Karen Moning then I will read BloodFever I think it's a series?

Kelli, go back and read the Dark Highlander books by Moning. There are 8 I think, but especially the last four or five. They lead into the DarkFever books and are VERY worth your time. Great books. Check her website for all the titles and reading order.
Denise

Postby Kelli on May 19th, 2008, 9:14 am

Denise,

They are related? I read them and wow I loved em. I figured they would be more sensual but not so much but they are still great. Anyway, her website is a pain in the arse it never wants to load but I am going to look into it, I know she has a highlander series just never read it saw something about "time travel" and those aren't always my faves.

KeL

Kelli

Postby Denise on May 19th, 2008, 11:34 am

Kelli, in the last three or four Dark Highlander books a theme has been emerging about the quest to find Fae artifacts. The book that MacKayla is searching for is one of them. Also, one of the MacKelter family, Christian, becomes part of the story in Bloodfever. I will admit that I liked the Highlander books better, but the Fever books are growing on me, I'll keep reading from the library for now. I'm not usually that crazy about books that have the same heroine for several books. I like to see an HEA in each book and we won't be getting that with the Fever books for a while.
Denise

Postby jill on May 19th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Phoebe - I love the In Death series by JD Robb. I just picked her newest Creation in Death. But haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby sin on May 20th, 2008, 6:39 am

Getting ready to read Child of Darkness by V. C. Andrews. After that 4 others.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on May 20th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Okay, on my re-read, I've finished A Bite To Remember and now in the middle of Bite Me If You Can.
Denise

Postby Copper on May 21st, 2008, 5:54 am

guess what i got Love Bites back and im re-reading it tonight
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby ~Linda~ on May 22nd, 2008, 10:48 am

jill wrote:Linda you are gonna love BDB series. It is a little darker though. The latest is coming out in June and I am waiting with patiently (not) :roll:

Jill it was awesome. I have all of them in my tbr pile. woot JR was awesome, she signed all my books. Even the ones I have two of. Cause I have my hardbacks too. So obsessive. I just ordered Lover Enshrined from Rhapsody yesterday.
Now I am reading Because your vampire said so by Michele Bardsley
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion