What we're reading

Re: What we're reading

Postby jill on May 22nd, 2008, 10:33 pm

Linda you have an autographed versions of the BDB? I am green with envy girl. :mrgreen:

I actually just finished Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas. Was really good.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby wren on May 23rd, 2008, 5:22 am

Just finished rereading To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn, the story of Eloise Bridgerton and Sir Phillip Crane. I love the Bridgerton series. I'm also reading The Heiress Brides trilogy by Celeste Bradley. I just got the last book this week.Image
wren

Postby Jodi on May 23rd, 2008, 3:09 pm

I just finished reading The Legend MacKinnon by Donna Kauffman, loved this book! I had first heard of this book as it was a recommended read by Nora Roberts and I had been looking for it and finally found it at the flea market here. it is about a 300 year old curse set on 3 scottish brothers, the MacKinnons, one is a ghost, one is immortal and one was sent thru time and they all meet up with the descendants of the 3 Claren women who cursed them.

I am now starting the Highlander Untamed a 3 book series by Monica McCarty which I got from Wren. so far it is really good, Thanks Wren! :mrgreen:
Jodi

Postby wren on May 23rd, 2008, 10:19 pm

Oh, Jodi, I remember that book! The Legend MacKinnon was so good! It's been quite awhile since I read it. I think I got it through the library, as it is not a book that I own! I think I may need a reread, dear bookpal sister! :mrgreen:

I thought the Highlander trilogy was fairly good. I think Jacquie read them first, or we discussed them on the old forum. Anyway, they are Monica McCarty's first trilogy, and I think she is off to a good start!

Copper, after you finish your reread of Love Bites I'd like to get your opinion of Etienne. We can do a character discussion on the Argeneau section. Etienne is among my favorites, but a few forum friends have not seen him in the same light...or can't quite figure him out, which is one of the things I like best about him. 8-)

I just got The Key by the incredible Lynsay Sands, so it is next on the tbr pile. I've already read The Chase and I'm slowly getting all of the hysterical historicals. It will be interesting to see what Lynsay did with a hero named Duncan, as that is my older dear son's name. If you haven't read Bliss or The Brat by our own Lynsay, they will make fantastic summer reads, everyone, while you are waiting on your next Argeneau book and in between rereads. Just be prepared as both are just too funny!! You will laugh so hard you can barely breathe.
wren

Postby Denise on May 24th, 2008, 10:17 am

Wren, I just finished the Heiress Brides Trilogy and thoroughly enjoyed them. I read all three in a row.

I love it when the publisher puts them out like that so we don't have to wait 6 months or more between books, and usually (for me) that means forgetting what happened in the previous book. That's also why I have so many books in my tbr pile. I wait for the ones I know are a series to be published, or at least three or four books out, so I can read them back to back.
Denise

Postby Jodi on May 24th, 2008, 10:44 am

Denise I am the same way, if I know that it is part of a series I usually wait until I can get them so I can read them all together but there are some books that I just can't wait especially if it is a long wait in between books. I have some older books that I am looking for the rest of the series and have been for a while and it is driving me crazy not to read them but I really want to wait until I can find all the books.

I checked out Celeste Bradley's site and the Heiress Brides Trilogy and they sound really good. I haven't read any of her books before so I am adding her to my list of authors to look for.
Jodi

Postby sin on May 25th, 2008, 3:42 pm

wren wrote:Copper, after you finish your reread of Love Bites I'd like to get your opinion of Etienne. We can do a character discussion on the Argeneau section. Etienne is among my favorites, but a few forum friends have not seen him in the same light...or can't quite figure him out, which is one of the things I like best about him. 8-)

W2 that will be a good discussion. I do see where you are coming from on this point. So while we are waiting for copper, we can go ahead and discuss him.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on May 25th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Hey guys I just started a new series Midnight Breeds by Lara Adrian. The first book in series is called Kiss of Midnight. It kinda reminds of BDB but has new outlook on Vampires. Really good so far. 8-)
jill

Postby Copper on May 25th, 2008, 6:50 pm

sin wrote:
wren wrote:Copper, after you finish your reread of Love Bites I'd like to get your opinion of Etienne. We can do a character discussion on the Argeneau section. Etienne is among my favorites, but a few forum friends have not seen him in the same light...or can't quite figure him out, which is one of the things I like best about him. 8-)

W2 that will be a good discussion. I do see where you are coming from on this point. So while we are waiting for copper, we can go ahead and discuss him.

sorry girls went day dreaming i love Etienne hes my little happynees,its the computer geek in me hes my perfict man or generaly the ones i go for Love Bites is one of my Favorites and its been ages since i have read it so im enjoying it more
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby jill on May 28th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Phoebe I just have to ask - What is that book about?
jill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion