Smilies Anonymous

Smilies Anonymous

Postby wren on May 9th, 2008, 9:08 am

Ahem...Hello, my name is wren and I'm guilty of abusing smilies. It all started on a not so long ago forum that had a huge selection of small but cute smilies. I went from putting one or two smilies in my posts to hunting through all of the themes and selections so that I could put as many smilies as possible. Soon, the small smilies were not enough, and I began to look for bigger smilies. I found one smilie site but the smilies were not very good and were hard to use. Then, I found friends who enjoyed smilies as much as I did. We found a smilie site with big, wonderful smilies for all occasions and topics. I couldn't stop myself...the smilies began to fill up my posts everyday. I wanted more to choose from...they were so fun and helped set the tone of each post. In every thread, I couldn't help myself, and smilies began to dominate my posts. I spent lots of time looking for just the right smilies to complement my message...and now, here I am...lonely for my smilies that won't work on my new forum. Going cold turkey is hard...I keep breaking out in a sweat when I type a message and cannot look for MY smilies.

Alas, the select few smilies that come with this forum look like...small alien smilies...and are, well to be tactful,not very attractive smilies. So sad, but true. :cry: The sad smilie is not even blue. Only the one called "Mr. Green" :mrgreen: who was known as "biggrin" on the former forum and the blushing smilie look like smilies I have known and loved. Oh, the withdrawals...and the meanie-looking smilies...they make me afraid because they have weird shapes...

There is a consolation...I now have an avatar and a signature line...and beautiful, easy to use font colours with bold and italics...and I feel the need to use them all, and hunt for new avatars and signature lines to keep on file for future lists, and hunt for abbreviations that will stand in for smilies...I cannot be cured...Waaaaaa.....PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY SMILIES....
wren

Re: Smilies Anonymous

Postby Gypsy on May 9th, 2008, 9:13 am

Gypsy here...speaking of smilies anonymous...been there done that! :D I gotta say they do look alot like evil aliens about to probe...hehheehe. :mrgreen:
Not all who wander are lost! J.R.R. Tolkien
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
**** AEA Sister of the Pixies ****
Gypsy

Postby Stauri on May 9th, 2008, 9:14 am

Wren I miss your smilies. :cry:

Please bring back the smilies, our life line is being exstinguished.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby sin on May 9th, 2008, 10:23 am

I am so blue with out my smilies. :( There has to be a way to get more smilies. I want smilies!!! I want smilies!!!! Ok maybe throwing a temper tantrum wont work. Seems the only place we can use our special smilies in our e-mails. Look out inbox Here I come!!! :D

Seems we also need a spell check!!!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on May 9th, 2008, 11:19 am

ImageImage

sin

Postby ~Linda~ on May 9th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Image Ok I am evil.....
~Linda~

Postby sin on May 9th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Do I dare ask HOW???? Not necessarily evil just shall we say ingenious.

sin

Postby Stauri on May 9th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Connie, love the fainting smilie

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby wren on May 9th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Did not think we were allowed smilies in the posts...or do we just have to be careful not to have too many?
wren

Postby sin on May 9th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Not too sure what the Spices verdict is. Image I do know the FAQ of the PHP forum is not to many. So many do's and dont's to get used to.

sin

Next

Return to General Discussion