Oooh I was surprised.

Oooh I was surprised.

Postby Kelli on May 9th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Okay no laughing. I watched all the Harry Potter movies (lol) :D And the first 3 are what you would expect...children movies but I was like oh oh well and trudged on anyway (insomniac)and I actually really liked the 4th and 5th one, the 5th being my favorite ( Hermoine shoulda gotten her somemore Krum, 8-) I woulda). They are darker, more mature and I realize that the movies dont follow the books that well or they leave tons out (the 4th-7th books are like a million pages long)but still I was surprised, I was just going to watch em then give them to my nieces but I liked them haha. So I am kinda wanting to see the 6th (my favorite book in the series, aren't I a dork? hehe) :mrgreen: and curious as to how they will change the 7th if at all.

And I love the little creep Kreacher.

KeL

Kelli

Re: Oooh I was surprised.

Postby sin on May 9th, 2008, 6:35 pm

The 6th & 7th movies are supposed to be done in 2 parts. That is what I read. There is just too much to tell. They are good movies. The 4th and 5th were much darker. Can not wait for the next. Have not read the books.Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Copper on May 9th, 2008, 7:11 pm

love the books :D the movies and very scetchy
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby jill on May 9th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Well I never read the books but I love the movies. I just went through my whole set not to long ago. The fourth one so far is my favorite though.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Copper on May 10th, 2008, 6:06 am

its just if u read the book u see how much they miss out in the moves
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby jill on May 10th, 2008, 8:03 am

Yeah Hollywood tends to do that to books unfortunately. :x
jill

Postby Stauri on May 10th, 2008, 11:19 am

Oh the movies do not compare to the books. There is so much tie in to the other books and background information they missed. The scene in 5 where the twins leave the school does not do them justice to the book, a lot more backfill as to why they left and what happened when they left, nothing like what the movie showed. The books are a lot more darker than the movies, but the character trails are a lot more in depth, and they grow on you.

I have read all the books several times, and can always tell someone who hasn't when we sit in the movie theater (they are sitting on the edge of their seats and gasping). I cried so much through books 6 & 7 I had puffy eyes for a week.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby sin on May 10th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I agree. I made the mistake of reading "Return of the Jedi" before seeing the movie. I kept waiting for certain things to happen that never did. Then I read "The Firm", Great book. Movie I was not impressed with.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kelli on May 10th, 2008, 2:44 pm

I know they don't really follow the books exactly. But still Loved the last two. I cried a smidge while watching the last one :oops: hehe. The last two books however OH GOD I was like NO!!!!!!! and heh. I didn't like the epilouge (sorry spelling?) for the 7th I was like Come ON what is this? it was like a half as$ed attempt I mean she supposedly said somewhere in interviews she new how the last book was going to end since she started the first but argh. I liked how One of Harry's child was Albus Severus Potter though. I wonder if Snape was rolling in his grave lmao. :lol: These smilies kind of suck.

Anyway.

L,
Kelli

KeL

Kelli

Postby jill on May 11th, 2008, 7:53 am

Sin I was the same way about The Firm. And don't get me started on what they did to the Pelican Brief. I nearly screamed in the movie theater. I am huge fan of John Grisham but movies demolished his books everytime. The only ones that were remotely close to the books were the Client and Time to Kill.
jill

Next

Return to General Discussion