Nanos

Nanos

Postby Lynsay on March 21st, 2010, 11:35 pm

So I've received several emails the last year about where they're taking nano technology, including one from a nurse in the field who said my story premise wasn't improbable at all and I'd be amazed to know what sorts of things her team were working on. And then someone sent me this on facebook just now so I thought I'd share it with you guys

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_cancer_rnai

It made me grin. Although using fat or lipids for delivery doesn't seem that good. I mean everyone's trying to get fat out of their blood not add it, lol.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: Nanos

Postby terri on March 22nd, 2010, 11:14 am

I guess having the lipids in our blood is a good thing. See.... I always thought fries were good for me. LOL

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Copper on March 23rd, 2010, 5:43 am

wooohooo immortality here I come :P

on a serious note that is a very interesting and great news for the future
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby TomEC on January 3rd, 2011, 8:54 pm

I can never resist an opportunity to comment on an idea I find interesting and the nanos in the Argeneau series are a terrific literary device. In one fell swoop you’ve refreshed the whole vampire concept while removing the supernatural angle with all the baggage that comes with it. And there is baggage. All that stuff about the aversion to crosses, holy water, churches and so on won’t mean so much if you’re not Catholic. That thing about no reflection? Don’t get me started.
Instead of the walking dead (or undead), cousins to the zombies, you’ve given us living, vibrant characters, glowing with heath. We don’t fear them, we wish we could be them. I don’t know if science will ever grant us that wish but I’m sure enjoying this version of what it might be like. It is such a cool, fun idea. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it from here.
If it ever does become reality, they can sign me up.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on January 4th, 2011, 6:36 pm

You're right about that, Thomas! I'm ready and willing for those wonderful nanos! Especially if they come from one of those gorgeous Argeneau or Notte men! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Jewelz on January 5th, 2011, 2:29 am

It sounds nice, but I don't know if I'd like living hundreds of years on this planet. I do enjoy reading all Lynsay's fabulous stories. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby TomEC on January 5th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Jewelz wrote:It sounds nice, but I don't know if I'd like living hundreds of years on this planet. I do enjoy reading all Lynsay's fabulous stories. :D

I know what you mean. The world can be a nasty place and the future of the planet isn’t looking that rosy either. Still, where there’s life there’s hope and if our physical and mental health is good I think we all want to live as long as possible. I’ve heard some folks suggest that they wouldn’t want to live forever. Forever’s an awful long time, and no one short of God can promise us that, but I think I’d rather be alive forever then dead forever. I don’t know exactly what the future holds but, if you give me a chance to be around to see it, I’ll take it.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 10th, 2011, 9:17 am

TomEC wrote:
Jewelz wrote:It sounds nice, but I don't know if I'd like living hundreds of years on this planet. I do enjoy reading all Lynsay's fabulous stories. :D

I know what you mean. The world can be a nasty place and the future of the planet isn’t looking that rosy either. Still, where there’s life there’s hope and if our physical and mental health is good I think we all want to live as long as possible. I’ve heard some folks suggest that they wouldn’t want to live forever. Forever’s an awful long time, and no one short of God can promise us that, but I think I’d rather be alive forever then dead forever. I don’t know exactly what the future holds but, if you give me a chance to be around to see it, I’ll take it.

You both make very good points! I feel mostly the same way! :)
wren

Postby Lynsay on January 10th, 2011, 11:36 pm

TomEC wrote:I can never resist an opportunity to comment on an idea I find interesting and the nanos in the Argeneau series are a terrific literary device. In one fell swoop you’ve refreshed the whole vampire concept while removing the supernatural angle with all the baggage that comes with it. And there is baggage. All that stuff about the aversion to crosses, holy water, churches and so on won’t mean so much if you’re not Catholic. That thing about no reflection? Don’t get me started.
Instead of the walking dead (or undead), cousins to the zombies, you’ve given us living, vibrant characters, glowing with heath. We don’t fear them, we wish we could be them. I don’t know if science will ever grant us that wish but I’m sure enjoying this version of what it might be like. It is such a cool, fun idea. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it from here.
If it ever does become reality, they can sign me up.

Thank you Thomas. I was really concerned about people excepting the premise, but I just need a logical explanation for things. I just can't do dead and cursed stuff, so had to change their origin, at least for mine. As for the debate on living forever....well, life can be pretty depressing at times, but as long as you have family and loved ones to shore you up during those tough times, I think it would be worth it to see and do all the miraculous things in the future and I'm sure there are many fascinating things still coming. Heck, computers have changed the world so much...I'm sure there are other things coming that would leave us in awe.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 10:20 am

The Atlantis & nanos premise is one of the things that I liked best right from my first reading of SWV...and I still believe it's the best premise out of all the books in this genre! :D
wren

Next

Return to General Discussion