Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby sin on May 1st, 2010, 1:31 pm

It looks like we are in for storms most of this week. And when it storms sometimes the power or cabel goes out. If I have problems will let wren know so she can let everyone else know..:)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on May 2nd, 2010, 9:10 pm

Speaking of power outages, IRL sister called from Lebanon TN and said that the Opryland Hotel in Nashville is evacuating guest tonight due to power outages. It has been bad in Nashville today and yesterday so she has called often and checked in. So far, she has kept power and flooding has not been too bad at neighborhood where she lives, but I guess she will find out more when she goes to work tommorrow. All schools have been canceled and some areas of the Nashville area have been told to use bottled water only ( lots of well water in area). She was watching local tv during phone call this pm when announcement was made about Opryland. Said that the guests were being moved to different hotels under same managment, and that they had not been admitting anymore guests today for this reason.
lisa

Postby lisa on May 3rd, 2010, 5:34 pm

Just saw report that 10 ft of water is inside Opryland Hotel and it is closed indefinitly! As water is still rising in some metro Nasville areas, I am not sure if anyone has been near since it was evacuated on Sunday night.
lisa

Postby lisa on May 3rd, 2010, 6:19 pm

Is everyone ok from the storms? Wren, Denise, GIGI3, Sin? Im not sure where everyone lives but its been bad all over the Southern US this weekend.
lisa

Postby wren on May 3rd, 2010, 8:30 pm

lisa wrote:Is everyone ok from the storms? Wren, Denise, GIGI3, Sin? Im not sure where everyone lives but its been bad all over the Southern US this weekend.

We are good here, lisa, and when I've talked to sin, all sounded well with her. I'm concerned about the Gulf Coast though, due to the oil. My friends lives about a mile from the beach and they can already smell the oil, and animals are starting to come ashore. Not sure how long it will continue spreading, but President Obama has been in touch with Governor Barbour. It's breaking my heart...just when the coast was starting to see some real progress since Hurricane Katrina, this catastrophe happens...and right after the tornadoes roared through the northern part of the state.

I saw that MsKitty had posted on facebook that she hopes to have phone service by Thursday and Internet by Friday. She has posted when over at a friend's house. Hopefully all is going well other than that since she moved. She just moved 10 minutes from one house to another to be closer to her daughter's school...funny how you can cross a street and have a totally different service.

As far as I know Shaa is doing okay. I'll try to message her & get an update. She only has her mobile phone to post to fb until she gets into her new place.

Hope everyone else it well...been watching all the flooding in Nashville. Storm season came in with a bang this year! :cry:
wren

Postby sherr on May 3rd, 2010, 8:40 pm

Would like to thank everyone for there well wishes as I took time to respect my beliefs. Just so everyone knows my party and myself kept our clothes on and we did not engage in promiscuity of any nature...didn't even dance around a phallic symbol....so actually we were pretty boring :shock: I get 4 hours of internet service every ten hours at my summer place so was able to check in but since everyone had things to do I was very limited on my time. Ate vegetariarian meals everyday and did a lot of walking....which made me loose 3 pounds over my extended weekend. Also had to take a quick drive into town and get some meat since I was the only non-vegan. I did a lot of reading most were doing spiritual reading and if you call romance reading spiritual then I was there too. We exchanged gifts....I got a nice Indian bracelet, a bookmart (for my spiritual reading), book and an antique teacup. We had a feast all veggies...no meat for Sherr :( ...a bonfire.....no marshmellows :( and spiritual chants (no naked men) :o :( .Sunday we just relaxed...cleaned my place some of the ladies left and that was my weekend....now the next big day is the summer soltice in June.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby wren on May 3rd, 2010, 9:12 pm

sherr wrote:Would like to thank everyone for there well wishes as I took time to respect my beliefs. Just so everyone knows my party and myself kept our clothes on and we did not engage in promiscuity of any nature...didn't even dance around a phallic symbol....so actually we were pretty boring :shock: I get 4 hours of internet service every ten hours at my summer place so was able to check in but since everyone had things to do I was very limited on my time. Ate vegetariarian meals everyday and did a lot of walking....which made me loose 3 pounds over my extended weekend. Also had to take a quick drive into town and get some meat since I was the only non-vegan. I did a lot of reading most were doing spiritual reading and if you call romance reading spiritual then I was there too. We exchanged gifts....I got a nice Indian bracelet, a bookmart (for my spiritual reading), book and an antique teacup. We had a feast all veggies...no meat for Sherr :( ...a bonfire.....no marshmellows :( and spiritual chants (no naked men) :o :( .Sunday we just relaxed...cleaned my place some of the ladies left and that was my weekend....now the next big day is the summer soltice in June.

It sounds like you had a very blessed weekend, sherr. I now know a little more about Beltane. June 21st is usually the summer solstice, correct? You & sin will have to give us some background again, as the two of you have a few similar beliefs. It sounds like you received some very nice gifts, and I seem to recall that you were giving special necklaces this year.

Sorry we couldn't send your fave enforcers to dance & chant for you...but I'm absolutely sure that romances must be on the list for inspirational reading. :) I couldn't be vegetarian either, and sin is most definitely a meat & potatoes & anything "chocolate is manna" kind of girl. Congratulations on the weight loss, though...I find when I've been on a retreat and we walked and ate healthy, that it often helps me get started with trying to be healthier overall. Were the marshmallows just forgotten, or do you abstain from certain things...like fasting from sugar, etc., during the spiritual time? Thanks for sharing with us. "Blessed Be" (I'm devout Christian, but I have friends who have been teaching me the etiquette of your beliefs & theirs. Some of them are Wicca and some of them are Pagan and some of them are a combination of belief systems.)
wren

Postby Lynsay on May 3rd, 2010, 9:25 pm

Thanks for the updates on everyone Wren. Glad everyone seems okay.

Sherr, glad you had a nice weekend. And three pounds! Well done.

I've been absent cause I was feeling a little under the weather. Coming back around now, but was running today between the clinic the xray lab, etc. UGH! I hate shots.

Must go check other emails.

Oh! Re, the Opryland thing... The RWA is waiting to see what happens and giving updates. They are hoping our reservations are far enough away to mean we will still be there. Otherwise, it will be another Mariott in Nashville. Will keep you updated as I learn more.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on May 3rd, 2010, 10:52 pm

Hey Lynsay, hope your feeling well soon and everything went well at your doctors appointment
:D Hugs!!! --{---@ Just sent you a rose!

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby sherr on May 4th, 2010, 4:56 am

I don't think the marshmellows would have been very spiritually appropriate think to do.....however I'm willing to be innovative; lol; I guess they must have been forgotten but I was hoping to use them the other nights. I don't usually do anything during the Soltices. They do have a parade in Toronto which I have been to and I have been to Mexico to see the Mayan temples. There is some Wiccans who believe in Jesus and they are called Trinity Wiccans and I haven't talked to any so I don't know how their belief works....exactly.

I hope everyone is doing well with all the flooding and tornados going on in the south.

Lynsay, hope you are feeling better I believe something is going around.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion