Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby sin on January 18th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Well good news & bad news. The good news is they found the results. The bad (at least in my mind) is they did not show any seizures. HELLO!! I never said he had any. Doctors pfht. So I am no closer to finding out what is wrong with him. I mean come on now. It is NOT normal for a baby to keep repeatedly banging his head on the wall, floor or anywhere else.

The standard (blow off) answer is we have to wait as some things appear age wise.. pfht I still do not more than I did a year ago :/

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 18th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Sin, how old is he? I can tell you that my Daughter often Bangs her head on the wall. It is a symptom of Autism, which often begins to develope around 18 months of age. It can also be a symptom of a couple other disorders whose names I could not possibly pronounce, let alone spell. If your Doctor is such an Idiot (Trust me, I've known a few), Try looking up stiffmen's disease online. (That is the only one I am pretty sure I can spell). Did the Head banging start after a cold or flu bug? And contact your Insurance comapny and ask for a New Doctor, IMMEDIATELY!
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on January 18th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Z is almost 23 months old. His "donors" are heavy into drugs, including making them. Which he was exposed to. Along with (which we can not prove) hitting him and letting her older child from her first marriage hit the baby. Add to that no pre or post care. At 10 mos old he was getting his baby food in his bottle! He did not know how to eat off a spoon. :(

Our primary care Dr wanted a neuro to see him. WEEEELLLLLL..grumble, grumble, grumble.
He has been banging/hitting his head from at least 10 months old. I have suspected Autism or a forum of and have been informed (from the quack we saw) that it is to early to diagnose that as it is hard to.. pfffht

Thanks for the information :)

sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 18th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Most diagnosis of Autism can be made by age 2. Drug abuse during Pregnancy could also produce some Autism like behaviors. Might want to have him checked for Fetal Alcohol syndrome, too. I'll ask my Daughter's councelor to recommend someplace in your area where you can get an Autism Evaluation, if you'd like. Just email me your zip code. If it IS Autism, you'll want to get him into therapy as soon as Possible. Even if it turns out to be some other form of Learning Disability or delay, therapy will help him tremendously.

My Daughter hit her head at school yesterday, and came home with a lump the size of my fist on the side of her head. She still had a Lump this morning, but it went down by the time she got to school. This time it wasn't because she was throwing a tantrum. She was in the "Swing" (Think Hammock), and hit her head trying to get out.
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on January 18th, 2012, 11:21 pm

gnd sent you a message via fb chat. thanks

Yikes. hope she is feeling better

sin

Postby MysticFan on January 19th, 2012, 1:15 am

Sin, so sorry that you still have no clue as to what is going on. My heart goes out to you and I am so hoping that soon, very soon, you will get the answers you want and need. Please keep us updated on everything... you and Z are in my thoughts always! :)

GND, Hoping your baby girl is okay & is feeling better from hitting her head. That had to be scary!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Sin, I sent you some info on FB. Hope it Helps!
grlnxtdr29

Postby MsKitty on January 28th, 2012, 8:03 am

Hi Sin!

How frustrating for you :( Keep searching, you know when somethings not right - trust your gut instinct (as I'm sure you do) I used to hit my head to go to sleep when I was a child, it started after I had a stay in hospital.. that's the story - but I had an aggressive drunk bi-polar mother & an aggressive older brother (I think it was more to do with that..) since he had a rough start (poor little man) perhaps it's his way of dealing with the frustration or the memory of his previous home life?

Just a thought I had - I just remember hitting my head like that as a kid, my mother & brother were very cruel & my dad was not really that involved with me, I didn't feel loved or wanted at home & I think by banging my head it helped somehow? I was maybe 3 or 4 when it started & had no other way of expressing myself. We were also pretty isolated too.

I may be way of base, but I thought my experience might be of some use. Keep looking for answers Sin, You know when something isn't right x
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby sin on January 30th, 2012, 10:46 am

Thanks Aussie sis. He has been hitting his poor head form at least 10 months old. I am still looking to see what is wrong. And yes the "donors" are very abusive. How sad for you:(. I am glad you turned out well & SasSy :) hugs

sin

Postby MsKitty on January 31st, 2012, 4:58 am

sin wrote:Thanks Aussie sis. He has been hitting his poor head form at least 10 months old. I am still looking to see what is wrong. And yes the "donors" are very abusive. How sad for you:(. I am glad you turned out well & SasSy :) hugs

lol.. Thanks Sin :P

I do have my 'issues' lol.. I don't trust easily & while I am affectionate to my girls - I'm not so great with the touchy feely stuff from other people.. But when I take one day at a time & I do ok. I do have sad moments when I wonder what it would have been like if I'd had a loving family growing up, but I have a loving family now ( me + my girls) so all is well ;)

And I have my Sisters here that give me plenty of love ;) As well as my 2 best Girlfriends here in Aus, so I'm very lucky :)
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion