Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby wren on May 28th, 2010, 11:41 am

Maybe it's because of the excitement of the newsletter and new contests..but I received one of the best gifts that I have ever got in my whole life and the only place I have shared it is here on this forum, and no one has happy danced or even had a comment or question about it...Image Btw, a B&N Nook is similar to the Amazon Kindle, just in case you haven't seen them yet.
wren

Postby sin on May 28th, 2010, 1:22 pm

I thought I did see a comment or tow about it sister dear.. and congrats..you will be able to get the answers very quickly now:)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby rockie on May 28th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Wren,
how do you like the Nook! I have one.. I got in back in Feb! I love it!! I have all of Lynsay's books on it, well except one.. But I didn't have enough money to get the last one! lol.. But I have all of the Important ones!! :lol:
I like the fact that you can go online and its really cool!! I love it!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on May 31st, 2010, 6:38 pm

rockie wrote:Wren,
how do you like the Nook! I have one.. I got in back in Feb! I love it!! I have all of Lynsay's books on it, well except one.. But I didn't have enough money to get the last one! lol.. But I have all of the Important ones!! :lol:
I like the fact that you can go online and its really cool!! I love it!

I absolutely love it! Did you give your Nook a name? :lol: On the settings where you have your profile, you can name your nook right under where you put the owner's name! You know me...I named my nook "Tiana" after the princess in Disney's The Princess and The Frog *giggle* She is tied with Belle in first place as my fave princess now...hmmm, maybe I should change it to Tiana-Belle! Belle is a big reader, after all!

Tiana means (Greek) princess, (American & Australian) fairy queen, (Latin & English)from Christiana - Follower of Christ, (Spanish) from Tia - gracious aunt, (French, German, Danish, etc.) light, daylight, deity, Christian woman (Russian) shortened form of Tatiana - a feminine form of Latin Tatianus, probably meaning "father." from the family clan name Tatius, in use by the Italians, Portuguese, Romanians, Russians and Spanish...a Saint's name, or fairy queen...(Portuguese) fairy princess

Of Lynsay's books, I only have ABTR on Tiana so far, but I will add one per month until I get them all...or maybe one Argeneau & one historical. I wish I'd known you had one, as I've been looking at the Kindle & the Nook since before Christmas, and while several friends had the Kindle, I didn't know anyone with the Nook because it is so new. Both have excellent features, but since I've learned to use the iPhone touch screen, I liked that on the Nook. I have a book light & case in my wish list at B&N, but those have to wait for now, too. Maybe I can get those before sin's birthday party! Image

Hey, did you know that we can lend a book to each other one time for 14 days...that's a nifty feature of the nook, because then you can read it to see if you want to own it. I'll let you know if I get anything good that you might want to read & you do the same, okay?

♥ a very happy princess wren
wren

Postby marebear_2000 on May 31st, 2010, 6:40 pm

wren wrote:Maybe it's because of the excitement of the newsletter and new contests..but I received one of the best gifts that I have ever got in my whole life and the only place I have shared it is here on this forum, and no one has happy danced or even had a comment or question about it...Image Btw, a B&N Nook is similar to the Amazon Kindle, just in case you haven't seen them yet.

since you're feeling a little sad about our neglect, i'll ask you some questions to cheer you up. my husband is always threatening to burn my books. please take a moment to catch your breath because of his obvious lack of a brain. anyway, i offered the alternative of buying an ereader so that there would be a noticeable lack of books around the house. my questions for you are...based on all your research, do you think the nook was your best choice? how do download prices compare? and did you take into account the new ereader offered at borders?

i looked into the new one from borders. it seems to be my best option, but i haven't gotten a chance to do alot of research. any input would be appreciated in this, the early phase of my ereader exploration.
marebear_2000

Postby sin on May 31st, 2010, 6:59 pm

marebear_2000 wrote:
wren wrote:Maybe it's because of the excitement of the newsletter and new contests..but I received one of the best gifts that I have ever got in my whole life and the only place I have shared it is here on this forum, and no one has happy danced or even had a comment or question about it...Image Btw, a B&N Nook is similar to the Amazon Kindle, just in case you haven't seen them yet.

since you're feeling a little sad about our neglect, i'll ask you some questions to cheer you up. my husband is always threatening to burn my books. please take a moment to catch your breath because of his obvious lack of a brain. anyway, i offered the alternative of buying an ereader so that there would be a noticeable lack of books around the house. my questions for you are...based on all your research, do you think the nook was your best choice? how do download prices compare? and did you take into account the new ereader offered at borders?

i looked into the new one from borders. it seems to be my best option, but i haven't gotten a chance to do alot of research. any input would be appreciated in this, the early phase of my ereader exploration.

marebear I saw the one at Borders via email. It also offered 100 free books with it.. Still debating that. Forshame on your husband..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on May 31st, 2010, 7:17 pm

marebear_2000 wrote:

marebear_2000, I'll make you a list of the best of each and post it...the Kindle or the Nook are the top choices, but I'll organize it and see if I can find the sites I looked at so that you can make the best decision for you. I'll try to answer all your questions and tell you why I decided to go with the Nook.

I did look at the new Borders Kobo eReader, but it won't hold as much as the other two that I've mentioned, although that makes the price lower. Since you plan long-term use, especially buying ebooks in place of paper books, the $100 more may be worth it to you to go with either the Kindle or Nook (which are the same price) and you will quickly make up that price difference with your eBook purchases. We have some forum members who own the Kindle, so they may be able to tell you what they like best about it.

I'll try to get it posted by tomorrow, so that I can save you some time on research, and I'll message you when I get it posted. Sounds like you are where I was at about six months ago when I first started looking at the various options! This is a good topic, since there may be others on the forum thinking about eReaders who want to know more, too. :)
Last edited by wren on June 5th, 2010, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby Jewelz on June 1st, 2010, 6:58 am

I've been out of the loop for almost two weeks. I don't think I have time to catch up with all the new posts. :( But hey wren, congrats on your new friend "Tiana". One of my patient at work had brought her Kindle from home and she even had a matching bag! :o I've been thinking about owning one myself. It would come in handy while traveling, doctors office waiting rooms, etc...I still like my books. I think when I do go this route, I'll have to download my faves and some nursing reference text books. BTW, the Bible was an excellent start!!! :D Hugs and lots of love to you my dearest princess wren. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby marebear_2000 on June 1st, 2010, 9:04 am

wren, when you get the time to post the information, why don't you make it a separate topic. that way people don't miss it. and thank you in advance. i don't want to rush into buying anything right now. crazy husband will only allow a purchase like this once.

and btw, although i may download all of lynsay's books so that i have them, i'm still gonna by a hard copy of anything argeneau. technology is silly sometimes. i don't want the thing to crash & lose any of them ;)
marebear_2000

Postby Lynsay on June 3rd, 2010, 1:05 am

Another one I've missed. But then I've been staying up until 6 AM every night trying to finish corrections and have only been checking new posts. Still you'd think I'd have seen it. Anyway, the corrections are DONE! Yippy. Now I just need to catch up here and at Facebook and myspace and then I can take a nice bath (I seriously need one. Didn't take one last night trying to get these darned corrections done.) and hopefully will be in bed by . . . er. . . .well, maybe four or four thirty, but five AM at the latest.

Now, you give the Froggy Prince a kiss and hug for me for making you happy with the unexpected gift. He's a good man. And then you tell him to give you a hug and kiss from me for getting ABTR as your second book. I'll take being behind the bible anyday. Thank you. It's a lovely compliment.

By the way, who is the nook by? That's one I haven't heard of.

Hope you're enjoying your gift sweetie.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion