Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby Kath on February 24th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Hi all. Haven't been around in quite awhile (almost a year I think based on unread posts -- wow did the time go fast but have been pretty busy). But I have been thinking of you all and have missed being here.

Wren, you're right -- it does seem to have been on the quiet side here at times. One silver lining -- it won't take quite as long for me to catch up as I feared it would. :) ;)

But now I'm baaaa-ack............

Sorry to hear about some of the bad news from several of you. GND -- hope your thumb heals fast; Sin -- hope your little one is doing better, and hope everyone else is doing well and getting thru this very snowy, etc winter ---geez.

Think they said we broke some record for snowfall amounts for Feb in NYC. Enough already... We just (or even before we) dig out and it snows again. :cry: :( :x

Talking about how time flies. My eldest daughter started college this past fall and the other one will be starting high school next fall. Wow -- weren't they each just born yesterday???

Cannot wait to get my hands on the latest book Vampire Most Wanted.

Kath

Postby terri on February 27th, 2014, 10:18 am

The latest news about Argeneau book #20, Vampire Most Wanted...
It hit #4 on the NYT bestsellers list AND #9 on USA Today's bestsellers list ! Congratulations Lynsay!

Speaking of which, Lynsay is doing pretty well on following the doctor's orders and taking it easy. She is gradually getting better. The worst part at this point is Lynsay just remaining patient with herself. :-)

Nice to see you're back Kathy!

We just got another winter storm. Our highways (401, 402) have crashes blocking traffic in both directions. It's strange because when you're driving along it's clear, sunny and beautiful drive and then boom, you hit a wall of blowing snow that blinds you to the point that the only thing you see are the tail lights of the car you're following close to. Weird!

Hope you're all good and that your roads are better than ours!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on February 27th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Glad to here Lynsay's book is doing will. Congratulation Lynsay on another success!

:D :D :D

What's this about Lynsay having health issues? I hope they're not too serious. I suppose I must have missed some posts earlier. No mystery there. I just haven't been able to keep up with the forum as much as I wanted to. Crap! I'm out of the loop here.

Get well Lynsay.

Also, get on here, when you can, and enjoy some of great posts about your new book. Your fans are loving it and you deserve to bask in fruits of you labor. There's nothing like positive feedback to move a recovery along.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on February 27th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Tom, Lynsay's health issues happened in December, just before Christmas. She had let the dogs out, followed them, slipped on some ice and bonked her head into the wall. She ended up with a concussion that kept her in a dark room with no television, radio, computer or anything for several weeks. She is doing better now, but she still is limited in her computer time.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on February 27th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Thanks Susan.

I had the same thing happen to me a month ago, though I didn't see a doctor because I don't think I had a concussion or, if I did, it was a mild one. I think that was because my lower back took most of it which wasn't fun but it left me better off then Lynsay apparently was. Ice is a great thing in the summer; not so much in the winter.

I wish her a speedy recovery. I understand concussions are slow, boring things to come back from.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby terri on March 4th, 2014, 11:58 am

Thanks Tom. I'll let Lynsay know. And I'm relieved to hear your slip wasn't too bad and hope your back isn't the worse for wear.

It's the everyday hidden dangers that surprise us. I had a friend that slipped off the side of his truck due to a misstep and broke his hip. Perhaps we should all be wrapped in bubblewrap suits. I know I could use one.

Thanks Susan.

Cheers,
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 4th, 2014, 1:05 pm

My thumb is doing much better. I ended up only wearing the splint for about a week and a Half. Since the fracture was so close to the tip of the bone and nor as bad as they originally thought, keeping the splint on would have been unnecessary. I did have some minor nerve damage, and while I do have one tiny spot below the nail that has that Novocain numb feeling, most of the nerve damage is healing by it's self. I May still lose part of the nail when it grows out in a couple months, but all in all I think It is healing just fine.
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on March 5th, 2014, 1:40 pm

grlnxtdr,

Ouch! I'm glad to hear it's healing but jeez that doesn't sound fun. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the nail comes in quick.

Stay safe and healthy!

TErri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm

I may be going back to school in a few weeks, if Financial aid comes through! I will be working towards an associates Degree in Digital Photography. I Had hoped to take a Cinematography class, but none of the local colleges offer it, and the Online school only had a cgi/classic animation/storyboard course, which I may take at a later date. When I went to college almost 20 years ago, I studied Film and Television Production and writing for Film and Television. I know some people may think this is a strange way to go about becoming a script writer (Which is what I've really wanted to do), but I believe that the creative process of photography will help me focus on detail, that I can then put in to my writing. Maybe someday you all will see a Movie with a screenwriting credit that has my name on it. Who knows, Maybe Lynsay will let me turn her Argeneaus into Movies!
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on March 19th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Wow GrlNxtDr, kudos to going back to school. I think that's great. The most important thing is that you enjoy the subject and it sounds like you do. It will be interesting to see your photos too.

Tom, How's the back feeling then? All recovered I hope.

And as many of you probably know by now (facebook, twitter) there is a new addition to Lynsay's puppy pack... Basha the Bouvier. She's a great puppy (she has huge paws) so it will be interesting to see how big she gets. She came from a breeder and she's never been outside before she went home with Lynsay. She's very cute.

Also Roxie went to the chiropractor today. She's been having a lot of trouble walking as her hind legs due to hip dysplasia. I guess it went well. We'll have to see if the doggy chiro can prevent further problems.

Lastly Lynsay has started writing again, which is great news on the recovery front. She's working on a couple of stories which allows her to bounce around between them. (I believe she's working on Basil's and Bricker's stories.) Kudos Lynsay!

That's my check-in for now. We hope everyone is doing well.

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion