Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby terri on May 14th, 2014, 7:03 am

Windows 8 is awful! My husband's parents bought a laptop and it came with the #%#$^@! operating system. I really sympathize with your pain on that one GrlNxtDr. Is it getting used to the Windows 8 operating system that's a problem?

T
terri
Site Admin

Postby terri on May 14th, 2014, 7:06 am

What's going on here at the office...

It's really heating up here and we've found the offices warm, especially Lynsay's office. This is partially due to design but also the new central air unit's line needed repairing. Already leaking and it hadn't even been used once yet!

On the work front, Lynsay is busy working on her next two historicals. I can often hear her giggling to herself as she's writing away so I think she's enjoying it. (And making me wish I could read it!)

Other than that, Basha the Bouvier is still growing and getting on well with the rest of the Sands pack. Still unsure of how big she'll get but that's part of the charm. Could be 60...70...80...120 lbs perhaps. (Just kidding... female Bouviers generally only get to a max of 80 or so lbs.) We'll just have to wait and see!

The Teddy and Basha just got trimmed so I'll see if I can't corner them long enough to get a pic so I can post it.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on May 16th, 2014, 12:10 pm

I'm sure glad to hear that Lynsay is better and writing again and having fun doing it.

I wish I had more time to hang out here, virtually speaking, like I used to. I miss this place. On the upside, for all things I'm not doing enough of, and feel guilty about as a result, writing hasn't been one of them lately. I've passed the 100,000 word mark on my latest project, which is a real milestone for me.

By the sound of it, my writing isn't as funny as Lynsay’s.

Oh well. Keep it up, Lynsay. I consider you an inspiration. :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on May 22nd, 2014, 11:54 pm

Looking forward to reading it, Tom!!

As for me, I'm also pretty swamped with other stuff right now and will be for the next couple of months. Won't get to spend much time online. I think our summer schedule as the whole sum of two weeks off with nothing going on.
Denise

Postby sin on May 28th, 2014, 7:02 am

Just checking in.As some of you know I lost my furbaby of 16 years a couple of months ago. Yes I have been in hiding, not wanting to do much of anything. Been busy with the wee one and his therapy and homeschooling.

Glad Lynsay is doing much better.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 28th, 2014, 11:02 am

Good to see you, Sin. I was sad to hear about your Furbaby. It can be hard to lose a pet who has been so much a part of your family. I still morn for the dog I lost as a child, as well as several other pets we've had since.
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on May 29th, 2014, 8:47 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful memorial day weekend! It's always nice getting an extra long weekend isn't it? We had an extended weekend the week before due to Victoria day which meant some projects got done around the house that were being put off for far too long. (Yay!) Tried out Annie Sloan's chalk paint out and love it.

TomEC...Happy to hear that you're hitting your milestone on the writing front. Sometimes it's not easy following your dreams as life tends to get in our way at the most inconvenient times.

Denise... Yikes! I would hate to have a schedule like that. Good luck and hope (and expect) that you'll have a LOT of fun this summer.

Sin... Sounds like you're pretty busy with the baby. As for missing your furbaby... I don't think that ever goes away but I don't mind that so much as it means I cared about them. I have even come to miss pets that weren't even mine.

As for Lynsay, she's still going strong on one of the historicals but the other is a bit of an issue and she may end of dropping that one. Her office still gets hot in the summer as compared to the rest of the house so I think the next step is that we're going to try putting a solar filtering window film on the windows and see if that helps. We'll let you know how they work out.

I can hear the dogs going nuts right now which means someone is here. Have a great weekend everyone!

T
terri
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on June 24th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Terri,

I saw on FB and on Lynsay's Goodreads blog that you & Lynsay have finally corrupted Leigh! You've coerced her to join in your obsession for dogs! LOL!

But seriously, "Maybe" looks like a precious little thing! Tell Leigh congratulations on her new bundle of joy! And tell her we expect regular reports on her progress!

Sue
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby terri on June 25th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Hi Sue,

Indeed Leigh is lost to the dogs now! LOL... She officially named her Maggie, which is pretty close to the temporary name "Maybe" that we gave her. Maggies is a sweet little pup... And quiet!

Leigh went through so much to try to adopt a dog. She tried three different times and each time she got the run around from the agency. And there was no reason for it. They have a nice house with a fenced in yard and she's great with dogs. Her previous dog, Ti, had an allergy to almost everything so she had to make his food. He was a happy dog.

Funny thing is that the coordinator for the third dog Leigh had applied to adopt finally contacted her a few days late and told her she'd be checking Leigh's references. Now I doubt she'll end up with two dogs however that would be just her luck!

:-)
T
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on July 30th, 2014, 11:05 am

Just letting every one know that I am alive. Things are not going so great here and at this time I do not wish to get into it. Sorry. Wren knows what is going on. Just suffice to say the wee one and I are surviving and hopefully in a very short time things will be a thousand percent better. This is why I have been more scarce than usual.

Lynsay, Terri, Wren will be messaging you with the pituitaries and any updates.

I wish everyone a great summer and hope to be back in the near future.

hugs
sin & the wee one

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion