What are you Watching?

Re: What are you Watching?

Postby Copper on July 18th, 2010, 7:22 am

susan60625 wrote:Did anyone see the show on NBC last night (6/6) showing the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios? It looks fabulous!

didnt see that but i was counting the day till it opened im going to florida on September the 6th :D cant wait at all
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby susan60625 on July 18th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Copper wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Did anyone see the show on NBC last night (6/6) showing the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios? It looks fabulous!

didnt see that but i was counting the day till it opened im going to florida on September the 6th :D cant wait at all

If you make it there, you have to let us know how the theme park was. It will be a while before I can afford to get down there and I'm dying to hear about it!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Copper on July 18th, 2010, 3:24 pm

susan60625 wrote:
Copper wrote:

If you make it there, you have to let us know how the theme park was. It will be a while before I can afford to get down there and I'm dying to hear about it!

me and my friend Nikki have decided and planed and paid for the best trip in the world well the wizarding world ;) so i leave the UK on the mon 6th of sep have 3 days in the park and then leave Orlando on the Friday 10th and get back in the UK sat morning

im hoping all the kids well be back at school by then and it will be fairly quite i hope when do the American kids go back to school ??? Im going to spend so much money
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby susan60625 on July 18th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Well, Copper, not all of the schools in the U.S. start at the same time. The 6th of September is an American holiday and no one is in school or work. Most schools for younger kids start somewhere between the middle of August and the middle of September, your odds are so-so on there being minimal younguns at the park during your time there. The way the weather has been this summer, be prepared for hot, hot, hot and humid weather. Enjoy your time here though! The parks are used to the hot weather and will have facilities to help you from getting overheated.
susan60625

Postby TomEC on May 7th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Just finished watching the movie trailer for Thor. Looks promising, though he wasn't my favorite comic book character growing up; that will always be the Hulk.I am quite familiar with the Norse mythology on which it's loosely based. It has a good director, Kenneth Branagh, whose presence would be enough to interest me in any movie. The leading man, Chris Hemsworth, doesn’t strike me as your typical pretty boy. He's got that terrific wolflike stare that's perfect for the part. I think I might like to see this one, though it will take a bit of work on my part to sell Theresa on the idea.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby ElectricFedora on May 7th, 2011, 5:12 pm

TomEC wrote:Just finished watching the movie trailer for Thor. Looks promising, though he wasn't my favorite comic book character growing up; that will always be the Hulk.I am quite familiar with the Norse mythology on which it's loosely based. It has a good director, Kenneth Branagh, whose presence would be enough to interest me in any movie. The leading man, Chris Hemsworth, doesn’t strike me as your typical pretty boy. He's got that terrific wolflike stare that's perfect for the part. I think I might like to see this one, though it will take a bit of work on my part to sell Theresa on the idea.

I'm so excited! I love love love Mythology. Norse is in my top five. I do have to say number one goes to Greek Mythology. I actually am taking a class on mythology in school, the shame is although i love the teacher he has no clue what he's doing...at all. He's never taught the class he's in his thirties and hasn't read anything on mythology since his freshmen year in college. But bless him he really does try his best, if most of the kids in the class weren't as awesome as they are, the teacher wasn't so nice, it wasn't like having a free period and it wasn't an easy grade. ( It put a 100 into my average last quarter) I would probably have dropped it.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby TomEC on May 10th, 2011, 2:59 pm

All those who inhabit the nine worlds should beware, for the Fenris Wolf will yet be unleashed. When that day comes Heimdall will sound his horn and the Aesir and Vanirmen and all the warriors in Oden's Hall of Heroes (Valhalla) must prepare themselves to face Loki and his hordes in the final battle. The time for words has ended. The Giants gather. The Midguard Serpent stirs. Ragnarök, the twilight of the gods has begun.

That's not from the movie and I'm not quoting anything there; I'm just having fun with a bit of what I know the mythology. That's the sort of knowledge that's of very little value if you're a practical sort. But it's all so cool and dramatic!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on May 12th, 2011, 9:29 am

It's become tradition for my guys to take me to see the latest superhero movie that is out as part of my Mother's Day...how that came about is a story for another day. We did go see Thor on Mother's Day, and I loved it. Be sure and stay through the credits...as always with the Marvel movies, there is a bit of a hint at the end. If you leave while the credits are rolling, you miss it. It's also fun to spot 'Stan Lee' in his cameo role in each movie. It does help to know a bit about mythology for these movies, and it's also great if you have some knowledgeable comic books fans with you...then you don't miss the subtle things, some of them funny, in the films that connect them with other superheroes & their films. Thor's next appearance will be in The Avengers.

I really liked Thor, and we saw the 3-D version, which we don't usually care for one way or the other. However, it worked well for this movie because of the special effects. I also liked the actor that played Thor...Chris Hemsworth ...whispering to my dear hubby, "He makes a perfect Etienne Argeneau!" :lol: Dear hubby just smiled... :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 12th, 2011, 10:44 am

That sounds like a fun movie, Wren. I know she's been rather busy lately, but I miss Sin's movie reviews!
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on May 12th, 2011, 4:55 pm

I definitely want to see Thor, it looks like it is a great movie. When I was in the seventh grade, I think, I took a literature class. For one week we looked at only Mythology and it was the best week ever! Thor caught my attention as did the Fenris Wolf. I saw an ad for a movie that is coming out 11-11-11, I think that was the date, called "The Immortals" it looks good also.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion