What are you Watching?

Re: What are you Watching?

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 20th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Mystic, it's the same show, just different actors and a slightly different timeline. The BBC version also has a tad more, uf...British-ness to it, for a lack of a better term. More gallows humor, more tongue in cheek, less inhabititions....
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on January 20th, 2012, 8:47 pm

lol.. In other words "come to the dark side we have cookies" As it is more darker, and yes it does have the language. But the actors to me are more believable. After watching it then the syfy version it was like watching a bad B-rated movie. shrugs. But as season 3 has not started for the US I just bide my time ..lol

Some of the British humor I enjoy others ..NOT...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on January 24th, 2012, 6:18 am

I tend to like the BBC version better also, but haven't watched either lately!
lisa

Postby Kath on January 24th, 2012, 8:50 am

Watch the BBC version as well. When I saw what the difference were gonna be, just couldn't get into wanting to watch the Syfy version. I knew I would be comparing too much and not able to enjoy it.
Kath

Postby MysticFan on January 25th, 2012, 1:02 am

I haven't checked out the BBC version, but now I think I will, thanks for the info. I also have no idea how I forgot to mention one of my faves shows right now, Grimm! I LOVE that show!!! ;)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on January 25th, 2012, 9:15 am

Mystic I love Grimm also. And Once Upon a Time.. Which means they will most likely be cancelled. Never fails what I like they cann. :/

sin

Postby sin on January 25th, 2012, 9:23 am

Kath wrote:Watch the BBC version as well. When I saw what the difference were gonna be, just couldn't get into wanting to watch the Syfy version. I knew I would be comparing too much and not able to enjoy it.

I know what you mean Kath, I compare them all the time. Can not wait for season 4 to start. Wonder how it will play out that Mitchell is "gone". I know the actor Aidan Turner left because of the conflict of filming The Hobbit.

sin

Postby susan60625 on January 25th, 2012, 11:17 am

I like Grimm and Once Upon a Time, too! I'm looking forward to the new Kiefer Sutherland show that comes on tonight - Touch. It sounds interesting, too. I love Kiefer, so I hope this is as good as it sounds.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Kath on January 25th, 2012, 11:42 am

sin wrote:
Kath wrote:Watch the BBC version as well. When I saw what the difference were gonna be, just couldn't get into wanting to watch the Syfy version. I knew I would be comparing too much and not able to enjoy it.

I know what you mean Kath, I compare them all the time. Can not wait for season 4 to start. Wonder how it will play out that Mitchell is "gone". I know the actor Aidan Turner left because of the conflict of filming The Hobbit.

I know what you mean. It won't be the same with Aidan Turner and the Mitchell character gone. I hear that Nina's is "gone" too and that George (Russell Tovey) is leaving as well. They're bringing in a new vampire "Hal" and making werewolf "Tom" a regular. It won't be the same but I'm still going to give it a try. The new season starts Sat. Feb 25th at 9pm on BBC America.
Kath

Postby sin on January 25th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Kath I had not heard the other two leaving. Went to the BBC America site to see when the season started and saw "preview" pics for season 4 with Nina & George in them :/ I figured Tom would join the cast but was wondering about a new Vampire.

sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion