What are you Watching?

Re: What are you Watching?

Postby Kath on January 25th, 2012, 5:11 pm

sin wrote:Kath I had not heard the other two leaving. Went to the BBC America site to see when the season started and saw "preview" pics for season 4 with Nina & George in them :/ I figured Tom would join the cast but was wondering about a new Vampire.

Was just on the BBC America site: www.bbcamerica.com/being-human and the promo pic shows Annie with Tom and the new character "Hal". Saw old pics of Mitchell and Nina and George but only George (looking rather devastated) in the season 4 pics. The Sneak peak video has her complaining that she's alone now with Mitchell and Nina gone and George hardly around. They show her talking with Tom. George does make a brief appearance in the scene. It was another site where they said George and Nina were leaving. Maybe they're wrong? I hope, I hope. But the sneak peak video clip on BBC america/being-human did seem to confirm it. (???) Have to wait and see. Also saw a clip of Hal (seems like an interesting character).

Sin, you said you've seen both the UK and the US versions. Does the US version follow the same storyline just with different actors/character names or are the stories different. Or did it start out the same but become different? If you try to look at it as if it were a completely different show and try not to compare, is it any good?
Kath

Postby MysticFan on January 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm

sin wrote:Mystic I love Grimm also. And Once Upon a Time.. Which means they will most likely be cancelled. Never fails what I like they cann. :/

susan60625 wrote:I like Grimm and Once Upon a Time, too! .

My hubby and I never miss Grimm!! I Love that show! "Monroe" is so hilarious and I have to say that "Nick" is a bit of a cutie...lol. I really liked Once Upon a Time, I saw the first few episodes and then I missed a few. I was going to try and catch up, but I had heard that it was way to hard to follow if you missed out on a show or two. I am hoping the season will be released on DVD.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on January 25th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Kath wrote:Sin, you said you've seen both the UK and the US versions. Does the US version follow the same storyline just with different actors/character names or are the stories different. Or did it start out the same but become different? If you try to look at it as if it were a completely different show and try not to compare, is it any good?[/b][/color]

The premiss is the same. Vampire...werewolf...scratches girl turns her to wolf..ghost girl killed by boyfriend..Names changed to:
Vampire:Aidan
Wolfs: Josh & Nora
Ghost: Sally

Some of the stories are similar. Started out the same but changed. The first season to me they seemed to be reading lines (like a B rated movie) This season seems to be a little better. If you watch it with a open mind, it does have merit. This season seems to be darker so far. Of you watch it I would like to hear your opinion on it.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on February 2nd, 2012, 6:13 am

The Big Bang Theory...because it is hilarious and makes me laugh! 'nuff said! 8-)
wren

Postby TomEC on February 2nd, 2012, 11:02 am

Yeah! The Big bang theory was the show I listed in the getting to know you questions and its still one of my favorites! Sheldon is one of the funniest characters to come along in years! :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on February 2nd, 2012, 11:11 am

Love, Love, Love Sheldon! But I'm really enjoying where they are taking the Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialek) character. I love her awkwardness and her inappropriate sexual comments!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on February 2nd, 2012, 12:55 pm

wren wrote:The Big Bang Theory...because it is hilarious and makes me laugh! 'nuff said! 8-)

I could never get into it :/ oh well different stroke for different folks as they say :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on February 3rd, 2012, 3:57 am

TomEC wrote:Yeah! The Big bang theory was the show I listed in the getting to know you questions and its still one of my favorites! Sheldon is one of the funniest characters to come along in years! :D
susan60625 wrote:Love, Love, Love Sheldon! But I'm really enjoying where they are taking the Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialek) character. I love her awkwardness and her inappropriate sexual comments!

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I'm hooked on The Big Bang Theory! I had not seen it until recently, so I'm catching up. :) I like that it's on three nights a week on TBS now. Even if I've seen the show before, if I get to watch it again, I'll still near fall out of my chair laughing. My whole family enjoys this show.

Thing2 and I were watching it tonight, and we were discussing how well Sheldon and Amy play off of each other. They provided the perfect female mate and foil for Sheldon by bringing In Mayim Bialek to play Amy. His socially inept insults don't work on her, because she is just as intelligent and quirky as him. Did you know that Mayim Bialek actually has a PH.D in Neuroscience?

I love, love, love Sheldon, too! Sometimes my sons and I'll go around speaking in "Sheldon!" :lol:

JIm Parsons is fabulous, but so is the entire cast. It is definitely an ensemble show. Sheldon is so funny because of the contrast with the others, who are so hilarious in their own ways. I've even watched two episodes of the Conan late show in this last week, just long enough to see the interview with The Big Bang Theory featured guest actor. It is almost unbearable, as I don't enjoy any of the late night shows, but I suffered through Conan's monologue and it was great that Johnny Galecki (Leonard) and Simon Helbergwere (Howard) were his first guests on the nights they appeared. Simon was so funny when he appeared. I find late night hosts to be too obnoxious. After all, I grew up with Johnny Carson, when the late night hosts were actually funny.

Jim Parson also made a brief appearance in The Muppets that came out recently. It's a must-see movie, as it's stays very true to great Muppet entertainment.

sin wrote:I could never get into it :/ oh well different stroke for different folks as they say :)

Hey, sin, the actress Kaley Cuoco, who played "Billie" on Charmed is "Penny" on this show, and her character is an aspiring actress who works as a waitress at The Cheesecake Factory, who has the common sense & social skills that the others lack. :lol: 8-)
wren

Postby susan60625 on February 3rd, 2012, 4:58 pm

Wren, if you're interested, on Monday's Ellen show, she is having Jim Parsons on.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 14th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Watched the season Premiere of Worst Cooks in America on Sunday. Looks like it's going to be a funny season. Tonight is the eason Premiere of 19 Kids and Counting. I always wanted a big Family, but not that big. I Can't believe how well that Family works together. And this coming Sunday is the Season Premier of The Amazing Race, which is my Favorite Show. I always have to smack Hubby because he always complains that there is atleast one gay or Lesbian couple on the race. I like the fact that they have a diverce group of contetants, but he should be happy, there isn't a gay couple this season. That is probably the biggest thing he and I disagree on. I think people should be free to love who ever they chose, and he thinks they can love who ever they chose as long as he doesn't have to know about it.
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion