Sin's SASSy ARGENEAUTS film review blog

Re: Sin's SASSy ARGENEAUTS film review blog

Postby sin on April 16th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Movies good movies can be made with all of the violence and foul language. I know trucker & sailors those kids could give lessons to. :/

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Jodi on April 16th, 2010, 8:19 pm

We took the kids last weekend to see How to Train Your Dragon, what a great movie! the kids really enjoyed it and it is entertaining for the parents as well. Logan is still talking about it :)
Jodi

Postby wren on April 17th, 2010, 2:31 pm

We will NOT be seeing Kick A$$. I will not even waste our time & money on seeing it on video. It did not appeal to me in the previews, and I can trust sin on movie reviews. I like that she lets me know about violence, language, and innuendo so that I can make a good judgment for my family. I did not know the film was rated R, so thanks for including that information. Sometimes kids get invited by other friends, and it's best to know what to expect so we can make a good decision.

However, I would love to see How To Train Your Dragon...sin gave it a six bats when five is the best (she liked the movie so well that she got a little bat-happy :lol: ) and everyone on the forum that has seen it and commented so far has agreed! :D
wren

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Went last Friday and saw Loosers;

The Loosers
Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action and violence, a scene of sensuality (which you see more on day or nighttime soaps) and language.

This is another "comic book" made into a movie. Well this reviewer has not seen nor heard of it before.:/

A tale of double cross and revenge, centered upon the members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team-Clay, Jensen, Roque, Pooch and Cougar -find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max. Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha, a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war.

One of the stars, Chris Evans portrayed Johnny storm aka the Hunan Torch in the Fantastic 4 movies. It has several funny moments. I would recommened that you see it first before deciding if you want your children to.
Image Image Image

sin

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Watch this space for: One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again

sin

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 6:08 pm

I DONT THINK SOOOOO!!!! I am a scaredy cat like Ms Wren! I do watch Most Haunted on the Travel Channel, but it is kinda predictable when they all screech and whooop ! Paranormal State however totally creeps me out!
lisa

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Of course I have to go into the movie not expecting Robert Englund as Freddy. Alas he will not be in this one :(

sin

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 7:17 pm

I have never watched his films, but those like you who appreciate horror all agree he is a master of horror and suspense
lisa

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Robert Englund was the vegetarian "visitor Willie" in V 1984-1985. That was where I first noticed him.

sin

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Like I said, I am a big scaredy cat! Never watched V, although I do like SciFi. I like more campy/corny stuff- I would have had front row seats to Dracula-The Musical!
lisa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion