Sin's SASSy ARGENEAUTS film review blog

Re: Sin's SASSy ARGENEAUTS film review blog

Postby sin on June 13th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Killers
PG-13 • 1 hr. 40 min.

KILLERS, starring Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher, Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara, and directed by Robert Luketic, is a hilarious, unpredictable action comedy about love, marriage and serious firepower.

Spencer Aimes (Kutcher) is just your average, undercover, government-hired super-assassin accustomed to a life of exotic European locales, flashy sports cars and even flashier women. But when he meets Jen Kornfeldt (Heigl), a beautiful, fun-loving computer tech recovering from a bad break-up, he finds true love...and happily trades international intrigue for domestic bliss. Three years later, Spencer and Jen are still enjoying a picture-perfect marriage - that is, until the morning after Spencer's 30th birthday. That's when Spencer and Jen learn he's the target of a multi-million dollar hit. Even worse, the hired killers have been stalking the happy couple for years, and could be anyone: friends, neighbors, the grocery store clerk, even that crabby old guy shuffling across the street. Now Spencer and Jen are on the run for their lives. As their suburban paradise turns into a paranoid game of dodge-the-bullet, they must find out who wants Spencer dead and why, all the while trying to save their marriage, manage his in-laws, keep up neighborly appearances ... and just plain survive.

Tom & Cathrine as her parents add to the movie. Even tho they are not the main stars of the show.

Sister wren..in this movie there is one time the "F" word is used. But it is in context with the moment. Hubby stated "she is a reasonable woman", and I about died laughing in the theater.
Image Image Image Image Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on June 13th, 2010, 6:49 pm

The Karate Kid PG
Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan

Typical class bully who needs to be taught a lesson. Personally the original one was a lot better. It seemed like it drug out for 4 hours.
Image Image Image..and the only reason it gets this in my opinion is because of the scenery. It was filmed in China and we are treated to old & new landmarks.

sin

Postby Jewelz on June 13th, 2010, 11:06 pm

sin wrote:Killers
PG-13 • 1 hr. 40 min.

KILLERS, starring Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher, Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara, and directed by Robert Luketic, is a hilarious, unpredictable action comedy about love, marriage and serious firepower.

Spencer Aimes (Kutcher) is just your average, undercover, government-hired super-assassin accustomed to a life of exotic European locales, flashy sports cars and even flashier women. But when he meets Jen Kornfeldt (Heigl), a beautiful, fun-loving computer tech recovering from a bad break-up, he finds true love...and happily trades international intrigue for domestic bliss. Three years later, Spencer and Jen are still enjoying a picture-perfect marriage - that is, until the morning after Spencer's 30th birthday. That's when Spencer and Jen learn he's the target of a multi-million dollar hit. Even worse, the hired killers have been stalking the happy couple for years, and could be anyone: friends, neighbors, the grocery store clerk, even that crabby old guy shuffling across the street. Now Spencer and Jen are on the run for their lives. As their suburban paradise turns into a paranoid game of dodge-the-bullet, they must find out who wants Spencer dead and why, all the while trying to save their marriage, manage his in-laws, keep up neighborly appearances ... and just plain survive.

Tom & Cathrine as her parents add to the movie. Even tho they are not the main stars of the show.

Sister wren..in this movie there is one time the "F" word is used. But it is in context with the moment. Hubby stated "she is a reasonable woman", and I about died laughing in the theater.

Sounds like a good one togo see. Thanks sin. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby rockie on June 14th, 2010, 12:44 pm

sin wrote:The Karate Kid PG
Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan

Typical class bully who needs to be taught a lesson. Personally the original one was a lot better. It seemed like it drug out for 4 hours.
Image Image Image..and the only reason it gets this in my opinion is because of the scenery. It was filmed in China and we are treated to old & new landmarks.

I liked it.. It was good for what it was a remake.. But I like the old one better! I mean I loved the end of the movie, but other than that it was good...

Sin did you like Robin Hood?
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on June 14th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Robin Hood was awesome..Did I not do that one??hmmm..

sin

Postby Jewelz on June 14th, 2010, 8:49 pm

sin wrote:Robin Hood was awesome..Did I not do that one??hmmm..

now thats one I'd like to see,, and its at the top of my list.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby sin on June 15th, 2010, 1:41 pm

I a couple of hours we are going to go see the A Team.. It will be a lot cooler in the theater..fingers crossed..

sin

Postby rockie on June 15th, 2010, 8:11 pm

sin wrote:Robin Hood was awesome..Did I not do that one??hmmm..

You did... but I didn't see it until after I posted what I said! :lol:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on June 28th, 2010, 11:14 pm

The A-Team
Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper,Gerald McRaney
PG-13, 117 min

Based on the hit T.V. show in the 1980's. During the Vietnam war a 4 man team (known as the A-Team) of Special Forces were (wrongly) convicted of the robbery of the bank of Hanoi and were sent to a prison. But, while they were being transferred to that prison, this team managed to escape and secretly went into hiding in Los Angeles.

Now, the A-Team aims to find another team of U.S. soldiers that framed them for the crime back in Vietnam,while they wait however they help other people that have a problem with other underworld dwellers.

Guest staring:
Dirk Benedict ... Pensacola Prisoner Milt
Dwight Schultz ... German Doctor #1

Personally I enjoyed this movie very much. It paid homage to the TV series.

sin

Postby sin on June 28th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Jonah Hex
Josh Brolin, John Malkovich

The U.S. military makes a scarred bounty hunter with warrants on his own head an offer he cannot refuse: in exchange for his freedom, he must stop a terrorist who is ready to unleash Hell on Earth.

From what I understand this is also a comic book/video game. :/

Little kids I would not recommend seeing as to how Jonah gets scarred.

It was an entertaining movie. Not one I will buy. But a nice brainless movie.

Image Image Image Image

sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion